Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2628 2629 [2630] 2631 2632 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462490 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39435 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »

Just be glad that they lost their political clout in everything but local politics. Prohibition didn't appear out of thin air, after all. You still can't buy most alcohol on Sundays in North Carolina.

North Carolina? I'm pretty sure it's US-wide, with possible exceptions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39436 on: October 29, 2013, 01:29:05 pm »

Just be glad that they lost their political clout in everything but local politics. Prohibition didn't appear out of thin air, after all. You still can't buy most alcohol on Sundays in North Carolina.

If you consider "exceptions" to be most of the country, yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39437 on: October 29, 2013, 01:36:44 pm »

You know, in D&D, Transmute Liquid is a fourth level wizard spell, and I'm sure there's something against wizardry in the Old Testament.

I am so tempted to go roll a Christ character right now.
You'd be fine, so long as your character is not one who "...who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead...".

The bolded bit could cause problems. I recommend finding a way to get it as a spell-like ability or supernatural ability, instead. Assuming this is 3.5e.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:39:02 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39438 on: October 29, 2013, 01:53:51 pm »

It's almost like YHWH's a level 20 Wizard trying to prevent anyone else from becoming wizards to challenge him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39439 on: October 29, 2013, 02:01:15 pm »

It's almost like YHWH's a level 20 Wizard trying to prevent anyone else from becoming wizards to challenge him.
Just don't anybody look behind the curtain, ya?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39440 on: October 29, 2013, 02:04:43 pm »

If you consider "exceptions" to be most of the country, yes.

I'll be the first to admit that I can be wrong quite often. Thanks for the link.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39442 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:36 pm »

do not destroy its trees by putting an ax to them, because you can eat their fruit. Do not cut them down. Are the trees people, that you should besiege them?

Say what you say about God, but he's not a treekiller xD

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39443 on: October 29, 2013, 02:17:13 pm »

do not destroy its trees by putting an ax to them, because you can eat their fruit. Do not cut them down. Are the trees people, that you should besiege them?

It's almost like he values trees above humans...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
._.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39444 on: October 29, 2013, 02:18:05 pm »

Even God doesn't fuck with Ents.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39446 on: October 29, 2013, 02:21:45 pm »

It really shouldn't be WTF, though. The...."proclivities" of OT Yahweh are well known even among Christians these days.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39447 on: October 29, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »

This make far more sense than it should. Oh, and he's probably Lawful Neutral. Lawful's obvious, given how taken the guy is with his rules. That aside, remember that he kicked Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden for eating apples of Knowledge (Good/Evil).  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39448 on: October 29, 2013, 03:47:42 pm »

This make far more sense than it should. Oh, and he's probably Lawful Neutral. Lawful's obvious, given how taken the guy is with his rules. That aside, remember that he kicked Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden for eating apples of Knowledge (Good/Evil).  :P

Dare I?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39449 on: October 29, 2013, 03:54:37 pm »

Dare I?

He ordered one of his followers to do something, clearly expecting it to be carried out. His follower promptly did so. He then revealed it to be a test of loyalty and told his follower to do something different as a reward (which he did). Lawful.

He did something cruel (ordered a follower to kill their child in his name) with good intentions--from his perspective, anyways--and, when his intention was fulfilled, did something good (allowed the follower to kill an animal in his name, which was common practice for worship at the time, and thus about as Good as you'll get in the historical context). He favored neither good nor evil, using them as tools for his own ends. Neutral.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2628 2629 [2630] 2631 2632 ... 11040