Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1947 1948 [1949] 1950 1951 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457326 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #29220 on: March 19, 2013, 06:51:56 am »

I quite like KoTH; it's humor basically derives from real - life situations.

This puts a rather harsh cap on what the scriptwriters can do, but imo it's done very well. You do need to be in the mood for it though. If you're looking for a rambunctuous, hard - hitting lollocoaster it's definitely not that.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29221 on: March 19, 2013, 07:52:15 am »

It isn't hate worthy, it is just boring... It tries so hard to do that sort of awkward humor and just sort of doesn't do anything. It really does just amount to a few guys standing around drinking.
KotH can be brutally funny at times. I think it's one of those "you have to have lived there (or somewhere like there)" to fully appreciate the humor.

Just like Talladega Nights -- funny film to most people. Absolutely sublime comedy if you grew up in rural North Carolina, steeped in NACSAR culture.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29222 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:41 am »

Holy crap, there's snow everywhere, tons of snow. Yesterday, I could see some patches of grass (dead yellow grass), and today, I'm buried under snow. What the fuck, I thought winter was nearly finished.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29223 on: March 19, 2013, 08:59:36 am »

You lucky bastards.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29224 on: March 19, 2013, 09:24:41 am »

@ everyone

At least it's not reality TV.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29225 on: March 19, 2013, 09:32:09 am »

Belgium seems to have pretty good comedy shows of it own, all we really get for suplement is the simpsons and south park, and not even that often.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29226 on: March 19, 2013, 10:30:26 am »

Note: I despise everything about that show

Which one?  King of the Hill or Adventure Time?
King of the Hill. I don't know enough about Adventure Time to do much of anything but be vaguely annoyed when my friends bring it up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29227 on: March 19, 2013, 10:44:52 am »

King of the Hill. I don't know enough about Adventure Time to do much of anything but be vaguely annoyed when my friends bring it up.
That's only because you've never met real-life Boomhauers. Character comedies are so much better when you actually recognize those characters in your monkeysphere.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29228 on: March 19, 2013, 10:50:43 am »

That's only because you've never met real-life Boomhauers. Character comedies are so much better when you actually recognize those characters in your monkeysphere.
That's the thing. I'm related to some of those people. They do nothing but piss me off, and I'd rather not be reminded that I'm related to them. My father is an amateur racecar mechanic, for fuck's sake.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29229 on: March 19, 2013, 10:58:21 am »

One of my new coworkers is a female Boomhauer.  Incredibly hickish manner of speaking and vocabulary completely devoid of anything the least bit technical sounding, usually to be replaced with words like "doohicky".  Her first day, she kept asking what the country code for Tokyo is, and we had to explain to her 3 separate times that Tokyo is not a country... and once again the next day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29230 on: March 19, 2013, 11:12:12 am »

One of my new coworkers is a female Boomhauer.  Incredibly hickish manner of speaking and vocabulary completely devoid of anything the least bit technical sounding, usually to be replaced with words like "doohicky".  Her first day, she kept asking what the country code for Tokyo is, and we had to explain to her 3 separate times that Tokyo is not a country... and once again the next day.
That's not a Boomhauer, that's a Bill. Boomhauer is actually subtly intelligent, it's just the speech pattern....I KNOW people that sound like that. Eastern North Carolina has a certain flatlander accent that is damn near incomprehensible and would seem to consist of high-speed mumbling while gargling marbles.

And we all know a Dale (i.e. dumbass conspiracy nut).

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29231 on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:10 am »

CAPTCHA just Rickrolled me...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:18:05 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29232 on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:43 am »

That's the most amazing thing ever. Day made.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29233 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:47 am »

An in-between, then.  Because she has the speech pattern.  It's not usually quite as fast and incomprehensible, but when she gets flustered, it's really close.  I can't say I've met a straight Boomhauer before.  I've met plenty of people who were 60-70% of the way there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29234 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:58 am »

The Rick Roll... It disappeared? What sorcery is this?!
Pages: 1 ... 1947 1948 [1949] 1950 1951 ... 11040