Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2576 2577 [2578] 2579 2580 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437437 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38655 on: October 12, 2013, 11:17:05 am »

Well since his social security card is probably no good now he can't get a job, clearly his only option is to rob people and places for the money to survive.  Can't prosecute a dead man can you?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38656 on: October 12, 2013, 11:19:49 am »

Yesterday, all of a sudden, my mom drops a Gamecube in my lap. This isn't going in the happy thread since there was only one game, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, in poor condition, the controllers had seen just as much abuse, and no memory cards.

I suppose I could try to find some games, but without a memory card it's kinda useless, and I'd prefer to get my PS2 replaced first.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #38657 on: October 12, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

Man, so my parents wanted me to burn some holy words onto a CD (Don't ask).

So I went to pick the cd case up, and was suprised it was actual honest to god CDRs, as in, 700mb disks, unopened and still wrapped up. I opened them to the worst of all musty smells, imagine opening a jar of pickles with an old sock thrown in, and you might get the smell. Leaving them to air for now.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38658 on: October 12, 2013, 01:04:26 pm »

I know what you mean by that, but I can't shake the mental image of someone taking a soldering iron and actually burning words onto a CD.

This amuses me greatly.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #38659 on: October 12, 2013, 05:33:40 pm »

So I went to pick the cd case up, and was suprised it was actual honest to god CDRs, as in, 700mb disks, unopened and still wrapped up. I opened them to the worst of all musty smells, imagine opening a jar of pickles with an old sock thrown in, and you might get the smell. Leaving them to air for now.

Congratulations. You have just managed to discover and confirm the long-rumored existence of fermented data.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38660 on: October 12, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »

Doubly horrifying because it reminds one of the certain coloured breakfast bread that shant be named.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38661 on: October 12, 2013, 06:20:55 pm »

And he is not referring to myself there, I can assure you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38662 on: October 12, 2013, 06:56:15 pm »

Doubly horrifying because it reminds one of the certain coloured breakfast bread that shant be named.
Show me on the doll where Belgium touched you.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38663 on: October 12, 2013, 07:43:08 pm »

A Spider just descended from the ceiling right over my laptop, paused in front of my face, and started climbing up. I think the Spider strategy of getting rid of the fly infestation has gone too far.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38664 on: October 12, 2013, 08:41:02 pm »

A Spider just descended from the ceiling right over my laptop, paused in front of my face, and started climbing up. I think the Spider strategy of getting rid of the fly infestation has gone too far.

Speaking of, last night I got off to turn off a light and I noticed there was a spider hanging right over my head.

They're forward scouts. They're preparing for war. Gentlemen, get your flip-flops and shovels ready.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38665 on: October 12, 2013, 08:42:50 pm »

Speaking of, last night I got off to turn off a light and I noticed there was a spider hanging right over my head.

They're forward scouts. They're preparing for war. Gentlemen, get your flip-flops and shovels ready.
I spotted one on the floor of my bedroom just last night. His corpse now lies awaiting disposal in the trashcan.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38666 on: October 12, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »

Too many gaps for them to hide in. Aerosol can and a lighter for me. No escaping the fireball.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38667 on: October 12, 2013, 08:45:29 pm »

I can just imagine a flaming tarantula sinking its half-inch long fangs into your tender flesh as it sets your clothes on fire.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38668 on: October 12, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »

I can just imagine a flaming tarantula sinking its half-inch long fangs into your tender flesh as it sets your clothes on fire.
It'd do it, too. They're nothing if not spiteful.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #38669 on: October 12, 2013, 09:23:57 pm »

They are still making Fairly Odd Parents, something about that is just weird, I was for some reason reading up on the show, ready to post in the sad thread my weird thing about how I feel when narratives finish and then I realise that it hasn't ended yet, surely there's no one watching it... Right?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 2576 2577 [2578] 2579 2580 ... 11040