Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2537 2538 [2539] 2540 2541 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14427826 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38070 on: September 28, 2013, 01:16:19 am »

Could have just been for some odd denomination or another. No clue if the major stuff wherever shonus is at has some equivalent to the whole tantric thing, but... probably.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38071 on: September 28, 2013, 03:36:14 am »

Yeah, as a preacher he probably didn't want them, but figured somebody else would be made happier with them. Good deeds and all that.
Reminds me of that joke - a priest preaches: "And each time I see that old drunkard leaving that bar, I want to tell him: 'You're on the wrong path! Turn around!'"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38072 on: September 28, 2013, 09:36:56 am »

Could have just been for some odd denomination or another. No clue if the major stuff wherever shonus is at has some equivalent to the whole tantric thing, but... probably.
The denomination of the Strip Club!

Don't worry that our church is in the strip club, trust us, it's official

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38073 on: September 28, 2013, 09:39:39 am »

Well, there's almost certainly a few that abbreviate to SC... sure, they say they're Southern Catholic or something, but I think we all know what's going on here. Bloody starcraft fanatics.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38074 on: September 28, 2013, 09:42:18 am »

Well, there's almost certainly a few that abbreviate to SC... sure, they say they're Southern Catholic or something, but I think we all know what's going on here. Bloody starcraft fanatics.

"And the commander said, 'You must construct additional pylons.'"

I apologize to all Starcraft fans I've insulted by using this meme :P

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38075 on: September 28, 2013, 09:49:52 am »

"And the commander said, 'You must construct additional pylons.'"

I apologize to all Starcraft fans I've insulted by using this meme :P
Our Raynor, who art in Hyperion,
Zerg-rushed be thy base
Thy bio-ball come,
Thy destruction be done
On Zerg as it is on Terran;
Give us this day our daily tanks,
And forgive us our cheeses
As we forgive those who cheese against us
And lead us not into chokepoints
But deliver us from zealots
En taro adun!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38076 on: September 28, 2013, 10:15:52 am »

"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the galaxy, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” But Raynor found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

God said to Raynor, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the dominion is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. So take yourself an ark of hardest steel; make rooms in it and coat it with laser batteries and it will protect you well. I am going to bring the Zerg onto the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything  will perish..."

SC3, Legacy of the Hyperion. Coming to a border world near you.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38077 on: September 28, 2013, 10:43:57 am »

I think any random passerby just seeing that would think we started a cult :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38078 on: September 28, 2013, 10:53:03 am »

Through the magic of PBS Idea channel I have learned of an interesting podcast called "Welcome to Night Vale".  I have listened to the first episode.

How do people come up with this stuff?  It's awesome but at the same time really really weird.  There is a dog park near my house.  I will never look at it the same way again.  In fact I should probably never look at it again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38079 on: September 28, 2013, 11:12:21 am »

My campus' crazy preachers are back again, and this time with counter-protestors! Sadly, I missed the time someone dressed up as Thor to harass them.

First image, center left... enhance. 2 + 2 = Goldfish? Gods below, it's a Pepperidge Farm agent!

Last image, far right... enhance. "I'd rather be at a Nickelback concert." Wow. I'm stumped, that's a tough choice.
I like the big one that says "WARNING:Athiest/Drunk/Liar/Thief/Sexual Pervert/Religious Hypocrite  HELL FOREVER". That last bit cracks me up.

At least the one religious zealot I've seen where I work is a nice enough guy, as long as I never ever get into a religious debate with him ever.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38080 on: September 28, 2013, 11:34:26 am »

I hate religious protestors in that they seem annoying, to me, and while I can understand telling someone about your religion in a conversation when asked, starting a conversation with that intent is annoying, to me.

Anyway, protesting in general is alright, I can stand it, but the protesting for religious(Christianity in the picture's case) purpose usually ends up being 'You will go to hell unless you join us' and while, yes they intend to do right, it just seems to be... annoying? I'm probably the only one, and hell I might be sounding like a jackass, but it's me and how I see it.

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FROM THE ORIGINAL STATEMENT.

MAKE A NOTE... AGAIN.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:46:34 am by Iceblaster »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38081 on: September 28, 2013, 11:36:27 am »

Like boycotting Barilla pasta?

EDIT:  My apologies.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:44:34 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38082 on: September 28, 2013, 11:40:26 am »

Hmm...

Well, let me rephrase that(and edit my post so I look smart :P)

I hate religious protestors in that they seem annoying, to me, and while I can understand telling someone about your religion in a conversation when asked, starting a conversation with that intent is annoying, to me.

Anyway, protesting in general is alright, I can stand it, but the protesting for religious(Christianity in the picture's case) purpose usually ends up being 'You will go to hell unless you join us' and while, yes they intend to do right, it just seems to be... annoying? I'm probably the only one, and hell I might be sounding like a jackass, but it's me and how I see it.

Boycotting is something completely different and I don't plan on talking about that... unless it's the same idea... bleh.

EDIT:I think I've lost my original statement... Time for editing before someone notices
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:46:21 am by Iceblaster »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38083 on: September 28, 2013, 12:37:04 pm »

Like boycotting Barilla pasta?
Ooooh, one girl I know made a post about that - and, stupidly, I commented that it's economically sensible for them to not use gays in advertisements. I hope she'll still speak to me regardless :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38084 on: September 28, 2013, 01:18:47 pm »

Through the magic of PBS Idea channel I have learned of an interesting podcast called "Welcome to Night Vale".  I have listened to the first episode.

How do people come up with this stuff?  It's awesome but at the same time really really weird.  There is a dog park near my house.  I will never look at it the same way again.  In fact I should probably never look at it again.
Welcome.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 2537 2538 [2539] 2540 2541 ... 11039