Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471631 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41280 on: December 13, 2013, 01:33:39 am »

Well, Lootas are considered thieves by most other orks, mainly because they nick everything. The Deathskull clan are thieves as their sort of shtick.

However, Lootas are also very open-minded about their posessions. If an Ork is skilled enough to be able to steal anything from a Loota, he won't claim his posession (at least not when the thief is looking) - he stole it fairly, after all. Some Lootas insist that 'sharin' is an essential part of Ork Kultur, but most Orks insist that Lootas are a bunch of thieving skumbags, with no more honour than a baked squig.
Ye gods, Ork Commies.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41281 on: December 13, 2013, 02:47:33 am »

Well, Lootas are considered thieves by most other orks, mainly because they nick everything. The Deathskull clan are thieves as their sort of shtick.

However, Lootas are also very open-minded about their posessions. If an Ork is skilled enough to be able to steal anything from a Loota, he won't claim his posession (at least not when the thief is looking) - he stole it fairly, after all. Some Lootas insist that 'sharin' is an essential part of Ork Kultur, but most Orks insist that Lootas are a bunch of thieving skumbags, with no more honour than a baked squig.
Ye gods, Ork Commies.

You mean Kommiez.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41282 on: December 13, 2013, 02:48:10 am »

Pardon my atrocious spelling Typo.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41283 on: December 13, 2013, 02:55:23 am »

My downloads directory got corrupted somehow...
I'm very confused by it and I don't know how it happened. I didn't lose anything luckily, just a couple of Path of Exile builds I was trying out.
But still very weird...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41284 on: December 13, 2013, 04:26:16 am »

I found this in my email today.
Good day

Owing to the current sanitisation of the Oil and Gas sector in The Federal Republic of Nigeria by the present administration of President Good luck Ebele Jonathan, I write you this Proposal for an urgent business accord. I am the current secretary to the oil and Gas Trust Funds Committee (OGTFC) set up last year by the Presidency to bring sanity to the Oil and Gas sector in Nigeria by ensuring the sector is revitalized and put back in its best form. Part of the committee's mandate is to pay up all debts that the Federal Government of Nigeria owe its foreign contractors and in the course of my job which entails carrying out inquiries on foreign contractors that we are to pay, a notice was brought forward to me on a contract awarded to a foreign firm to "SUPPLY PIPELINE PRODUCTS TO THE WARRI, KADUNA AND PORT-HARCOURT REFINERIES" issued out by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC) in 1995 by the then Military regime of Late General Sani Abacha when the 3 Refineries were unde
rgoing a Turn Around Main
This is why I decided to contact you to assist me in achieving this objectives. I will want you to know that there is no risk involved in this deal especially with my being the Secretary of the committee and since the funds have been made available for payment by the Presidency, it will be paid as soon as you apply for it. All I want you to do is indicate in your reply to this mail that you can assist me so that we can then work out the percentage that would be accrued to you for your assistance. Please only get back to me if you know you are capable of handling this deal.

While I await your response.

Thank You,
Yours Faithful,
Evidence Osakwe
You'd think people would know better than to mention Nigeria in their scams.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41285 on: December 13, 2013, 04:38:33 am »

Good day

Owing to the current sanitisation of the Oil and Gas sector in The Federal Republic of Nigeria by the present administration of President Good luck Ebele Jonathan, I write you this Proposal for an urgent business accord. I am the current secretary to the oil and Gas Trust Funds Committee (OGTFC) set up last year by the Presidency to bring sanity to the Oil and Gas sector in Nigeria by ensuring the sector is revitalized and put back in its best form. Part of the committee's mandate is to pay up all debts that the Federal Government of Nigeria owe its foreign contractors and in the course of my job which entails carrying out inquiries on foreign contractors that we are to pay, a notice was brought forward to me on a contract awarded to a foreign firm to "SUPPLY PIPELINE PRODUCTS TO THE WARRI, KADUNA AND PORT-HARCOURT REFINERIES" issued out by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC) in 1995 by the then Military regime of Late General Sani Abacha when the 3 Refineries were unde
This is why I decided to contact you to assist me in achieving this objectives. I will want you to know that there is no risk involved in this deal especially with my being the Secretary of the committee and since the funds have been made available for payment by the Presidency, it will be paid as soon as you apply for it. All I want you to do is indicate in your reply to this mail that you can assist me so that we can then work out the percentage that would be accrued to you for your assistance. Please only get back to me if you know you are capable of handling this deal.

Thank You,
Yours Faithful,
Evidence Osakwe
Give them credit for having the names of actual political figures mostly correct.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41286 on: December 13, 2013, 06:19:23 am »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41287 on: December 13, 2013, 07:34:54 am »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #41288 on: December 13, 2013, 09:13:47 am »

Good day

Thank You,
Yours Faithful,
Evidence Osakwe
Scambait them and have fuuun!

(Refer to 419 eaters or some site)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41289 on: December 13, 2013, 12:24:49 pm »

They do it on purpose, it's so that they don't waste time conversing with people who aren't stupid enough to fall for it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41290 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33:41 pm »

Good day

Thank You,
Yours Faithful,
Evidence Osakwe

http://www.419eater.com

EDIT: Hm skyrunner beat me to it :p
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41291 on: December 13, 2013, 12:57:04 pm »

This is amazing.
if() == check()
for() == check()
while() == check()
Instead of "running" a program, which implies thin privilege and pressure to "work out", programs are "given birth". After birth, a program has a 40% chance of doing what is done in the code, 40% of "not in the mood" (i.e. nothing occurs), and 40% of randomly reorganising the execution order of the functions found in main(). Math(s) don't real.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:00:58 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #41292 on: December 13, 2013, 01:07:42 pm »

This is amazing.
if() == check()
for() == check()
while() == check()
Instead of "running" a program, which implies thin privilege and pressure to "work out", programs are "given birth". After birth, a program has a 40% chance of doing what is done in the code, 40% of "not in the mood" (i.e. nothing occurs), and 40% of randomly reorganising the execution order of the functions found in main(). Math(s) don't real.
I've been following for a bit now, and I've got to say even with my limited programming language it's the funniest fucking thing I've seen in awhile. The best thing though is you can actually write code in it.

Quote from: Booleans
Booleans are banned for imposing a binary view of true and false. C+= operates paralogically and transcends the trappings of Patriarchal binary logic. No means no, and yes could mean no as well. Stop raping women.
Even if you're offended by this, you have to admit it's pretty fucking clever.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:17:13 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41293 on: December 13, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »

The rest of it's pretty funny, but this makes me WTF:
a program has a 40% chance of ..., 40% of ..., and 40% of....
Does it sometimes do more than one of those? Are the chances independent of each other? How would that work given that one of the possibilities is doing nothing? If it doesn't do any of the three options it just crashes?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41294 on: December 13, 2013, 01:30:46 pm »

If the program isn't in the mood, it won't give birth. You don't want to force it, do you?
(Give birth is the c+= equivalent of running)

Also this:
No class hierarchy or other stigmata of OOP (objectification-oriented programming). In fact, as an intersectional acknowledgement of Class Struggle our language will have no classes at all.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 11037