Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432383 times)

Wolfeyez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30645 on: April 19, 2013, 08:07:36 am »

Maybe he does.  8)

Anyway, he won't get accepted, being in that situation. If he leaves but starts missing them, he's a psychological liability, if he wants to leave and doesn't, he's a psychological liability.

TBH the wife and kids are the only things stopping me. :)
Same here. Well, that and the physical. ;)
Hear hear, but girlfriend instead of wife. Although, I'm pretty sure she'd come with me.
I would definitly go with you.  :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30646 on: April 19, 2013, 08:16:24 am »

Now I can't help but imagine what a Girl Scout rebellion would be be like, or what the US's disaster plan for that rebellion would entail.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30647 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:09 am »

OK... Now this just happened to me...
I am not normally one to look at things like a Sign or anything. Yah know, Mystical/Religical. But...

I had just left work, not feeling 100% due to a slight bug. As I pull out of the Carpark I take a moment to check the streets for cars then look forward, above me is a cloud that was spookily shaped like a skull, the moon itself perfectly located as an eye glowing inside one of the sockets. Thinking to myself how Ominous that look, I slowed down to a more respectable speed. I won't lie, kinda naughty speeds when going home in the middle of the night, usually 10km/p faster then legal...

As I reach the first intersection, I see some car lights coming from ahead in the next street over, and as I reach the intersection after that a 4WD normally used by the Police in our area/state (Australia NSW) comes around the corner and drives ahead of me, I took a guess at the fact it was a Police car and it turned out correct as I crossed the intersection...

So far it seems that it was the fact that there was a Police Car in the area that I was considering myself lucky, cause if I had gone at normal speeds, the cop would have seen me speed up over that second intersection. Anyway I am following the cop car and suddenly I see it hit the breaks in front of me and pull over, I am thinking to myself, what could I have done cause there was no one else on the road. Wrong, just in front of the cop car and the reason he pulled over there was a Woman on a Pushbike, no helmet or safetylights/vest on riding in the middle of the road. Pretty much invisible in the dark. If the Cop car wasn't there, I might not have even seen her till too late as well if I was going at my normal speeds too...

But it was just before that happened that the Moon itself, still in the Cloud Skull's socket had be revealed completely due to some freaky wind that only moved the cloud in front of it that it showed its full shape, where before it look like a Crescent lying down it was now a half crescent as if the eye had fully opened...

And finally on arriving home only mere minutes later I looked up at the sky to where the Skull and Moon was... AND THE SKULL WAS COMPLETELY GONE...

Kinda Creepy I think...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:31:01 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30648 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:31 am »

The slightly creepy thing is that just yesterday I was reading a WH40k book and during the birth of a daemon, a skull-shaped cloud formed.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30649 on: April 19, 2013, 09:28:45 am »

The woman was a daemonhost, you fool! You were supposed to stop it from materializing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30650 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:15 am »

*sigh* I'll get the Inquisiton to exteriminatus the hell out of Earth, then. Anyone want to hitchhike with me on an intergalactic ship?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30651 on: April 19, 2013, 10:00:10 am »

Honestly, if it's the cyclonic missiles or hitching a ride on an imperium ship, the fiery apocalyptic death would probably be cleaner and less painful. Might live longer, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30652 on: April 19, 2013, 10:22:20 am »

At least they aren't Vogons.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30653 on: April 19, 2013, 10:26:19 am »

So, I noticed something interesting. I haven't read the HHGttG, but I've seen the movie. In the movie, when Arthur and Ford are captured by the Vogons, they are subjected to a poetry reading. It almost seems like... The Vogons KNOW how bloody awful their poetry is, and are merely fucking with the two of them, trying to make them say something nice about it, so they can then punish them more for lying about it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30654 on: April 19, 2013, 10:31:21 am »

So, I noticed something interesting. I haven't read the HHGttG, but I've seen the movie. In the movie, when Arthur and Ford are captured by the Vogons, they are subjected to a poetry reading. It almost seems like... The Vogons KNOW how bloody awful their poetry is, and are merely fucking with the two of them, trying to make them say something nice about it, so they can then punish them more for lying about it.
Kinda the opposite, actually. They know that their poetry is bad, but the book states that Ford "simply had never thought of" lying before. Arthur Dent seems to have been the first person to try, considering that every other depiction of their poetry seems to cause people to die of internal bleeding.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30655 on: April 19, 2013, 02:04:25 pm »

I found the removable headpiece to my screwdriver. I thouht I lost it during a bout of psychotic rage(and losing it did not help). Somehow, it was on top of the blankets I slept in last night.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30656 on: April 19, 2013, 03:01:15 pm »

Wait a minute...

What is the term of a creature who's body regulates itself to be colder.

I like to call it Freeze Blooded.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30657 on: April 19, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »

... Ectothermic.

Or cold-blooded.

Wait, no. If the body regulates it, it's endothermic, or warm blooded.

Your silly "Freeze Blooded" threw me off. >:C
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30658 on: April 19, 2013, 04:17:38 pm »

Definitely warm-blooded. Humans' bodies keep it around 98.7°F/36°C, whether it's colder or hotter outside.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30659 on: April 19, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »

Wait a minute...

What is the term of a creature who's body regulates itself to be colder.

I like to call it Freeze Blooded.
Most animals do that AFAIK.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 11039