Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2524 2525 [2526] 2527 2528 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14428464 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37875 on: September 23, 2013, 11:55:46 pm »

I'm generally almost always semi-lucid while dreaming. I'm almost never not aware that I'm dreaming during a dream... That said, I almost never actually do anything with it because I generally have pretty awesome interesting dreams that I'd rather not risk breaking.

It is, however, very empowering to go through a story/adventure/normal day knowing that if anything threatens you, well, you secretly control the fabric of reality. Can just start flying and shooting shockwaves from your claws or whatever. Teleport to safety.

Also I can taste in my dreams so I tend to have an abnormally high number of bakeries show up in strange places.

Sleeping is awesome and I'm going to go do it now. :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #37876 on: September 23, 2013, 11:57:59 pm »

Whenever I realize I'm dreaming I immediately regain my senses from the real world (so like I'm able to roll around and can feel the blanket on me.) and my dream vision shuts down and is replaced with an inexplicable awareness of the location and general appearance of everything in my dream.
It's FEF, not FEOF

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37877 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:23 am »

Dreams are like movies, or at least mine are.  And the symbols at better.

Like a dead uncle reborn and crawling through a rusted parking lot with a blue rose in his left hand.  He was blind in his left eye.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37878 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:55 am »

I've only lucid dreamt  once that I can remember.
I got attacked by a robot, so I threw a fireball that exploded in a nuclear mushroom cloud at him. Then I flew away.
I don't remember anything else about it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37879 on: September 24, 2013, 12:13:44 am »

I only occasionally realize I'm dreaming, usually just before my death. But i can always wake myself up before my extremely painful death. I just close my eyes, count to three and open them fast and boom I'm awake and hungry.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37880 on: September 24, 2013, 12:33:42 am »

I ... can't lucid dream, though I can act independently. I just act according to the desires of another personality or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37881 on: September 24, 2013, 01:36:15 am »

I only occasionally realize I'm dreaming, usually just before my death. But i can always wake myself up before my extremely painful death. I just close my eyes, count to three and open them fast and boom I'm awake and hungry.
Ok, can I tell you something?
That is a useful skill, because you know how they say you always wake up before you die in a dream?

You sometimes don't.
And when that happens, it is not frelling fun.
In the actual dream state, it doesn't really hurt all that much, but you can't move.
And it's not like you hit the ground and collapse, either. It's more like in a buggy video game where you kill someone, and instead of ragdolling properly, they go into this glitched T-pose stance. You should know what I'm talking about.
And it is not fun, because you're stuck in this position, unable to move a muscle at all, until you wake up.

And that's when the real horror hits.

For whatever unbelievably stupid reason, your body thinks that dream states are at least semi-real.
This is why some people can feel pain in dreams, some can taste, and so on.

When you die in a dream, and you lock up, your body does too.
When I woke up from a dream death, I couldn't move. All of my body was rendered immobile, like I was turned to stone, and I could only take very shallow breathes, I couldn't speak, but I could move my eyes.
This lasted for quite a long time, I can't say how long because I couldn't see a clock, and terrifying situations make time seems to slow, but it was miserable.

There was another dream I had where I got shot in the leg, and when I woke up, my leg cramped up worse than it ever had before.

Dreams are scary.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37882 on: September 24, 2013, 01:43:07 am »

The only lucid dreams I've had were ones that once I became aware, I couldn't move or interact with anything. I try to touch a wall and it's like I just couldn't move my hand close enough. I also moved extremely slowly, not time-wise but just movement-wise.

And it's weirdwhen I cause myself to wake up, because I can feel my eyes opening as my eyes are open, and everything blurs and changes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37883 on: September 24, 2013, 02:21:07 am »

-snip-

Steelmagic: that happens to me too

mastacheese: yeah, I've experienced that once. Neck pain for a while due to decapitation. Fascinating stuff.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37884 on: September 24, 2013, 03:03:34 am »

I had a dream about scorpions. Giant scorpions everywhere and everyone who died to one of them became a zombie. I had to smash the brains of a zombie-baby ;_;
Then we started packing because we had to flee and I spend what geld like hours on deciding what comic book I was going to take with me, because the mother of the baby I just rekilled (no idea who she was) thought we really needed some comic books. Then we fled to a barn were some old friends of mine were going to church for some reason. Then they started singing and I fled and then I woke up.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37885 on: September 24, 2013, 03:09:58 am »

I once had a dream about healing.

That is, I was a healer. Well, not me. Certainly my POV and my actions, but I'm pretty sure I was a girl. My dreams don't tend towards having me in them anyway.

Anyway, the healing was directional and deliberate. Healing took life out of me. I could do the opposite, too: grab "health" from things. The implication throughout was that there's a balance between health and sickness, that too much of either is very bad, and that I had an incredible tolerance for "health". I could heal individual things or... everything. That part was important. Something-or-other came up (I don't quite remember, this dream was a few days ago and usually they fade soon after waking) and I felt the need to heal everything to my own death for some reason. Didn't do it cause dreams tend to have ADHD.

I know for a fact that this was in a story of some sort I've read somewhere and that brain-plagiarism is at it. I just don't know what. Now I want to know >_<

EDIT: I looked on my phone and saw that I missed a call from the number 1-999-056-66.

EDIT 2: Dammit. I think I missed a hilarious opportunity to make fun of a scammer. If I had answered, I probably would have gotten one of those "hello this is Dave from Microsoft and we've detected a problem with your computer on our network things". I probably would have interrupted by saying that before they get a chance to tell me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:27:15 am by Putnam »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37886 on: September 24, 2013, 03:44:24 am »

I just found out how much drama Brutal Doom caused within the Doom community.

Jesus Christ, it's just a mod.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37887 on: September 24, 2013, 03:50:05 am »

Why is there still a Doom community?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile