Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 11004

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13661934 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #285 on: May 26, 2011, 12:49:54 am »

Netflix puts Fullmetal Alchemist in the Feel-good section. Feel good? That series almost made me cry at one point.
Was it right next to The Brave Little Toaster?
Am I the only one who never saw that movie as a kid? Hell, I still haven't seen it.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2011, 01:10:20 am »

Crazy time getting to sleep last night. Every time I got close to sleep I suddenly heard a weird ringing sound, my head would start hurting and I had to struggle a bit to wake up again. It happened over five times in a row. I've had my subconscious get really weird when near sleep before, but I've never experienced anything like it.

Have you tried wearing a hat made out of foil? It sounds like somebody is aiming some kind of mind-control ray at your head.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2011, 01:24:17 am »

Netflix puts Fullmetal Alchemist in the Feel-good section. Feel good? That series almost made me cry at one point.
Am I the only one who never saw that movie as a kid? Hell, I still haven't seen it.
Nope, you're not the only one who hasn't seen it.

What's TBLT like?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2011, 02:02:18 am »

I never even heard of it before TvTropes.
Anyway, my local paper reported that SCIENCE has discovered a new species of leech, tyranobdella rex.  Epic name, right?  Apparently they discovered it chilling in some girls nostrils.
There were pictures.  One was of a leech feasting on... something, which I took a second to look at and it was some guys eye!  The other one was a nice close up, apparently with the teeth retracted, and my response was somewhere between "wtf?" and "Ia!  Ia!".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2011, 02:51:12 am »

It was on tv a lot when I was a kid.  TVTropes reminded me of it recently.  Kinda thinking about tracking down a copy and watching it again.  It's one of those movies that really gets you thinking when you look back on it as an adult.

What's TBLT like?

If you haven't looked it up already, it's an adventure story about a bunch of old appliances that think they're getting left behind when their owner moves to a new home.  So they go on an adventure to track him down... an adventure full of nightmare fuel.  It's probably the only work of fiction which includes a vacuum cleaner attempting suicide, and it's a children's film marketed by Disney.  The project also involved a lot of the founders of Pixar.  It's one of those kids movies that's full of stuff you don't fully understand until you're an adult, and it's also full of interesting cultural artifacts, especially from one of the characters who is a small radio.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2011, 03:46:28 am »

So my dad who is pretty much completely anti american (for no real reason i think, he just likes hating them) suddenly suggests that i could go to uni in the US, now he did meet some americans trough the FIRST team that we have going here (heck the girl that started it is from Michigan) but i think they didn't exactly convince him to change his mind, only reinforced his opinion of all americans being stupid ignorant people who know nothing about nothing :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2011, 03:58:07 am »

I never even heard of it before TvTropes.
Anyway, my local paper reported that SCIENCE has discovered a new species of leech, tyranobdella rex.  Epic name, right?  Apparently they discovered it chilling in some girls nostrils.

Holy crap I just looked this up and WTF? Nose leeches!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2011, 02:40:54 pm »

QWOP. I beat it. What a sadistic timewaster.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcIiwmclfvw

When I first started watching this I half expected it to be full of Soviet propaganda due to the language and the production date. Suprisingly it wasn't.

For me, it wasn't even a WTF, so much as a mix between awe and d'aww...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »

Nope, you're not the only one who hasn't seen it.

What's TBLT like?
Depends on who you are and how old you are. Now, I find it hilarious and mildly tragic. As a kid, it scared the hell out of me. Not because of the vacuum cleaner committing suicide or any of that, but because there was a toaster that could frickin' TALK.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »

I only vaguely remember seeing it as a kid, in a time before I could really understand what was going on.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2011, 11:47:48 pm »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2011, 07:38:35 am »

Got woken up via a kick in the face at 3am. Guess my ninja-senses didn't detect my toddler as a threat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 11004