Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 [1779] 1780 1781 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437622 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26670 on: February 05, 2013, 04:23:13 pm »

Ohhh. I thought MSH was laughing at the video itself, which I presumed to be hilarious.

I think he's laughing at the video and the copyright crap. Every single thing slightly related to this video is hilarious and baffling.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26671 on: February 05, 2013, 06:54:06 pm »

Kaijyuu, by any chance did you hitchhike your way to your significant other?  :P

But yeah, that's going to be internet-fame to a substantial degree.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26672 on: February 05, 2013, 07:33:48 pm »

Kaijyuu, by any chance did you hitchhike your way to your significant other?  :P
Naw, I used one of those aero-thingies that fly through the sky with wings.

I think I might like this other Kai, though. Sounds like he used the back side of his hatchet rather than chopping the guy up with the sharp end, which earns a thumbs up from me (not to mention saving a bunch of people from a crazy Jesus wannabe).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26673 on: February 05, 2013, 09:37:48 pm »

He still apparently killed the guy, though. I'm not sure if it's better to beat someone to death with the blunt side of a hatchet as opposed to the blade. Though it probably got a substantially smaller amount of blood on the woman that Christ-man was throttling at the time.

3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26674 on: February 05, 2013, 11:26:18 pm »

A combination of many emotions, Happy, and WTF Since barging in on one discussion seems better than 2, and that they are related anyway I'll throw them both here.

Happy: I finished my outline for my Why Internet censorship is bad persuasive speech in speech class.  I also learned how to properly MLA cite US Government bills.  Like say for example, SOPA.

WTF: Who the hell writes these bills?  I expected a bit of lawyer-ese but this is ridiculous.  It's barely readable, no wonder politicians in Washington spend so long arguing over this stuff.  It's completely incomprehensible, they probably don't even know what they are arguing over.

I mean...
WTF!  What does that even mean?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:32:02 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26675 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:08 pm »

He still apparently killed the guy, though. I'm not sure if it's better to beat someone to death with the blunt side of a hatchet as opposed to the blade. Though it probably got a substantially smaller amount of blood on the woman that Christ-man was throttling at the time.
I was reading in one of the articles that the game is being held for bail for attempted murder, so I think he's still alive. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26676 on: February 05, 2013, 11:40:50 pm »

I was reading in one of the articles that the game is being held for bail for attempted murder, so I think he's still alive.
I'll take your word for it. The video wasn't incredibly clear, for somewhat obvious reasons.

3. Run Resize Enable

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26677 on: February 05, 2013, 11:53:20 pm »

I mean...
WTF!  What does that even mean?

Uh... that doesn't seem that confusing? It's defining a term by referencing the name, date and location if the event to which the term. The event was called "the Convention for the Protection of Producers of Phonograms Against Unauthorized Duplication of Their Phonograms", so I can understand why they would want a short name to refer to it.

As to what the name of the Convention means, a phonogram refers to a particular recording, and phonogram rights are seperate from broadcast rights and content rights. You can look up the details if you want, but nothing there at least seems that bad.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26678 on: February 05, 2013, 11:58:33 pm »

I just posted a patrick stewart speech on a GameFAQs forum O_o

and the worst part is

I only had the vaguest idea of what a Patrick Stewart speech is

then I looked it up thinking I had written it

and found out that I copied the format exactly

god dammit shakespeare

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26679 on: February 06, 2013, 12:30:58 am »

And now I want to watch TNG.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26680 on: February 06, 2013, 12:31:56 am »

I'll take your word for it. The video wasn't incredibly clear, for somewhat obvious reasons.
I'm not sure I understood correctly, but after he bludgeoned the christ, he began to wander off, saying cops will arrive soon, and some people caught up with him, and told him the guy was masturbating in front of a school. That's how I interpret what he said, at least.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26681 on: February 06, 2013, 12:32:39 am »

And now I want to watch TNG.
Q! AAAAAHHHH!
O wait that's Flash Gordon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #26682 on: February 06, 2013, 01:00:53 am »

So... there was a rather bizarre (and holy fuck excessively violent) police incident in Cleveland.

Officer spots a couple people in a vehicle near a homeless shelter acting suspicious.  He believes they're involved in drug activity.  When he approaches the vehicle, they speed away.  He doesn't give chase.  He doesn't report the incident.  He goes into the homeless shelter and starts threatening to arrest people if they don't give him information about who was in that vehicle.

Another officer (unaware of the above) spots the fleeing suspects shortly after and gives chase.  Soon there are 115 officers involved in the chase.  Only 3 of them had permission to pursue (which is a requirement).  Some had even been told to drop the pursuit and ignored the order.

So many officers were involved in this pursuit all communicating with each other over their radios, that the information swapping turned into a high-speed high-adrenaline game of telephone.  Over the course of the 22-minute chase, everyone's perception of danger continually escalated.  Officers involved in the chase believed that the suspect had rammed police vehicles, blown a tire, and fired weapons.  None of these things turned out to be.

When they finally stopped the vehicle in a middle-school parking lot, police surrounded the suspect vehicle and began firing their weapons.  The scene was so disorganized that police were crossfiring at each other, which turned into the belief that the suspects were returning fire.  So this turned into about 18 seconds of guns blazing.  Over 140 shots fired.  One officer climbed on top of his patrol car and fired 49.  When the smoke cleared, both suspects were dead, both were completely unarmed, tons of damage had been done to police equipment all by other police, and it was a miracle none had shot each other.

Have a link.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26683 on: February 06, 2013, 01:04:48 am »

And this is why the police are fucking inept.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26684 on: February 06, 2013, 01:05:19 am »

What the fuck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 [1779] 1780 1781 ... 11040