Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1986 1987 [1988] 1989 1990 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437767 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #29805 on: March 31, 2013, 03:33:57 am »

So, uh. What's the series, FD?

A train wreck series that intentionally and constantly sabatages the relationships so it can go as long as possible? It could be anything!

Great, now you made me realize how ubiquitous and painful this type of writing is.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29806 on: March 31, 2013, 03:34:16 am »

Might as well be anything when you watch as much TV/anime/etc. as I do. Note: Very, very little. I sticks to manga (still not much) and fanfiction, mostly.

Yeah and fanfiction tends to skip a lot of this thing such as "emotional pretense" and skips right to the relationship always existing. So it is pretty outside the element.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29807 on: March 31, 2013, 03:37:25 am »

Hahaha, nah, a fair amount of the good stuff wrings out UST and relationship trainwrecks just as hard as more calcified media. It can be fun reading :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29808 on: March 31, 2013, 04:04:53 am »

Went to sleep at midnight.

Fell asleep at 3am.

Those three hours I was kept awake by my mind vividly imagining Star Trek RTD in late 'Kirk' era (2290's) and various modifiers, scenarios and such.

I was trying to go asleep and try to forget all that back in the night... and now, when I want to try to remember, I don't. WTF brain, why you're such jerk.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29809 on: March 31, 2013, 04:23:36 am »

A train wreck series that intentionally and constantly sabatages the relationships so it can go as long as possible? It could be anything!

Great, now you made me realize how ubiquitous and painful this type of writing is.

The thing i hate even more, is something that happened in an anime I watched: they had a meaningful and conclusive series finale, that felt at least a little satisfying after watching a "so-so" show. Then a "surprise twist" after the final credits, that springs everything back to the Status Quo (in the very unlikely chance they get a second season). Oh, joy! I wish I'd turned it off when the credits rolled, now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29810 on: March 31, 2013, 12:49:21 pm »

The thing i hate even more, is something that happened in an anime I watched: they had a meaningful and conclusive series finale, that felt at least a little satisfying after watching a "so-so" show. Then a "surprise twist" after the final credits, that springs everything back to the Status Quo (in the very unlikely chance they get a second season). Oh, joy! I wish I'd turned it off when the credits rolled, now.

It's Aquarion Evol, for those of you who are morbidly curious. I just finished the episode where stripping out of their flightsuits allows the pilots to have enhanced situational awareness. While piloting a mecha. Yeah. But the nice thing is that it recognizes how absurd it is. Not to the point of being outright parody, but sort of hovering on that dividing line where you can tell it's poking fun, but it's still played seriously enough for the plot to not unravel into an endless series of gags. Sort of admirable, in a strange way.

Oh, and every animal is referred to as a cat.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:26:31 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29811 on: March 31, 2013, 12:53:13 pm »

GRAH, CURSES.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:54:53 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29812 on: March 31, 2013, 02:00:37 pm »

The North Koreans. But they make me exclaim "WTF mate?" every day.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29813 on: March 31, 2013, 03:03:08 pm »

Is it just me, or has double posts suddenly become a lot more common?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29814 on: March 31, 2013, 03:04:34 pm »

I believe they have. They're a product of people refreshing repeatedly after getting 504'd while posting, or at least that's how it happens to me.

3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29815 on: March 31, 2013, 03:06:07 pm »

For some reason I double post almost daily on every forum exept this one.  I have yet to double post here. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #29816 on: April 01, 2013, 12:33:13 am »

According to a random list on the Internet, a good nickname for your boyfriend is ” Uncle Upright.”  ???

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29817 on: April 01, 2013, 12:36:11 am »

Feels great to spread pessimism and negativity wherever I go. Even when that isn't what I am trying to do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29818 on: April 01, 2013, 12:49:00 am »

According to a random list on the Internet, a good nickname for your boyfriend is ” Uncle Upright.”  ???
That sounds like a sex nickname.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29819 on: April 01, 2013, 12:49:54 am »

That sounds like a sex nickname.
Which speaks very poorly of the listmaker's familial relations.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 1986 1987 [1988] 1989 1990 ... 11040