Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2560 2561 [2562] 2563 2564 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433947 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38415 on: October 07, 2013, 08:28:03 am »

Sudden attack of superfluous furniture.

I... thank you, grandparents? I guess? I... I won't use it. The laptop has no use for a desk and I don't really have enough clothes to do anything with them beyond stack then in a little clean clothes stack in some chair or whatever. And there's not really any space in this house to put it, especially in rooms I actually use. And it's already been miserable getting out of the vehicle ('cause I'm sick, and the outside is currently in "gonna' make you more sick huehuehue" mode), and it's not even done yet because the main body is kinda' flimsy and I can't get it out without breaking it into pieces. But... it's the thought that counts. Right? Right.

I keep telling you I don't need this crap when it comes up in conversation. I'm perfectly fine sans desk and chest of drawers. Or anything more than I already have access to. The house only has so much space >_<
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:31:05 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38416 on: October 07, 2013, 10:33:00 am »

Although I have learned to always lock my car doors, (it has become such a habit that I don't remember doing it and go out and double check) sometimes the door isn't closed all the way and doesn't lock or something else happens and one door ends up unlocked.

Every. Single. Time. That happens I end up losing something out of my car only to find it fine and 100% intact in somebody's bushes or something.  Usually my insurance and registration folder, sometimes my school bag if I was lazy and didn't see the need to bring it in that day.

Nothing is ever taken out of any of this, though there is little of value anyway. Even small amounts of money are left alone. Neighbors have the same problem, and stuff quickly gets returned to their owners when found.  But this has been happening for half a year, pretty regularly.

My WTF is, why the hell does somebody go through all this trouble to loot any unlocked neighborhood cars, and just stash the stuff in bushes at least once a week?  And how has this been going on for so long without them getting caught?  You'd think an actual burglar would know he can sell the books out of my bag for a good chunk of change, but that never happens.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:34:53 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38417 on: October 07, 2013, 10:39:24 am »

Although I have learned to always lock my car doors, (it has become such a habit that I don't remember doing it and go out and double check) sometimes the door isn't closed all the way and doesn't lock or something else happens and one door ends up unlocked.

Every. Single. Time. That happens I end up losing something out of my car only to find it fine and 100% intact in somebody's bushes or something.  Usually my insurance and registration folder, sometimes my school bag if I was lazy and didn't see the need to bring it in that day.

Nothing is ever taken out of any of this, though there is little of value anyway. Even small amounts of money are left alone. Neighbors have the same problem, and stuff quickly gets returned to their owners when found.  But this has been happening for half a year, pretty regularly.

My WTF is, why the hell does somebody go through all this trouble to loot any unlocked neighborhood cars, and just stash the stuff in bushes at least once a week?  And how has this been going on for so long without them getting caught?  You'd think an actual burglar would know he can sell the books out of my bag for a good chunk of change, but that never happens.
Maybe they're actually trying to do a good thing and teach you to secure your car doors.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38418 on: October 07, 2013, 10:39:58 am »

Maybe it's raccoons?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38419 on: October 07, 2013, 10:54:57 am »

Maybe they're actually trying to do a good thing and teach you to secure your car doors.
Yea I considered that, and it is working, before this started happening nobody locked their doors around here, but now it's to the point where just about everybody locks the doors.  At this point it's just the odd little unusual circumstance like a seatbelt jamming in a door or something that keeps cars from being 100% secure, just small little human lapses everyone is prone to have.  I don't see how continuing will improve it.

That's a bizarre method, and takes a lot of dedication to spend time doing that, let alone risking jail time or getting shot by somebody if they get caught.

@Raccoons
I think my bag alone weighs more than a raccoon.  My money is on raptors.  They are huge enough to carry it, and I hear they can open doors, Jurassic park says so.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:59:03 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38420 on: October 07, 2013, 12:23:56 pm »

There's this guy on my floor who inexplicably freaks me out. I don't know why, but he's just really unnerving. It seems like I run into him a lot, and I swear he's always giving me this odd look when I do. And we've never so much as spoken once.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38421 on: October 07, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »

I just fell asleep for pretty much no reason.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38422 on: October 07, 2013, 12:34:41 pm »

Yea I considered that, and it is working, before this started happening nobody locked their doors around here, but now it's to the point where just about everybody locks the doors.  At this point it's just the odd little unusual circumstance like a seatbelt jamming in a door or something that keeps cars from being 100% secure, just small little human lapses everyone is prone to have.  I don't see how continuing will improve it.

That's a bizarre method, and takes a lot of dedication to spend time doing that, let alone risking jail time or getting shot by somebody if they get caught.
Kleptomania?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #38423 on: October 07, 2013, 12:45:50 pm »

Clearly, they are following a prophecy that the item they seek will, someday, be in one of those cars. Probably disguised as a seemingly normal object. They throw the items that don't match into the bushes so they know they already scanned that item. By putting the stuff back you're forcing them to rescan everything.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38424 on: October 07, 2013, 01:23:31 pm »

I've never really paid attention to the stuff they put on display in the halls of my college before, but today I looked at a few of the works of the art students in the school.

What. The. Fuck!?

Some of the strangest things I have ever seen were in those display cases.

Near the photography classes there are some great photographs of people, animals and interesting places, and in the engineering wing they put devices made by students on display.

In the art wing though? Complete mind-fuckery.

Why is that man melting? How come that man(?) without skin is dancing in the rain?

Why is Hitler trapped inside a T.V.? How did he get in there? And why is the T.V. floating in the middle of the ocean?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38425 on: October 07, 2013, 01:27:29 pm »

Why is Hitler trapped inside a T.V.? How did he get in there? And why is the T.V. floating in the middle of the ocean?
Is this a sequel to Persona 4 Arena?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38426 on: October 07, 2013, 01:42:17 pm »

Stream of centration right after it's released.
AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE:
10 minutes for pre-startup installs and such.
Launcher won't let you login. (The login button does not work)
Trying to start the launcher again results in the screen rapidly flashing

10/10 goty.

E: One of the inis contains a variable named banana.
Also, a variable called ReleaseVersion set to False. Herp derp.

E2: The login button did work, there was just an immensely tiny input field.

E3: No servers to connect to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:57:45 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38427 on: October 07, 2013, 02:08:21 pm »

NYC has abandoned sanity, Tornado Watch currently in effect. Please, how does this happen?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38428 on: October 07, 2013, 02:34:04 pm »

I've never really paid attention to the stuff they put on display in the halls of my college before, but today I looked at a few of the works of the art students in the school.

What. The. Fuck!?

Near the photography classes there are some great photographs of people, animals and interesting places, and in the engineering wing they put devices made by students on display.

Why is that man melting? How come that man(?) without skin is dancing in the rain?

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #38429 on: October 07, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »

What. The. Fuck!?

Contemporary art, a flowchart:

1. Do you have any idea what it means? If no, go to 2. If yes, go to 4a.
2. Does the artist have any idea what it means? If no, go to 4b. If yes, go to 3.
3. Are you sure he's not making it up on the spot? If no, go to 4b. If yes, go to 4a.
4a. NOT ART!
4b. ART!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2560 2561 [2562] 2563 2564 ... 11039