Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1861 1862 [1863] 1864 1865 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469387 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27930 on: February 27, 2013, 08:38:57 pm »

Why does listening to someone talk about his/her sex life not bother me at all, but listening to someone talk about someone else's behind their back...

actually nvm I think I answered my own question

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #27931 on: February 27, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »

Why does listening to someone talk about his/her sex life not bother me at all, but listening to someone talk about someone else's behind their back...

One's immoral and the other is just slightly weird?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27932 on: February 27, 2013, 08:49:08 pm »

Especially in high school, goddamn

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27933 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:57 pm »

Well, in that case, let me tell you about the time...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27934 on: February 28, 2013, 03:27:26 am »

It's my birthday tomorrow and I can't come up with anything awesome to do.  Halp?

Also this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:31:28 am by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27935 on: February 28, 2013, 04:17:33 am »

Is this acceptance of teh gay actually becoming a thing or is it just the new style going along with what must be an understandable mistake about whatever the hell a Justin Beiber is?
Finally the LGBT scene comes to its senses. Gay-as-an-insult has such a bad rep, while it's an ultimately awesome insult: the only people insulted by it, are people who think that "Gay" is a bad thing, and they deserve to be insulted as such.  :D

Source: I've been called gay-as-an-insult many times for my sometimes feminine behaviour and I don't give a shit.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27936 on: February 28, 2013, 09:48:49 am »

So... I might have an "influential, important role" to play. ... I can't help but wonder what the hell I've talked myself into this time.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27937 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:32 am »

So... I might have an "influential, important role" to play. ... I can't help but wonder what the hell I've talked myself into this time.
Poo, did you sign up for a cult again?

We keep telling you whiskey is not your drink but do you listen? Noooooooo.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27938 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:41 am »

Poo, did you sign up for a cult again?

We keep telling you whiskey is not your drink but do you listen? Noooooooo.

Hey, if you're going to be in a cult you might as well get in on the ground floor. Better to be a leader in a crazy cult than the everyman kool-aid sipper.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27939 on: February 28, 2013, 10:46:39 am »

The only time you come out ahead in a cult is if you created it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27940 on: February 28, 2013, 10:51:33 am »

The only time you come out ahead in a cult is if you created it.
There are quite a few cracks I could make here, but they might no be the best of ideas, so I'll just offer up a counterexample:

Amish Beard-Shaving Gang guy: He starts a splinter group/cult, commits a bunch of attacks resulting in the deaths of healthy beards, and gets a lengthy jail sentence while his followers essentially get off scot-free. In other words, they got to shave their beard and eat it too.

3. Run Resize Enable

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27941 on: February 28, 2013, 11:17:12 am »

And thus the great horror story of bay12 was born: the BEARD-EATERS!

Your dwarves will never be the same.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27942 on: February 28, 2013, 12:00:11 pm »

Snip

Well, technically the damage to the Titanic was equal to the damage to the USS Maine. (Actually, the USS Maine had proportionally less breached compartiments).
Problem was that the Titanic sustained long breaches due to subpar riveting failing. Several compartiments were breached, dragging the ship down so that water could enter via windows, and the fact that the tilt caused other compartiments to flood didn't help either. The rapid sinking was most likely caused of a compartiment breach* flooding the engine room, causing the pumps to fail and the ship to snap.

Oh, and another interesting note is the fact that the Titanic is pretty much the only ship were Women and Children first mantra was followed. Sadly, many women refused to leave the ship (It seemed to be fine for a long time) untill the boats had been launched.

*This only happened 20 minutes before sinking. The ship was lost from the moment it hit the iceberg.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27943 on: February 28, 2013, 12:33:31 pm »

Snip

Well, technically the damage to the Titanic was equal to the damage to the USS Maine. (Actually, the USS Maine had proportionally less breached compartiments).
Problem was that the Titanic sustained long breaches due to subpar riveting failing. Several compartiments were breached, dragging the ship down so that water could enter via windows, and the fact that the tilt caused other compartiments to flood didn't help either. The rapid sinking was most likely caused of a compartiment breach* flooding the engine room, causing the pumps to fail and the ship to snap.

Oh, and another interesting note is the fact that the Titanic is pretty much the only ship were Women and Children first mantra was followed. Sadly, many women refused to leave the ship (It seemed to be fine for a long time) untill the boats had been launched.

*This only happened 20 minutes before sinking. The ship was lost from the moment it hit the iceberg.

Yes, I brought up the riveting earlier. The lifeboats were secondary concerns as far as "how could we have forseen something like this" goes. The Maine example was intended to provide a bit of context in terms of the lifeboat problem, in terms of how they still wouldn't have been sufficient even under less dangerous circumstances. The deaths were largely caused by issues that should have been caught before the Titanic launched.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27944 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:42 pm »

Apparantly my friend thinks that these lunatics doomsday preppers are cool. If the world is going to end to economical Russian nuke tsunami's anyway, then why not enjoy the time left?

Also, the chance of most of these world-ending events happening is so low. A hurricane or tsunami could happen, he said, I said that hurricanes form over warm water and that Brittain has Belgium covered pretty well. Tsunami's are created by earthquakes, and in we're in West-Europe. About the most natural-disaster-free place on Earth.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1861 1862 [1863] 1864 1865 ... 11037