Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1903 1904 [1905] 1906 1907 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440717 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28560 on: March 08, 2013, 01:25:18 am »

I actually have seen complaints about the inclusion of gay relationships in video games (from EA or otherwise). Of course, those complaints mainly came from far right-wing sources, but...
Except EA used this as a justification as to why people thought their game was bad. Instead of admitting that their games have clear flaws, they just call gamers sexist and entitled.
Oh, I'm not excusing EA. I was kinda responding to one of the comments in the linked YouTube video. I probably should have quoted it :P

Quote from: Jigwally
Out of all the criticism I regularly see of EA, not once have I seen a single comment complaining about the inclusion of gay people in games. There are just so many legitimate reasons to despise EA, so of course they keep falling back on smokescreens like this.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28561 on: March 08, 2013, 03:09:05 am »

Guys, EA is hosting an entire LGBT event.  My god.  Imagine if they put this much effort into their games, they might have things like good writing and servers that worked.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28562 on: March 08, 2013, 03:15:51 am »

An event exclusive to homosexuals?
First they try to ship all gays off to their own planet in a game, now they are trying to keep them away from regular conventions with this cheap mockery! Is there no end to their homophobia?!? They might as well make a game about rounding up gays and locking them in tiny cages with not enough newspapers! Blasted EA, all your acts are evil and shall be viewed through such a lens from henceforth!

/blatant parody

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28563 on: March 08, 2013, 04:17:07 am »

Quote from: englishhacksaw
Absolutely wondrous EA!
Now how about you fashion a steel rod with a length equal to the number of careers you've ruined from the gutting of studios you've bought out in centimetres and then shove it up your fabulously tolerant arse.
Golden.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28564 on: March 08, 2013, 05:45:57 am »

Spoiler: hehehe (click to show/hide)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28565 on: March 08, 2013, 05:47:31 am »

Oh god, I can't stop looking... He is just... He is Incrediboy! That is awesome!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #28566 on: March 08, 2013, 06:26:08 am »

So I had this dream last night, where I was, to my surprise, being held hostage in a Mormon church and about to be fed to a shoggoth-like bird-demon. I inexplicably managed to escape (dream logic!), only to witness armed forces rounding up random people on the street, arresting and shooting them. I again managed to make my way out of the situation with a bunch of fellow, clueless people, wandering aimlessly through the streets and hiding from the death patrols. Just when I realized that I was, in fact, in my Hometown, I lost them and made my way alone into the woods (my hometown is 90% woods). Confident that I saved my sorry ass from the fundamental Christian murder squad I stumbled upon a ragtag group of armed misfits, apparently equipped for the zombie apocalypse, being led by a bearlike guy, wearing a prominent, red mask that covered half his face, framing his shiny beard of glory. They took me as one of their own and provided me with food and shelter. That's when the dream ended.

While it was definitely a nightmare, I'm very anxious to continuing this dream tonight. These are the dreams I'm having when I'm actually sober, so no use blaming drugs on them (to be honest, the damage is already done). Maybe I just consumed too much Metal, Lovecraft and gory Zombie fiction. But who am I kidding?

It's healthy to express your anger and you can thank me later for doing so on here instead of, as I originally intended, by punching someone's fucking bleached teeth in. It's all fun and games until the quiet guy loses it.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #28567 on: March 08, 2013, 06:57:51 am »

It's usually the quiet ones. One of them snapped in my school and broke someone's kneecaps with a hockey stick.

The bastard did deserve it. :P

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28568 on: March 08, 2013, 07:01:25 am »

ChristianWire led me to this- http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/protecting-our-children
Please, please let this be a person trolling.
While computers are wonderful tools and there are educational games, these games represent only 1% of all those available. 90% of computer games can be classified as VERY dangerous.
The remaining 9% are literally deadly weapons.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28569 on: March 08, 2013, 07:05:38 am »

"Monopoly", "Snakes and Ladders", "Checkers", ("Draughts" in the UK) and "Chess" are classic examples of games which promote positive interaction.
I call bullshit. This guy has clearly never played a game of monopoly. It always goes for about two hours too long, gets boring for everybody but the two people who go bankrupt very, very quickly, and then gets boring for those two people soon after, and ends in squabbling about where that extra money came from. Monopoly is a family slayer!

Chess is good though. Strong approval of chess.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28570 on: March 08, 2013, 07:16:35 am »

I discovered tonight that "ask xkcd" is one hell of a tongue twister.  Try it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #28571 on: March 08, 2013, 07:25:39 am »

It's usually the quiet ones. One of them snapped in my school and broke someone's kneecaps with a hockey stick.

The bastard did deserve it. :P

Ironically, I got my knee cap kicked out in school a long time ago and still feel like I didn't deserve it. While I'm most certainly aggressive, I'd never lay hand on a fellow human being. I compensate by letting dwarves slaughter goblins in horrible ways.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28572 on: March 08, 2013, 07:41:25 am »

Chess is good though. Strong approval of chess.
Chess is one of the most violent games in existence and a known tool for some of the most dangerous people our world has ever seen >_>

... though I don't disagree. Chess is pretty alright.

Though I just realized, having recalled skimming over that page a few hours ago, that they promote snakes and ladders in the same body of text they condemn anything including snakes as tools of the devil. Neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28573 on: March 08, 2013, 07:49:37 am »

Waaait, a bible thumper contradicting them self? Well now I don't know what to think...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28574 on: March 08, 2013, 09:14:58 am »

Waaait, a bible thumper contradicting them self? Well now I don't know what to think...
And I was starting to think he was different...  :P
Pages: 1 ... 1903 1904 [1905] 1906 1907 ... 11040