Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468041 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27960 on: February 28, 2013, 06:39:05 pm »

Interaction between my roommate and I is starting to become very strange. He's still a slob bigot jackass, but...

I don't know. We're not friends. However, we aren't really enemies either, at this point. I simultaneously hate him and don't hate him. He makes me angry a lot, but we have banter now. I am the USA to his PRC.

We're.....rivals, maybe?
I think you're slowly warming up to him. You may never approve of his ways enough to be *friends*, but you know you can be together without trying to murder each other and that builds a modicum of trust. :P
Well, the "If there is a moment where we were going to murder each other, this would be that moment" moment happened back in November during the Cuban Alarm Clock Crisis. And I have to admit, that's when my plain disgust with him started to change into the current situation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27961 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »

Interaction between my roommate and I is starting to become very strange. He's still a slob bigot jackass, but...

I don't know. We're not friends. However, we aren't really enemies either, at this point. I simultaneously hate him and don't hate him. He makes me angry a lot, but we have banter now. I am the USA to his PRC.

We're.....rivals, maybe?
I think you're slowly warming up to him. You may never approve of his ways enough to be *friends*, but you know you can be together without trying to murder each other and that builds a modicum of trust. :P
Well, the "If there is a moment where we were going to murder each other, this would be that moment" moment happened back in November during the Cuban Alarm Clock Crisis. And I have to admit, that's when my plain disgust with him started to change into the current situation.
Aw, MSH has a frenemy!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27962 on: February 28, 2013, 09:24:58 pm »

Were this an anime, they'd be in a romantic relationship by the end of the series.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27963 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »

Were this an anime, they'd be in a romantic relationship by the end of the series.
MSH: "St-stupid roomate! I only clean up because I have to, not because that idiot needs it. Besides, it's not like he can take care of himself..."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27964 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »

Well, thank the Google Overlords that this isn't an anime.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27965 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »

Still doesn't preclude you entering a vitriolic Bromance.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27966 on: February 28, 2013, 09:30:44 pm »

* The MetalSlimeHunt hits the Kaijyuu in the head with the rolled up newspaper!

No! Bad kaijyuu!
No Gods, No Masters.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #27967 on: February 28, 2013, 09:31:07 pm »

Especially in high school, goddamn
Dude, I hear freshmen talking about "trying to score" at lunch.

Not as bad as "trying to score at lunch" but still. Freshmen. Mutha-effin freshmen.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #27968 on: February 28, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »

Wanting sex at 14-15 years old? That's not that ridiculous.

I mean, "trying to score" is ridiculous no matter your age. If that's what you meant. And I mean more than just trying to have sex, including all the attitudes that "trying to score" implies.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27969 on: February 28, 2013, 09:53:00 pm »

Besides that, sex is considered "grown-up" and "manly", so braggadocio about fictional sexual exploits is a standard part of the adolescent dominance ritual.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27970 on: February 28, 2013, 09:58:39 pm »

I was consciously wanting that around age 10.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27971 on: February 28, 2013, 09:59:38 pm »

One of my friends brags about getting it when he was 5, he's 11 now.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #27972 on: February 28, 2013, 10:03:22 pm »

You're 15 and you're friends with an 11 year old? How's that working out for you?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27973 on: February 28, 2013, 10:06:02 pm »

I don't hang out with anyone my age. My social group consists on 2 18 year olds, a 17 year old, 1 14 year old, 2 13 year olds, a 12 year old, and an 11 year old.
Most of them act like they're 16 or so, and everyone's homeschooled or unschooled, so we're all very odd.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27974 on: February 28, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »

Yeah, it's nothing new.  I remember hearing 12 year old girls talking about having revenge sex, or even random sex just to make their boyfriends jealous.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 11037