Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2495 2496 [2497] 2498 2499 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432866 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37440 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:49 am »

In 2010, war was beggining.

Batman and Commissioner Gordon Freeman and Commissioner John Freeman and Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson and Alfred and Bane and the TV went to the Batcave and got suited up four war. Batman puts on a suit over his suit so his suit had more powers. Gordon and John Freeman got crowbars and batman suits that weren't Batman suits but we're suit like Batman but Freeman. Morgan Freeman got geologist hammer from Batman and pick up AK-47. Liam Neeson get better lightsaybar and glok. Alfred grabb spike cane and put banana on head. Bane grow new head ans gets brass nuccalls. TV turn on Rambo and Die Hard at same time and get Oozi.
I would pay to see this on scene.

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #37441 on: September 14, 2013, 05:42:17 am »

As I recall, France actually did that, and Quebec is very French, so I'm not exactly surprised.
I'm sorry to pull that from the past, but France only banned full-face hiding burqa in public places. As long as your face is visible, it's fine.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37442 on: September 14, 2013, 05:53:52 am »

Belgium might have done that too. Not sure about it.

Point is, you have to be recognizable in public at all times.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37443 on: September 14, 2013, 07:12:59 am »

Why did my grilled cheese sandwich explode like a molten cheese bomb? I'm afraid even science is ill equipped to tackle this problem.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37444 on: September 14, 2013, 07:15:05 am »

Why did my grilled cheese sandwich explode like a molten cheese bomb? I'm afraid even science is ill equipped to tackle this problem.
Sounds delicious. Tell me more, please - I wish to try and replicate this.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37445 on: September 14, 2013, 07:16:14 am »

That's what I'm asking. Only thing I know is now my frying pan is a cheesy mess.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37446 on: September 14, 2013, 07:20:20 am »

That's what I'm asking. Only thing I know is now my frying pan is a cheesy mess.
You don't even know what you put into the sandwich? What sort of bread, etc? Did you have a strange mood?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37447 on: September 14, 2013, 07:25:52 am »

You don't even know what you put into the sandwich? What sort of bread, etc? Did you have a strange mood?

Well, it was a cheese sandwich, on wheat bread, in a gridiron pan, set to medium heat, with a second pan placed ontop of it in order to place constant pressure on the sandwich. Normally, the second pan ensures that the sandwich is brown and golden, evenly cooking it all the way across in the least amount of time possible.

Inside the second pan, was a large can of dog food to give additional weight, and while I wasn't looking there was some sort of pressure buildup in the sandwich and like a small firecracker there was a POOF and cheese detonated from the sides and covered the sides of the pan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37448 on: September 14, 2013, 07:36:35 am »

* Sirus takes notes
Okay, so you use the second pan technique. Not sure why you were using a can to weigh it down though, quite interesting...now, what sort of cheese were you using, and how heavy is the can? Were you trying to cook or warm up the dog food? Could the same results be achieved with a rock? These things are important, you know.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37449 on: September 14, 2013, 07:38:09 am »

I'd hate to ask. . .but did you check the expiration date O_o

And there's another pan..as in, you've set a sandwich on the first pan on top, and over the sandwich, there's a second pan in order to get the heat and warm the top? + Can as weight?

PPE: Sirus.

Second pan technique?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37450 on: September 14, 2013, 07:41:18 am »

Assuming Joshua means what I think he means, he basically put a second pan inside the first one, right side up. This allows one to flatten the sandwich almost like a panini and heat things up a little more evenly.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37451 on: September 14, 2013, 07:53:13 am »

Assuming Joshua means what I think he means, he basically put a second pan inside the first one, right side up. This allows one to flatten the sandwich almost like a panini and heat things up a little more evenly.

This is exactly right. It flattens it and cooks it evenly.

* Sirus takes notes
Okay, so you use the second pan technique. Not sure why you were using a can to weigh it down though, quite interesting...now, what sort of cheese were you using, and how heavy is the can? Were you trying to cook or warm up the dog food? Could the same results be achieved with a rock? These things are important, you know.

It was GFS (Gordon's Food Service) brand cheese, which are small slices that come in large quantities. It's not my preferred cheese, but it gets the job done. I used 3 slices, to be precise.

I have to actually go back and look at the can, but it was 22 ounces. A large can for sure, but this technique isn't meant to heat up the can in any way, and for sure didn't any any hotter than luke warm. The pan itself was no more than a pound itself, so I felt it needed more weight.

but the Can was just there for weight, a heavy rock would have achieved the same thing, but that was the closest thing on hand.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37452 on: September 14, 2013, 07:56:24 am »

Yeah... they've actually got, like, glass (? clear stuff, anyway) things with a handle specifically for use like that, I think. Also grid-like iron thingies. Very useful, honestly. Good for grilled cheese, bacon, various sorts of meat... lots of things that can benefit from a little pressure, really. The non-grid stuff (and even the grid stuff, to a lesser degree) also helps cut back on grease splatters. Would recommend for kitchen stuffsies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37453 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:00 am »

Yeah... they've actually got, like, glass (? clear stuff, anyway) things with a handle specifically for use like that, I think. Also grid-like iron thingies. Very useful, honestly. Good for grilled cheese, bacon, various sorts of meat... lots of things that can benefit from a little pressure, really. The non-grid stuff (and even the grid stuff, to a lesser degree) also helps cut back on grease splatters. Would recommend for kitchen stuffsies.

Yeah, this was meant to specifically copy stuff like that, without having to actually go out and buy one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37454 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:36 am »

Oh aye, pans and whatnot work well enough. Anything clean enough to stick on top of your food and heavy enough to compress the cookins a bit. Just saying the stuff's out there and I'd probably recommend the investment if you're pan cooking very often, heh. Especially anything transparent can simplify the process a lil'bit.

... plus those older style iron ones that basically look like ridiculous brass knuckles are kinda' awesome. Got one back home, heh.

E:
Spoiler: Kinda' like this (click to show/hide)
Cept the one I've got's a bit thicker, taller handle with a bit of an arch to it. Things have some weight to 'em~
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:09:15 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2495 2496 [2497] 2498 2499 ... 11039