Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2486 2487 [2488] 2489 2490 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14425267 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37305 on: September 12, 2013, 12:12:46 am »

To quote, verbatim, from what I had to deal with at work today. "I am the supervisor. That means that I am always right. I know more about everything here than you ever will. That is why I am in charge and you are not."

Note that I have been employed with this company for six months longer than he has.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37306 on: September 12, 2013, 12:27:14 am »

To quote, verbatim, from what I had to deal with at work today. "I am the supervisor. That means that I am always right. I know more about everything here than you ever will. That is why I am in charge and you are not."

Note that I have been employed with this company for six months longer than he has.
That reminds me:
"Well, don't let that trouble you," General Peckem continued with a careless flick of his wrist. "Just pass on the work I assign you to somebody else and trust to luck. We call that delegation and responsibility. Somewhere down near the lowest level of this coordinated organization I run are people who get the work done when it reaches them, and everything manages to run along smoothly without too much effort on my part. I suppose that's because I am a good executive.
Superior's logic.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37307 on: September 12, 2013, 03:57:39 am »

Sounds like WWI thinking: "Last human wave attack didn't work? Then we need more humans to stop the bullets!"
Yeah, I really like living today.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37309 on: September 12, 2013, 12:38:28 pm »

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/home-quantum-energy-generator

The machines get their input from the quantum field, which is estimated to have in the neighborhood of 200 Megawatts of power available in every cubic foot of space. That is an amazing level of energy density which has always been available to us, but the powers that be (or were) have historically suppressed the people and concepts that have tried to bring it into the mainstream economy.

This is not even the wtf part. The wtf part is he got people to donate over 16 grand in ten days.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37310 on: September 12, 2013, 12:49:00 pm »

The machines get their input from the quantum field, which is estimated to have in the neighborhood of 200 Megawatts of power available in every cubic foot of space. That is an amazing level of energy density which has always been available to us, but the powers that be (or were) have historically suppressed the people and concepts that have tried to bring it into the mainstream economy.

This is not even the wtf part. The wtf part is he got people to donate over 16 grand in ten days.

So uh. Perpetual motion machine, eh?

Windows 8? Shell. Sheeeeeell.

Eh. It's really not all that bad. Skype just needs to update so it DOESNT FREEZE AND RASH EVERY TEN MINUTES

And I need to get the compy a graphics card. It's got 8 gb RAM and an i5 quad but it can't play skyrim on high.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37311 on: September 12, 2013, 12:55:39 pm »

Quote from: Dictionary of Numbers
We are asking for $7610.00 [≈ Typical week-long trip for two to Hawaii] (see budget below) to build the prototype which will take 5 weeks.

This plugin keeps amazing me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37312 on: September 12, 2013, 01:02:32 pm »

So uh. Perpetual motion machine, eh?
If I read directly, it's more of some Zero point energy device. It doesn't create energy, it just draws it from some unidentified, non existing source.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37313 on: September 12, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »

Ah. I suppose we never used quantum energy generators because... no reason!

Totally not that this is bullshit!
No, we never use them because DA MAN IS TOTALLY KEEPING US DOWN, MAN.

...I think.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37314 on: September 12, 2013, 01:03:42 pm »

Why do all the comments believe him. Why.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37315 on: September 12, 2013, 01:05:18 pm »

He has his own Conspiracy cult.

Note: He is indeed a co-founder of the above organization. His wife is the other one.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:27:57 pm by 10ebbor10 »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37317 on: September 12, 2013, 01:08:12 pm »

The man can apparently hide this discovery from the entire scientific community, but he can't stop an Indiegogo campaign.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #37318 on: September 12, 2013, 01:11:44 pm »

Why do all the comments believe him. Why.

Many of them seem to have strong religious/spiritual overtones to their comments. So...faith? I guess?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #37319 on: September 12, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »

What is this I don't even...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 2486 2487 [2488] 2489 2490 ... 11039