Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2554 2555 [2556] 2557 2558 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14428377 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38325 on: October 04, 2013, 10:56:57 am »

And here I thought they were trying to get you in on a cursus "Cooking with people"  :(

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38326 on: October 04, 2013, 11:12:04 am »

So, is it advisable to roam or rebuild after an apocalypse?
It depends on whether or not the countryside has bushes.
No no no, it depends on the amount of drugs that are being dealed in the vicinity.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38327 on: October 04, 2013, 11:13:15 am »

I have been invited, or at least informed of, a "humanitarian project" happening over spring break.

The club in question, and whoever wants to pony up $100, will be replacing lightbulbs (with energy efficient versions)...in New Orleans...over spring break.

Yep, legit.

So wait, you can pay someone $100 for the chance to change lightbulbs?
iz gud deel
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #38328 on: October 04, 2013, 12:09:28 pm »

I have been invited, or at least informed of, a "humanitarian project" happening over spring break.

The club in question, and whoever wants to pony up $100, will be replacing lightbulbs (with energy efficient versions)...in New Orleans...over spring break.

Yep, legit.

So wait, you can pay someone $100 for the chance to change lightbulbs?
iz gud deel

Question is whether or not said $100 covers travel and lodging and whether or not you want to visit New Orleans. It couldn't be a terrible way to spend a spring break if you've nothing else planned, right?

Well, you do know the real reason people spend Spring Break in New Orleans, right?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38329 on: October 04, 2013, 12:12:13 pm »

Does it involve going wild?
This is a blank sig.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38330 on: October 04, 2013, 12:17:59 pm »

It involves people exposing their intimate parts to people in exchange for an item of jewellery that has a market value of about half a dollar.

An event which I've always assumed was an allegory for the exploitation of native American trading practices during the colonial era.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #38331 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:02 pm »

Mardi Gras is infamous. New Orleans is one of the only municipalities in America without open container laws, and so every Fat Tuesday, thousands of college students wander down to get unbelievably wasted and flash themselves in return for plastic beads.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38332 on: October 04, 2013, 01:41:09 pm »

Fucking Mosquitos, kill them all. Indiscriminately. Anything that lives off Mosquito can either do without, or die and let evolution get over it.

Last time I checked, mosquito control was actually the single most expensive public expense to my town, having more than double the funding of the police force.

And damnit if you still get bit sometimes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38333 on: October 04, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »

An event which I've always assumed was an allegory for the exploitation of native American trading practices during the colonial era.
You've put more thought into this than anybody actually involved.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38334 on: October 04, 2013, 02:34:28 pm »

It involves people exposing their intimate parts to people in exchange for an item of jewellery that has a market value of about half a dollar.

I have never heard of this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38335 on: October 04, 2013, 02:46:36 pm »

Which part, the New Orleans Mardi Gras tradition, or it's possibly allegorical nature.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38336 on: October 04, 2013, 02:47:16 pm »

Which part, the New Orleans Mardi Gras tradition, or it's possibly allegorical nature.
The former, and as a consequence, the latter too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38337 on: October 04, 2013, 09:51:08 pm »

I made a sandwich upside down on accident, which led me to question how a sandwich could possibly be upside-down. This made me realize that every non-hamburger sandwich I've seen in my life has been made in the order of (from top to bottom): Bread, mild condiment (mayo), small vegetables (olives, onions etc.), large vegetables (lettuce & tomatoes), cheese, meat, spicy condiment (mustard usually), bread.

I then realized that before sandwiches existed, somebody probably had to sit down and figure out the best possible way to arrange ingredients on a sandwich, which spread throughout all of society and became the de facto norm for putting a bunch of random crap between pieces of bread.

It bothers me that there is somebody, somewhere in the world making a sandwich in the "wrong" order, possibly even as I type.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38338 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »

I made a sandwich upside down on accident, which led me to question how a sandwich could possibly be upside-down. This made me realize that every non-hamburger sandwich I've seen in my life has been made in the order of (from top to bottom): Bread, mild condiment (mayo), small vegetables (olives, onions etc.), large vegetables (lettuce & tomatoes), cheese, meat, spicy condiment (mustard usually), bread.

I then realized that before sandwiches existed, somebody probably had to sit down and figure out the best possible way to arrange ingredients on a sandwich, which spread throughout all of society and became the de facto norm for putting a bunch of random crap between pieces of bread.

It bothers me that there is somebody, somewhere in the world making a sandwich in the "wrong" order, possibly even as I type.
Funny, because I have seen pretty much every burger I've ever eaten prepared in the opposite order.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38339 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:54 pm »

The first thing I thought of upon hearing this was that one could make money selling those beads.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 2554 2555 [2556] 2557 2558 ... 11039