Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1983 1984 [1985] 1986 1987 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431858 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #29760 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:57 am »

Ain't that simple. Antidepressants work differently for everyone.

For me, all they did was (slightly) mellow me out and completely sap my libido.
No they don't. There are a recognized set of common functions and malfunctions for most antidepressants. In this case, they are clearly working as intended but have reached the Too Much threshold.

The antidepressant you used probably was not the correct one for you if that was its effect. Unless you didn't have depression and were using it recreationally, which is just a bad idea in general.
Common, but not universal. I didn't mean to imply that the effects are random, just that like all psychoactive drugs, you can't say for certain it'll do any particular thing until you take it.

I admittedly wasn't clear, but they did help me slightly; the very bottom of my lowest lows was smoothed out. And the reduced libido thing is a common side effect (malfunction, if you prefer) right on the bottle. What brought me out of depression was other things, such as friends/family, and I still get some small recessions into it from time to time.

As a side note, I'm not sure anyone was intending to imply this, but the vibe I got from a couple posts seemed to read "if the pills didn't work right, then you might not have depression at all" which is a train of logic fit for the rage thread. Pills plain do not work for everyone. So don't use them as a test like that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29761 on: March 30, 2013, 09:35:49 am »

A mate of mine has apparently been trying to self medicate his depression with Diazepam.  I'm gonna have to have Words with him :-\
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29762 on: March 30, 2013, 09:56:11 am »

Prozac actually increased my libido. That's a frightening thought.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29763 on: March 30, 2013, 10:15:07 am »

... noticed today that wall sockets look kinda' horrified. S'actually a little offputting.

They should make smiling ones the default or... something. All it'd take would be swapping which side the flat end is on the bottom hole... thing.

Anyone know if ink is dangerous to put on the covering of an electrical socket? Tempting to make them happy instead of of "Oh god wat".

If they looked friendly, wouldn't that entice little kids to play with them? Considering how babies are pre-wired to react to faces, it's not really a great idea.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29764 on: March 30, 2013, 10:16:53 am »

Babies are pre-wired to investigate everything by putting it in thier mouth. I see no news reports of babies electrocuted via licking plug sockets.
This is a blank sig.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29765 on: March 30, 2013, 10:23:53 am »

Babies are pre-wired to investigate everything by putting it in thier mouth. I see no news reports of babies electrocuted via licking plug sockets.

There's a reason for that.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #29766 on: March 30, 2013, 10:57:46 am »

Anyone know if ink is dangerous to put on the covering of an electrical socket? Tempting to make them happy instead of of "Oh god wat".

Using a sharpie on a plugin is perfectly okay. A friend of mine has all of this plugs sharpied with very mad looking faces so their kiddo is slightly less likely to try and play with it. He grew up with the plugs sharpied/painted/somethingorother and he survived to adulthood :D
I guess you could give them happy faces, make them look surprised maybe?
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29767 on: March 30, 2013, 01:14:46 pm »

Prozac actually increased my libido. That's a frightening thought.

I cannot make any comments about my medication's effect on my libido. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29768 on: March 30, 2013, 01:26:39 pm »

Using a sharpie on a plugin is perfectly okay. A friend of mine has all of this plugs sharpied with very mad looking faces so their kiddo is slightly less likely to try and play with it. He grew up with the plugs sharpied/painted/somethingorother and he survived to adulthood :D
I guess you could give them happy faces, make them look surprised maybe?

Can you imagine someone else moving into your house? All those faces in the wall, staring them down. Watching them.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29769 on: March 30, 2013, 01:57:00 pm »

Can you imagine someone else moving into your house? All those faces in the wall, staring them down. Watching them.

I'd use a glow-in-the-dark sharpie for extra effect.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #29770 on: March 30, 2013, 02:20:53 pm »

Or blood.

Glow in the dark blood.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29771 on: March 30, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »

Glow in the dark blood.
Kinda hard to find, unless your neighbours are predators.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29772 on: March 30, 2013, 03:30:27 pm »

DF is making me WTF.  Maybe it's because I haven't played in a couple months, but known safe minecart track designs are not only failing but have extremely high fatality rates, from sections previously known to be safe. Ambushes are happening much sooner than I remember them happening, and military orders just plain don't seem to be working.  (I said station here, not charge into the goblin horde you can't even see yet, AND WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR EQUIPMENT!?)

End by tantrum spiral, spring of year 2.   ...I'm supposed to be better than this.  WTF brain.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29773 on: March 30, 2013, 03:31:39 pm »

(And I can't even post without it somehow getting duplicated)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:34:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29774 on: March 30, 2013, 03:34:43 pm »

Meeting appointed client at fast food place near their home, because evidently coming to my office hasn't worked. This is either appointment # 3 or #4 ... and they've all been no shows including, it appears, this one.... I don't know what people expect me to do for them if they refuse to talk with me.... I'm flat out asking them if they wanna go to jail, because that's how they are acting and where they are headed if I have 0 communication/and as a direct result  0 ability to prepare a defense....  Most lawyers won't consider bothering spending part of their Saturday night meeting with somebody to work around their schedule.... It is extra special when you get repeatedly stood up for your troubles....

If they think they are gonna try and pawn it off on me, I'm pretty sure the inch thick file and roughly four no show appointments and numerous phone calls are going to result in any complaints against me landing in the bar association's trash bin after they read it....

I don't get it. If I got in trouble with the police and got given a free lawyer who actually gave a damn, I'd be all over that, or at the very least, I'd talk to him or her.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 1983 1984 [1985] 1986 1987 ... 11039