Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14472474 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32565 on: May 25, 2013, 12:49:36 am »

They do have undelete programs, you know.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32566 on: May 25, 2013, 12:52:34 am »

It's difficult to imagine one that would be less bother than going to the recycle bin, right clicking my file, and hitting restore.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32567 on: May 25, 2013, 12:54:27 am »

I'm just saying that in general to all the delete-worriers. Between the recycle bin and having an undeleter on hand, you aren't going to lose anything short of hitting your hard drive with a hammer (and even then modern hard drives are actually quite resilient).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32568 on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:47 am »

I actually have a backup system where as my recycle bin is saved to seven different servers around the globe every 22 seconds. In the event that any one server should be compromised, the other six will back the most recent instant to another remote server located 600 meters below the surface of the earth in a titanium case and then this remote server will then disconnect from the internet.

Nobody fucks with my recycle bin.  >:(

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #32569 on: May 25, 2013, 02:37:47 am »

My recycle bin regularly gets up to ~300 GB before I remember to empty it
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32570 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:01 am »

Knowing the context, this video makes me too happy.

Nobody fucks with my recycle bin.  >:(
Sorry.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32571 on: May 25, 2013, 10:20:06 am »

shift-delete is my friend.

And even then I think you can set task scheduler to empty it on a schedule.  You can do all kinds of things with task scheduler once you know how to mess with it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32572 on: May 25, 2013, 04:24:22 pm »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32573 on: May 25, 2013, 04:37:38 pm »

Pretty sure that happens everywhere.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32574 on: May 25, 2013, 04:52:24 pm »

While looking through a folder of pen scetches I made in high school, I came across some pictures of stuffed animals with curious names. There's a rabbit that I think is based on cloth cut-out sort of rabbit my mother has named "Streetfigher the 2d Bunny", as sockmonkey called "Eggbert", a stuffed bear with poseable joints called "Al Gore the Flying Bear", and another bear called "Dickfeet".

I have no idea how or why this gang of sketched stuffed toys came about.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32575 on: May 25, 2013, 04:55:14 pm »

Oi, this guy has a very similar username as me my username!
Still better than Canadian Dutchling.

I hate that guy >.>

edit: ehh. Not sure why I just responded to a post from 2010 :v

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32576 on: May 25, 2013, 05:21:18 pm »

Only in aMurrica.

That page should have the clusterfuck incident in Cleveland as its #1 example.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32577 on: May 25, 2013, 05:35:05 pm »

While looking through a folder of pen scetches I made in high school, I came across some pictures of stuffed animals with curious names. There's a rabbit that I think is based on cloth cut-out sort of rabbit my mother has named "Streetfigher the 2d Bunny", as sockmonkey called "Eggbert", a stuffed bear with poseable joints called "Al Gore the Flying Bear", and another bear called "Dickfeet".

I always suspected Al gore was a flying stuffed bear but nobody believed me, who's laughing now people WHO'S LAUGHING NOW.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32578 on: May 25, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »

I always suspected Al gore was a flying stuffed bear but nobody believed me, who's laughing now people WHO'S LAUGHING NOW.
Flying Al-bear-pig.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32579 on: May 25, 2013, 06:02:15 pm »

Oi, this guy has a very similar username as me my username!
Still better than Canadian Dutchling.
I wonder if he knows Brazilian Kadzar.

Anyway, I was looking through a story I wrote in grade school as part of a class, and apparently I had named a character "Labia". A woman, even (though fortunately she was only mentioned once in passing). The teacher had written in red ink "How do you think of the names?!" At that point I knew nothing of sex or female anatomy, I had just somehow made a random combination of letters for a name that is now quite hilarious in hindsight.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 ... 11037