Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468779 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2805 on: November 25, 2011, 03:37:38 pm »

Nah, no one actually shops on black friday.

There are too many people.
Wha.. who... Whozawhat?

*brain asplod*
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: November 25, 2011, 03:39:03 pm »

Wha.. who... Whozawhat?

*brain asplod*
I think we're gonna need a new Timmy!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2807 on: November 25, 2011, 03:41:56 pm »

WTF: People do that Black Friday shit? Online sales are that cheap or cheaper year round.
Yeah, but Newegg doesn't have a "Punch Pregnant Woman in the Face" option.

Nothing says love like assaulting people you don't know to buy people things they don't need.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: November 25, 2011, 06:46:56 pm »

I don't even know what a black Friday is (wait, was that one of those economic crisis's?).
Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving (with a bit of spillover into late Thanksgiving day) in which Americans, sick of their inlaws, flee en masse under the guise of shopping and vent their frustrations by staging public boxing tournaments with toaster ovens and childrens' toys offered up as prizes for the winners.

As for economic history, "Black Friday" seems to be the term for the crash of 1869 caused in large part by gold speculators.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: November 25, 2011, 06:50:04 pm »

What I heard about the name is that economic charts show loss in red and profit in black. Thus, "Black Friday" means that everyone's profit chart goes black.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: November 25, 2011, 08:30:50 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 25, 2011, 09:10:05 pm »

Yea I think Black Friday is just a big designated holiday for stores to offer the biggest sales of the year in the states.  (I also think everything is sales tax free, but I may be thinking of another day)

Anyway, it pretty much just becomes a day where we get to watch psycos go crazy on other psycos because they want a Tickle me Elmo doll.  Assault is commonplace 2-3 per supermarket, Assault with a deadly weapon sometimes happens, accidental death by trampling or manslaughter also happens.   If you go to a store on black friday, even to buy a loaf of bread, you are taking your life into your own hands.

It is the day in which we all get to lose faith in humanity because some person stabbed some other person over a plush toy,  when it isn't even the last one and there's dozens more on the shelf.  And the big superstores?  They only encourage it all.  This year they didn't even wait til black friday even started before opening the doors to the masses.  A couple superstores around here started their black friday at 5:00 PM thanksgiving night and stayed open through the night.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 25, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »

I got hit with one of the heavier hammer weapons in Hammerfight and lost the arena fight because it threw its hammer from the other side of the goddamn map and still managed to hit me. How do you even aim something like that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: November 25, 2011, 09:39:36 pm »

I just realized an odd pattern. Whenever I'm more than a little hungry, the sides of my elbows hurt right where that little spur on the joint is. Time to go rectify that with turkey, I guess.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: November 26, 2011, 01:25:04 am »

Too much sparkle, me thinks.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: November 26, 2011, 01:46:15 am »

I'd be willing to pass out and seizure if too it meant getting out of watching Twilight. It's probably just an involuntary reaction of all males to seeing it, similar to how eating rotten meat makes one throw up.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: November 26, 2011, 02:22:57 am »

If there's one thing about Twilight that's immensely entertaining, it's the YMMV page on TvTropes.

Seriously, that's a damn huge unfortunate implications section!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: November 26, 2011, 02:25:11 am »

I'd be willing to pass out and seizure if too it meant getting out of watching Twilight. It's probably just an involuntary reaction of all males to seeing it, similar to how eating rotten meat makes one throw up.
Hey now, I'm sure there are women who try to get out of watching it, too. Also, I imagine there is at least one man somewhere who enjoys it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 11037