Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458261 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39705 on: November 03, 2013, 11:33:48 pm »

It's sort of weird to realize that I've been using the same, beat-up flip open phone for the past year or two and my Grandma is buying a shiny new smartphone whenever one comes out.
I'm still using the phone I got when I started highschool; and I'm done will university now.

But it's on my parents' plan still, which means it's free. :P
Y'all crazy, I just use my wife's phone.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

nthdream

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39706 on: November 04, 2013, 05:33:39 am »

It's sort of weird to realize that I've been using the same, beat-up flip open phone for the past year or two and my Grandma is buying a shiny new smartphone whenever one comes out.
I get nostalgic for old flip-phones and slide-phones and solid-body phones now and then, to the point of thinking about ditching my smartphone.  Trust me: Smartphones are nothing but weakness and time-sinks.

OT: There was a small slug suspended mid-air in front of my monitor the other day.  I have no idea how it got there and it kinda freaked me out.  I had been on the computer for a few hours at that point but I have no idea how long it'd been there just...  Hanging around.  Anyway, that was the day I learned slugs are more like Spiderman than any of us humans.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:35:30 am by nthdream »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39707 on: November 04, 2013, 06:08:42 am »

So, thanks to SS13 having 34 people online, last Saturday/Sunday night I stayed up to 4 AM. I woke up at noon. I went to bed half an hour later than usual.

Today, I had a lecture at 8 AM. I normally set an alarm at 7, but for some reason my brain decided that it cannot let me sleep that long. So I woke up at 6 AM.

WTF, sleep cycle?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39708 on: November 04, 2013, 07:51:05 am »

So I acquired a tv...

When people buy deodorant, do they seriously buy the one that's best at attracting MILFs? I've been doing this wrong all the time o.o

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39709 on: November 04, 2013, 10:02:24 am »

Some do. We let their stench warn us of their character.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39710 on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:35 pm »

I just learned how the HQ of the Department of Health looks like:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This place looks like they were expecting a siege. Probably a siege by the Resistance, led by Gordon Freeman.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39711 on: November 04, 2013, 04:48:00 pm »

That's brutalism for you. Not much in the way of elegance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39712 on: November 04, 2013, 05:01:35 pm »

Granted, I wouldn't design it like that, but it is fairly elegant for a brutalist building.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39713 on: November 04, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »

I'm so congested, I'm blowing snot out my tear ducts!

I can blow bubbles through my eyes! D:
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39714 on: November 04, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »

Granted, I wouldn't design it like that, but it is fairly elegant for a brutalist building.
It looks like it's composed of several giant, enclosed guillotines; once you've got the guilty verdict, just take them to one of the many head slots, press a button, and the people outside get to watch the white tabs drop like an amusement park ride. Bonus points if the blood trickles out the bottom of the slits in the sides and waterfalls down the concrete, pooling on the sidewalk.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39715 on: November 04, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »

It looks like it's composed of several giant, enclosed guillotines; once you've got the guilty verdict, just take them to one of the many head slots, press a button, and the people outside get to watch the white tabs drop like an amusement park ride. Bonus points if the blood trickles out the bottom of the slits in the sides and waterfalls down the concrete, pooling on the sidewalk.

Was the building designed by Ironside & Mallone?

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39716 on: November 04, 2013, 06:00:28 pm »

Am I the only person here who occasionally opens up some music in one tab, switch tabs, and then get startled by the music I just put on two seconds ago starting to play, even if quietly?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39717 on: November 04, 2013, 06:52:45 pm »

I don't think that the state governments are quite that obvious yet. The architectural company designs hockey rinks, not slaughterhouses.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39718 on: November 04, 2013, 07:00:59 pm »

Am I the only person here who occasionally opens up some music in one tab, switch tabs, and then get startled by the music I just put on two seconds ago starting to play, even if quietly?
No it happens to me too. Although i often turn up the volume too much and so it's very loud when it starts.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39719 on: November 04, 2013, 07:40:25 pm »

I don't think that the state governments are quite that obvious yet. The architectural company designs hockey rinks, not slaughterhouses.
I never knew architecture was so politically charged. I mean, not liking a certain aesthetic is one thing, but comparing people to Hitler over it is simply unbelievable, and I already had a very low opinion of the average person.

This would suggest to me that the average person is far too stupid to ever run an actual good political system. Faith in humanity -7.

I don't know weather this should have been in the sad thread, the rage thread, or the politics thread. I am seriously troubled by this revelation.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:44:41 pm by Lagslayer »
Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 11040