Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 11003

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13653526 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #315 on: May 29, 2011, 01:53:50 am »

I just realized that maybe the stuff going on in the LCS isn't really that drastic compared to whats going on in real life...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2011, 03:38:05 pm »

My mother just had a good idea(which is why this is here). She suggested I ask what the cost of a month's pass for the bus would be, and even said she'd give me the money for it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2011, 03:43:40 pm »

My mother just had a good idea(which is why this is here). She suggested I ask what the cost of a month's pass for the bus would be, and even said she'd give me the money for it.
But will she actually do so is the question. isn't she the one that said she'd take you home from your to-be job and then didn't?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2011, 03:58:06 pm »

Exactly, else I'd have put it in the Happy thread.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »

Imagine my reaction when I learned that there was a Daikatana game for the Gameboy Color.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2011, 08:38:02 pm »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2011, 08:55:26 pm »

Imagine my reaction when I learned that there was a Daikatana game for the Gameboy Color.
wat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2011, 09:31:08 pm »

My... my brains... all over the floor...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2011, 12:47:04 am »

I got an email from what is supposedly an hr person working for a company which, by the looks of it, is essentially a fashion design company. I can't for the life of me figure out whether it's legit or not.

In the not-legit category:
The two e-mails (the 'from' and the 'reply to') are both for non-domain accounts on free email service websites (microsoft's Live and Yahoo). There is 1 break with typical syntax in the 2 sentences of the email, a lack of a space between the end of a sentence and the start of the next one. I, along with pretty much everyone else in my major (game development) are pretty much anathema to the aesthetic of such a company. My resume doesn't qualify me for much more than very light web-dev work at such a company.

In the legit category:
This is my RIT email account; an account which does not get spam or other unwanted email simply because I rarely give it out to anything; usually only to potential employers. Since the university uses a version of gmail for our mail, it would almost always detect when it is coming from a not-legit source. This late in the season, any company looking for, and unable to find, a summer intern would likely be mailing everyone in the potential intern pool; a company like that, if they were to look for programmers, would likely not find any for the simple reason that such a company is as anathema to us as we are to them.

Guess I'll be contacting whoever this is tomorrow. Heh, who knows, maybe I'll be a neckbeard working at a fashion company.  :o

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2011, 02:04:27 am »

Beggars in Oslo are now apparently packing VISA pay terminals. "Could you spare a 20 for a coffee? Just insert card here, pin and OK."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2011, 08:37:16 am »

Dwarf Fortress just opened its self without me clicking on it (or I clicked on it without thinking)...

Oooook. That's weird.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2011, 11:01:10 am »

My daughter today, out of nowhere, vocalized that she's aware that we eat animals. Furthermore, she's okay with that. Every kid I've ever known that realized that has utterly and completely freaked out. She spent about 20 minutes this morning asking me about what everyone's favorite animal was to eat. O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:57 am »

She sounds a bit of a prodigy.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2011, 11:26:04 am »

Sounds like someone was trying to gross her out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2011, 11:28:09 am »

She had a dream about chasing down and then taking a bite out of a live chicken.

different wtf: Just saw a commercial for Duke Nukem Forever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 11003