Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442674 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30525 on: April 15, 2013, 03:38:15 pm »

Why is everyone always so anal about the Solicat?

Maybe I'm just a little behind, and I don't mean to be a bum here, but I wasn't really reared that way. It's always been a mystery to me... a veritable Riddle of The Sphynxter.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30526 on: April 15, 2013, 03:38:56 pm »

Why is everyone always so anal about the Solicat?

Don't mean to be a bum here, but I wasn't really reared that way. Maybe I'm just a little behind, butt still, it's always been a mystery to me. A veritable Riddle of The Sphynxter.

Dont be an asshole. :P
This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30527 on: April 15, 2013, 04:42:41 pm »

The morning supervisor has taken to calling me her "best friend". Usually before giving me a task she thinks I probably hate but actually gives me a break from the monotony of dishwashing(which I also don't hate). And she still talks to me like a child, despite me probably being older than her(definitely within a range of 3 years in either direction).

Also, was getting a crappy wireless reception since last night. Changing one particular setting at random on my wireless device's driver settings suddenly fixes it.

Augh... Copyright, you continue to piss me off!
Copyright != Patents. Both are pretty stupid, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30529 on: April 15, 2013, 09:53:44 pm »

"I didn't know someone could exist with such bitchen magical power!"

How the heck can they mistranslate, misspell and miswrite this bad. God damn, Legend of Dragoon needs a better-translated remake.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30530 on: April 15, 2013, 09:57:31 pm »

"It's rough, ruff."

Oh jeez I forgot how many times he said that. The translators finally found something clever and decided to repeat it ad nauseum.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30531 on: April 15, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »

LoD was released around the same time as Final Fantasy 9, IIRC. Still an excellent game that I really should go back and play.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30532 on: April 15, 2013, 10:20:19 pm »

I think I'm like, the only person in the world who did not like Legend of Dragoon.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30533 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »

Nope. I thought it was... alright. Not bad, but not something I really enjoyed. Felt it was kinda' weak, especially on the gameplay. Ended up cheating my way through about the second half the game because I was damned tired of playing. Fairly sure I finished, but I vaguely recall powering my way through all four discs in under 24 hours :-\

Years later, I couldn't even manage to drag myself through a screenshot LP of it. Ah well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30534 on: April 16, 2013, 12:14:47 am »

Played LCS for the first time in a long time today. My up-and-coming combat squad got all but wiped out, so I sent in my leader to try and spring him from the courthouse. Didn't work; he got captured and lost the use of his legs. I sent everyone else I had to try and rescue him; they all died, though they reaped a bloody harvest.

Game skipped forward to when my leader was let out of jail. I figured that the situation was unsalvageable (like in so many other attempts) and prepared to send him on a suicide mission, as a sort of last curse at the conservative scum who finally won...

And then I noticed something strange: When I went to jail, just about everything was conservative or worse. When I got out, the president was Elite Liberal. As was a good portion of congress. The supreme court was evenly split between conservative and liberal. The population was liberal or moderate on almost every issue except pollution (Arch-Conservative) and Nuclear Power (Conservative). Hell, homosexual rights were at 100%!

How this bizarre turnabout happened I have no idea, but I've begun recruiting a new, better LCS. This fight isn't over yet!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30535 on: April 16, 2013, 12:20:24 am »

Most likely a result of the CCS accidentally ruining the reputation of conservatism while you were imprisoned.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30536 on: April 16, 2013, 12:23:51 am »

But they weren't active when I went to jail  ???

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30537 on: April 16, 2013, 12:26:33 am »

You don't have to be free for them to become active. Are they active now?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30538 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:55 am »

I...don't think so. No sign of them in the opinion polls.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30539 on: April 16, 2013, 12:34:47 am »

Then I have no idea. That shouldn't be happening, public opinion always trends conservative in LCS.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 ... 11040