Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457953 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28230 on: March 04, 2013, 10:10:43 pm »

The issue with cyber-bullying is that it follows you. With the regular  sort, one is safe at home or when otherwise  physically removed. With the electronic  sort, you can be subjected to an unending campaign, including fake profiles and other  dodges.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28231 on: March 04, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »

Well, you're safe offline :)

Joking aside, the endless trolling would seem rather grating though...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28232 on: March 04, 2013, 10:15:42 pm »

The problem is less the endless trolling and threats and more who the trolling and threats are coming from. If some asshole steals your lunch money every day and then creates fake accounts to harass you at home...well, that can start feeling really bad really fast.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28233 on: March 04, 2013, 10:40:56 pm »

I suppose it would be rather bad for someone who grew up in the sort of culture where social networking is a way of life rather than a diversion. Personally I would rather have had people harassing me online than sending me home with bruises and cuts, and the frustration of seeing them get away with it day after day, only for me to be punished whenever I retaliated. It's a bit unhealthy to e-ignore everyone you know that isn't a supportive friend, but there's no little red X in the top right corner of being punched in the gut.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28234 on: March 04, 2013, 11:01:14 pm »

I suppose it would be rather bad for someone who grew up in the sort of culture where social networking is a way of life rather than a diversion. Personally I would rather have had people harassing me online than sending me home with bruises and cuts, and the frustration of seeing them get away with it day after day, only for me to be punished whenever I retaliated. It's a bit unhealthy to e-ignore everyone you know that isn't a supportive friend, but there's no little red X in the top right corner of being punched in the gut.
It is becoming a way of life for a very large part of the population.

Information can be more difficult to remove than a person. Once it gets on the internet, does anything truly die anymore?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28235 on: March 04, 2013, 11:03:09 pm »

I keep getting phone calls from... 14. That's the phone number. 14.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28236 on: March 04, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »

I used to be called by Zero with regularity.

The phone number was literally just 0. No other ID was obtained.

I answered it once and I only heard breathing on the other end. Some nice people from some SCP place (Skeptics of Conspiracy and Paranormal or something?) came over though and it hasn't called back.
Now I feel sleepy.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #28237 on: March 04, 2013, 11:34:00 pm »

So, running some Bugtesting on MWDF, Kobold camp. This may be of particular intrest to you, Putnam.

Viper caste Kobolds have a poisonous bite. Instead of that occuring, though, people they bite explode. Completely vaporized in four phases. They melt, combust, and are gone in a flash. I've managed to ge a few corpses that didn't combust, mostly being humans I controlled myself, but if the corpse was disturbed, it vaporized. This melted the hand of the human carrying it, but didn't set him on fire.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28238 on: March 04, 2013, 11:36:47 pm »

I give up.  I'm trying to study and my cat's in heat.  Won't shut up.  In fact, being a guy, when I say, 'SHUT UP, Rat!' her arse goes up and she mewls even louder. . .maybe my prof will understand.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28239 on: March 04, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »

Maybe you shouldn't yell at her. It seems to be getting her even more riled up. Maybe you should give her an impromptu cold shower.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28240 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:20 pm »

It is becoming a way of life for a very large part of the population.

Information can be more difficult to remove than a person. Once it gets on the internet, does anything truly die anymore?
It is, I'll grant that much. Though frankly I think that this is one more issue with the sort of information overload that this sort of social media generates. The heart of the issue seems to be that there is relatively little that can be done in these circumstances, barring what I would term (in most cases) excessively vigorous pursuit of libel suits in applicable cases. The typical aegis of the school system doesn't extend to online interactions, and there isn't a terribly large selection of options for dealing with that sort of cruelty.

I'll admit that I'm not the best person to give advice about bullying, in no small part because it (and my response to it, and my disgust with the bullshit that supposed "expert" child behaviorists liked to shovel) has distorted my emotional condition and attitudes toward it quite a bit. Neither recommending that a child suck it up and ignore the prick or start an extended campaign of humiliation against them is very good advice. If we're honest, it's not difficult to admit that bullying won't stop. It's not "right" by any definition I'd care to accept, but it is normal. What needs to be altered or removed from the picture is the environment provided by modern social networking, and that's largely a matter of social norms, which are difficult at best to actively change.

14... 14 is two times 7. 7 CE was the year of the Consulship of Metellus and Nerva. Taking the second of the pair, Nerva was Emperor from 96 to 98 CE. His reign was brief and rocky, and the Praetorian Guard forced him to adopt Trajan, who would succeed him. Nerva was considered to be wise and moderate, and the peaceful transition of power after his death founded the Nerva-Antonine Dynasty. The Nerva-Antonine Dynasty consisted of seven Emperors who ruled from 96 to 192 CE, or 96 years. 96 divided by 7 is (roughly) 6.857142857.

Call the number (685) 714-2857 and you will be answered by the modern Praetorian Freemasons, who wish to force your adoption to the current Roman Emperor, Charles Barkley of Luxembourg.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28241 on: March 04, 2013, 11:49:15 pm »

Maybe you shouldn't yell at her. It seems to be getting her even more riled up. Maybe you should give her an impromptu cold shower.

Yup.  Yelling doesn't help.  A cold shower?  Rat'd rip my arms off for trying.  I taught her to play rough, and a bath usually implys 2 towels and me in a long sleeved shirt.

A tummy rub against the grain was in order.  Problem is she'd have me do it for days. . .
PKs DF Mod!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28242 on: March 05, 2013, 12:05:53 am »

Charles Barkley of Luxembourg.
Oh shit.

Them again.

Shit guys we gotta get out of here if Luxembourg shows up who knows what they'll do but it'll be crazy.

Luxembourg is OP. God plz nerf.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28243 on: March 05, 2013, 12:27:16 am »

I used to be called by Zero with regularity.

The phone number was literally just 0. No other ID was obtained.

I answered it once and I only heard breathing on the other end. Some nice people from some SCP place (Skeptics of Conspiracy and Paranormal or something?) came over though and it hasn't called back.
Now I feel sleepy.
I guess it depends on phone and on your company, but that's most probably an auto call. I used to have a lot until a friend told me that it would call itself if I pushed twice in a row the sound button (most stupid combination ever).
You literally call yourself  ;) and the breathing you hear is probably yours.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28244 on: March 05, 2013, 12:46:30 am »

the breathing you hear is probably yours.
Can you take out a restraining order on yourself? Does this have any precedent? What if you have multiple personalities?
Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 ... 11040