Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 [2632] 2633 2634 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463518 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39465 on: October 29, 2013, 05:56:14 pm »

It means I'm a little princess ༼இɷஇ༽
What is that thing?

It scares me.
Are you telling me I'm pretty? ༼இɷஇ༽

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39466 on: October 29, 2013, 06:10:15 pm »

I think I can see its kidneys...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39467 on: October 29, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »

What is that thing?

It scares me.
I think I can see its kidneys...
I'm positive it's a poorly-drawn cock and balls or expertly-drawn broken cock and balls. With balls in the centre.
It's obviously 2 chickens locked in the most intense thumb-wrestling match of all time.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39468 on: October 29, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »

What is that thing?

It scares me.

KILL IT WITH FIRE.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39469 on: October 29, 2013, 06:40:25 pm »

So, Christian Gaming Communities are a thing. I'd never really considered the two to be related but there you go. It's a very strange partnership of hobbies (maybe not the right word, but I can't think of one that covers both things. I think that's a testament to how they aren't two particularly related... things.).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:42:20 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39470 on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:05 pm »

I've known about that sort of thing for a while. I will never forget the time I began encountering evangelists while playing online games. Yes, they were trying to convert people.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39471 on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:43 pm »

So, Christian Gaming Communities are a thing. I'd never really considered the two to be related but there you go. It's a very strange partnership of hobbies (maybe not the right word, but I can't think of one that covers both things. I think that's a testament to how they aren't two particularly related... things.).
I think the reason it seems a little odd to you is that you're thinking of them on the same level. They aren't both hobbies, that's why it's hard to think of a word that covers both of them.
Christianity is a religion, gaming is a hobby. There's a pretty big difference. Maybe not to nonreligious people, but there is a difference.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39472 on: October 29, 2013, 06:48:41 pm »

I think the reason it seems a little odd to you is that you're thinking of them on the same level. They aren't both hobbies, that's why it's hard to think of a word that covers both of them.
Christianity is a religion, gaming is a hobby. There's a pretty big difference. Maybe not to nonreligious people, but there is a difference.
Oh, I understand that, that's part of the deal. They're on different levels of what-people-do that it seems kind of shoehorned in to make a community in common.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39473 on: October 29, 2013, 06:54:01 pm »

Communities don't need to be centered around something... logical? I guess? They're based around common attributes or traits of their members, even if they seem rather arbitrarily shoved together.

When I played World of Warcraft I saw a few obviously Christian guilds. They weren't snobby or holier than thou type things, as far as I could tell, but just groups of people with two common interests: wow and religion.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39474 on: October 29, 2013, 07:01:32 pm »

We still have candy for the purpose of giving it away to kids. I'm surprised we didn't eat them all yet.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39475 on: October 29, 2013, 07:03:12 pm »

Helping a friend with physics homework.

I got a question about Big Bertha (the cannon) once on physics homework. All the numbers being random, I got a WWI cannon apparently capable of firing a shot around the Earth several times. Realizing how ridiculously high the number was, I looked up the real one and it was something like 12km.

I was gonna say, if we had cannons like that we'd never have developed missiles :P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39476 on: October 29, 2013, 07:05:29 pm »

Missiles also have a guidance system. Ballistics are considerably more difficult over such long distances.

/buzzkillington

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39477 on: October 29, 2013, 07:06:55 pm »

Missiles also have a guidance system. Ballistics are considerably more difficult over such long distances.

/buzzkillington
If DEFCON has taught me anything, it's that you can solve any problem with intercontinental weapons by firing more of them at once.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39478 on: October 29, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »

I once met a very, very Christian gamer who asked me if he could pray for me after we had a long conversation. I think we were playing Zombie Master.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39479 on: October 29, 2013, 07:09:22 pm »

Total Annihilation has taught me that we'll eventually be able to build cannons that launch projectiles across the world with near-pinpoint accuracy (also named Big Bertha). What am I going to believe, the video game I played for countless hours as a child or some random guy on the internet?
Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 [2632] 2633 2634 ... 11040