Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470757 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26070 on: January 23, 2013, 09:08:14 pm »

I keep setting my drink down on the same fork, yet I still keep forgetting to take it downstairs to the kitchen. If I hadn't made this post, I'd forget about it this time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26071 on: January 23, 2013, 09:14:20 pm »

I keep setting my drink down on the same fork, yet I still keep forgetting to take it downstairs to the kitchen. If I hadn't made this post, I'd forget about it this time.
Once I walked to my bedroom to grab a pencil for my homework, forgot why I was there, looked at my drawer and thought I decide for a change of underwear, mid-way through rembered I should be doing homework, went back to the living room with new underwear, and wondered where my pencil was.

Anyway, it's freesing here in NYC, absolutely miserable. Constant low-level snow, no accumalation. And The wind isn't helping matters.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #26072 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:51 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26073 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:32 pm »

I'm very happy the guy didn't get shot.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26074 on: January 23, 2013, 09:54:37 pm »

I'm very happy the guy didn't get shot.
This.

Also, what is it with Florida? Is there something in the water?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #26075 on: January 23, 2013, 09:54:58 pm »

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:00:20 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #26076 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:03 pm »

Ava's Demon. I have no idea what this is or what it's about.
Oh man. That was really good.

And now I'm caught up... time to play the waiting game.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26077 on: January 23, 2013, 10:02:07 pm »

Ava's Demon. I have no idea what this is or what it's about.
Oh man. That was really good.

And now I'm caught up... time to play the waiting game.

I've had Ava's Demon on my list of things to read, and this mention spurred me to go ahead and start it. Suffice to say that I am incredibly pleased that I did.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26078 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:39 pm »

Also, what is it with Florida? Is there something in the water?
It's the heat. It's the goddamn heat.

And the drugs. 'Cause... look. There's a lot of drugs passing into and through this state, alright? Don't know if it's fluctuated since the last time I checked, but iirc Florida's in like the top five or so states, in terms of estimated illegal drug throughput.

Lot of reasons (Ports, proximity to certain other countries, the fact that the economy in Florida is pretty goddamn shitty even in relation to the rest of the country), but it is what it is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26079 on: January 24, 2013, 05:13:07 am »

I broke my previous account by making the password and the answer to the secret question all strings of randomly generated letters and numbers that I forgot to save copies of. I did this when I was paranoid that someone was going to break into my account here a month or so ago. Ah well, what are you going to do?
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26080 on: January 24, 2013, 05:51:58 am »

Ask Toady to fix it?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Skold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26081 on: January 24, 2013, 05:58:33 am »

Ask Toady to fix it?
I don't want to impose on him, especially when I'm sleep-deprived. Plus, I've been meaning to change my username anyways. I just hope things will work out and that I don't somehow get banned for impersonating myself. I sent a message to Toady One a few months ago to keep an eye out for anyone who might be impersonating me in case if there were problems, but it looks like I didn't see that I might end up breaking my account by making a custom security question whose answer was only found in a text file that I have recently edited the wrong way recently.

It just goes to show that I should probably back up my data a little more often. Oh well, I guess that is something I can work on soon enough.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26082 on: January 24, 2013, 07:19:39 am »

Don't be afraid he'll think you're an impersonator. He can just compare your IP to the one your old account used.

My WTF of the day: I saw Einstein today at the bus stop.

Skold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26083 on: January 24, 2013, 08:01:24 am »

Don't be afraid he'll think you're an impersonator. He can just compare your IP to the one your old account used.

My WTF of the day: I saw Einstein today at the bus stop.
That reminds me, one of my teachers in special education was Ian McKellen. Or at the very least he looked like him. They say that for every person there is at least one person that looks just like them.

I for one look like Mikey from American Choppers as well as a football player at one of the local community colleges. Most people just think I look like Mikey though, even if one time one of the football players at [REDACTED] college told me that the coach wanted to speak with me. That lead to one awkward conversation outside of a hot dog stand and the embarassment of said football player.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #26084 on: January 24, 2013, 08:33:19 am »

All of my train of though has now turn into a song with pop music background...
Time for bed
Pages: 1 ... 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 ... 11037