Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 [2726] 2727 2728 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436956 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40875 on: December 03, 2013, 02:10:40 am »

Watermelon is delicious.

Salted watermelon is delicious.

I've never had chicken, fried or otherwise.

What about fried watermelon?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40876 on: December 03, 2013, 02:12:44 am »

Watermelon is delicious.

Salted watermelon is delicious.

I've never had chicken, fried or otherwise.

What about fried watermelon?

Is that physically possible?

If it were, I'm sure I would have already heard of it, from a Texan county or state level fair maybe... Another state would be fine too, now that I think about it. They could fry my hopes and dreams in Pepsi batter if they were capable of finding them, this wouldn't be so out of the ordinary.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40877 on: December 03, 2013, 02:14:09 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40878 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:12 am »

BEHOLD!

I.... Um.... That doesn't look half bad actually.  :o

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40879 on: December 03, 2013, 02:16:52 am »

If you shaped some watermelon slices into a chicken shape, then fried it, would it be double racist?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40880 on: December 03, 2013, 02:19:52 am »

If you shaped some watermelon slices into a chicken shape, then fried it, would it be double racist?

It would be like putting two KKK clansman outfits on at once. You could go to one of their rallies naked, just tossing pieces of deep fried watermelon at people. Do they still hold rallies? I want this to happen. Also, I'm nervous. Why am I nervous, I dislike being nervous cease these shenanigans you piece of star farts that holds me on this plane

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #40881 on: December 03, 2013, 02:24:16 am »

It would be like putting two KKK clansman outfits on at once. You could go to one of their rallies naked, just tossing pieces of deep fried watermelon at people. Do they still hold rallies? I want this to happen. Also, I'm nervous. Why am I nervous, I dislike being nervous cease these shenanigans you piece of star farts that holds me on this plane

I think a more apt analogy would be dressing up as Hitler, then putting a Klan outfit on top of that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40882 on: December 03, 2013, 02:38:16 am »

The current schedule for buses arriving at my school looks something like this:

Pre-bell: One bus arrives.
5-10 minutes later: Seven more arrive.
Buses then arrive every minute or two.

The landing only has room for three or four buses at once, meaning that the later buses will be delayed ~5 minutes. The frustrating thing is that you pretty much have to be outside early, just in case your bus arrives before the rest of the pack.

The frustrating thing is that this only really started recently. Before, there were at least only two waves of four buses, so not as much time was wasted.

Maybe they have some kind of good reason for changing it, but it still seems weird and annoying.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40883 on: December 03, 2013, 02:42:20 am »

I think a more apt analogy would be dressing up as Hitler, then putting a Klan outfit on top of that.

But how would anyone tell that you were dressed as Hitler? Would you draw a toothbrush mustache on the hood with permanent marker?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #40884 on: December 03, 2013, 02:42:39 am »

Duh.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40885 on: December 03, 2013, 02:44:57 am »

Well excuse me, Princess. There's no reason to cop an attitude just because I'm not intimately familiar with the mechanics of nested bigotry.

:P

3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #40886 on: December 03, 2013, 02:46:34 am »

Another popular mechanism is with black tape.
Or duct tape and a sharpie.
But we will forgive you this once, citizen. After all you're not that horse that Caligula made senator.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40887 on: December 03, 2013, 02:48:59 am »

Now I'm considering how one would go about writing a story about Sleipnir, time-travelling Senator.

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #40888 on: December 03, 2013, 05:13:15 am »

I realized that two things taught in high school first grade math in Korea just disappear and we never talk about them again until college. One is complex numbers (mainly i) and the other is the definition of operators (eg, closed operators, identity elements, inverse elements). Weird. :P A lot of other things regularly show their faces, be it algebra, sets, trig, or probability.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40889 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:03 am »

Frikkin i.  I went through a lot of trouble to remember i being told I'll need it in my Computer engineering degree.   I go through all these electrical classes learning all these annoying formulas and then 1 chapter away from finals the chapter goes all,

"Hey you remember all those 100 stupid formulas you had to remember to work out all these problems?  Well now we're teaching you about i (or j specifically in electronics) and how you would have saved so much trouble if we just told you inductors had their values multiplied by i and capacitors had it multiplied by -i.  Even though it's a prereq to already know how i works to take this class."

Textbooks must be written by the criminally insane.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 [2726] 2727 2728 ... 11040