Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2430 2431 [2432] 2433 2434 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430554 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36465 on: August 19, 2013, 12:43:28 pm »

travelling via alleys as usual and found myself kicking something which turned out to be a pendrive

took it home, was full of corrupted files other than a single .jpg of nicholas cage and then my internet connection died so i'm posting from the derelict that is wap again

fucking amazing day
There was an image on Imgur a few days ago which was about the same thing. Top comment was saying everyone should leave a flash drive with nothing but a single weird/funny image on it :P.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36466 on: August 19, 2013, 12:44:27 pm »

Hmm. I'll see if it was a onetime event, then.
... even if it isn't, it doesn't necessarily mean, well, anything. I guess for some people they have dreams that, like, correlation to current events or whatever, but... some of us don't. Which, t'me, casts sufficient questions upon the dream-interpretation as a whole to just kinda' ignore it, enjoy the pretty hallucinations, and get on with gettin' on.

Not to say it isn't fun to give things an analyze every once in a bit. Just... don't put much weight on it, I'd say. Others would disagree, most likely, heh.
Given that I've had to suppress involuntary thoughts about this person in the past for some peace of mind, I think it correlates.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36467 on: August 19, 2013, 12:46:28 pm »

travelling via alleys as usual and found myself kicking something which turned out to be a pendrive

took it home, was full of corrupted files other than a single .jpg of nicholas cage and then my internet connection died so i'm posting from the derelict that is wap again

fucking amazing day

Have you tried to restore the files on the Cagedrive? Because a mysterious alleyway harddrive could contain many secrets.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36468 on: August 19, 2013, 12:49:45 pm »

fucking amazing day

Have you tried to restore the files on the Cagedrive? Because a mysterious alleyway harddrive could contain many secrets.
You could be the Cagevakhin. 

"Not the BEES!"
*bees come flying in from everywhere and kill enemies*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36469 on: August 19, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »

i assumed that if i recovered anything it'd only be more cage-related files

also if i have an imgurian in this town it's time to pull a string or two and parade a giraffe across town to find the fucker and slap them with a banana

LET IT BE KNOWN THIS WILL HAPPEN

or not, you know giraffes are kind of rare around here and the ones that can be found have quite the busy schedule

nevertheless i will attempt to recover the files with .......................... some norton disk utility i last used when i were first installing windows xp. i trust its competencies.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36470 on: August 19, 2013, 12:54:16 pm »

Take a pic of it and I'll post it on imgur, if you want.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36471 on: August 19, 2013, 01:21:10 pm »

there's no need to for i both fixed my internet and want them to be surprised when i find them

i mean if i heard a wizard's looking for me carrying a metallic pendrive i'd sneak out of town and i don't want to have to widen my search to the entire country

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36472 on: August 19, 2013, 02:49:20 pm »

Joe is waiting for his stereotypically unpunctual common father-in-law to go from Mass to Hartford(~1.5 hours if you obey the speed limit).  In a city he left years ago in a neighborhood thar he would not walk down tge street alone at night in.  Sigh.  He pays well at least.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #36473 on: August 19, 2013, 03:26:26 pm »

fucking amazing day
Sounds like the start of a creepypasta.

"And then all of the corrupted files were .jpgs of Nicholas Cage. And then LordSlowpoke was a .jpg of Nicholas Cage."
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36474 on: August 19, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

fucking amazing day
I am fascinated as yo how this will turn out.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36475 on: August 19, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »

Bought a SATA card of Newegg so that I could hook up a second hard drive and my DVD drive at the same time. Had to remove the mounting bracket, as it was low profile (NOT mentioned in the product description), before installing it. Could not get Windows to detect it, and I encountered intermittent bluescreens the entire time.

After an hour of messing with it, I realized that I didn't even need the goddamn thing, because what I thought were 2 SATA ports were actually 4 SATA ports (2 stacked on top of 2).

I am an idiot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36476 on: August 19, 2013, 04:20:50 pm »

Bought a SATA card of Newegg so that I could hook up a second hard drive and my DVD drive at the same time. Had to remove the mounting bracket, as it was low profile (NOT mentioned in the product description), before installing it. Could not get Windows to detect it, and I encountered intermittent bluescreens the entire time.

After an hour of messing with it, I realized that I didn't even need the goddamn thing, because what I thought were 2 SATA ports were actually 4 SATA ports (2 stacked on top of 2).

I am an idiot.
Yeeea cheap sata cards are usually crap and i haven't seen a mobo with 2 sata ports since 8 years ago

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36477 on: August 19, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

The main trouble is that I'm still subconsciously expecting IDE connections (hell, it still takes me a few minutes to find PCI slots sometimes, because I'm looking for ISA), and SATA ports are so small and thin that I must have just assumed that there was only one in each stack. I feel so old.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36478 on: August 19, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »

fucking amazing day
Sounds like the start of a creepypasta.

"And then all of the corrupted files were .jpgs of Nicholas Cage. And then LordSlowpoke was a .jpg of Nicholas Cage."
It's only a matter of time before we're all .jpgs of Nicholas Cage.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #36479 on: August 19, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »

I think I might start leaving thumb drives around full of corrupted files and a single picture of Nic Cage.
Pages: 1 ... 2430 2431 [2432] 2433 2434 ... 11039