Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1722 1723 [1724] 1725 1726 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470790 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25845 on: January 19, 2013, 05:25:30 pm »

I'm calling Hanlon's razor on this one. Idiocy is more likely than conspiracy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25846 on: January 19, 2013, 05:27:28 pm »

Is that the one that essentially says "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity"?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25847 on: January 19, 2013, 05:29:03 pm »

Is that the one that essentially says "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity"?
Yep.

But still, using a non-lethal pistol, that he forgot to load? I mean, how dumb can you get.

I also don't know why he wasn't shot on the spot.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25848 on: January 19, 2013, 05:29:59 pm »

I also don't know why he wasn't shot on the spot.
Also Hanlon's razor. Everyone's an idiot.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25849 on: January 19, 2013, 05:30:38 pm »

This is Bulgaria. Everything is a thinly-veiled conspiracy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #25850 on: January 19, 2013, 06:11:55 pm »

I found this picture in a random unrelated search (warning: guy in underwear pouring milk on himself).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25851 on: January 19, 2013, 06:15:27 pm »

I found this picture in a random unrelated search (warning: guy in underwear pouring milk on himself).
It's exactly what you described it would be.

What.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25852 on: January 19, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »

It's actually worse because of that face.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25853 on: January 19, 2013, 06:17:53 pm »

Makes me kinda' sad the shaco head was shopped or somethin' instead of a really well done mask. I'd be tempted to drop some cash for a shaco mask that came close to matching that level of detail.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25854 on: January 19, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »

I never understood the whole "Naked buff dude pouring milk on himself" ... uh, fetish, I suppose would be the best word for it?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #25855 on: January 19, 2013, 06:34:28 pm »

What.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25856 on: January 19, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »

Now I'm hearing that the guy also had two knives, no significant criminal record, and no clip in the pistol.

Not quite, at least according to the good old BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21103987
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25857 on: January 19, 2013, 08:50:15 pm »

Which state are you in Dei (edit), to give rise to this much bad luck? I've read through your post and at first i struggled to grasp it wasn't fictional. How did this happen (edit:) consecutively? Yes, trickster gods are competing for your soul.
I have lived in California my entire life. It just so happens that the county I have lived in for most of it has an unusually high amount of people with either some kind of addiction, criminal record, or mental health issue. It only gets worse when you get into the university town in this county that happens to be home to the number one party school of the eighties and also have to deal with college students whose idea of a good time is getting blackout drunk and contracting Hepatitus. I just so happened to end up moving to this assisted living facility in the university town after the previous one I was living in was foreclosed upon back around 2010.

I ended up moving there as part of my agreement with my probation officer and the court as a result of my commiting misdemeanor battery back around 2006-2007. That part was inexcusable save that I was undergoing psychosis from an even more stressful environment than this one and the victim was one of my abusers, who to this day won't admit that they or anyone else did anything wrong and still blames me for everything that has ever happened to me. I was given five years probation for pleading nolo contendre as part of a plea agreement but I got off close to four years early for exceptionally good behavior.

I don't want to talk anymore about the probation situation, because despite the fact that it was against one of the many people who abused me for most of my life I still think that it was wrong of me to strike them. People should treat people how they want to be treated, and no one has the right to mistreat another person regardless of the circumstances. Furthermore I've moved past some of the problems I have had with them and managed to develop a healthy relationship with them. They still hold it over me but at least now we get along and they no longer treat me poorly like how they used to. Said person still does often criticize my appearance however, as well as my interest in the internet and my fondness of energy drinks and other stimulant-laden beverages, but I brush it off because I want to treat them how I want to be treated - with respect, dignity, consideration and occasional bouts of generosity.

Ah yes, I remember now how difficult it was to get my schizo brother to start taking meds regularly.  Took probably a year of convincing, hospital visits where the medication was forced on him, and finally demanding he only take his meds when someone else is around to make sure he takes them.  Even then :/  given the right time and place, he'd probably stop taking them.  Oh yeah, and my parents told him that if he ever stopped taking his meds entirely, they'd simply remove him from the house entirely.  We aren't going through that again, if he wants to put us all through that again.

I'm just glad that you managed to get him to take his medication and that from what you are saying it has worked out so far. Andrew on the other hand is being told by both the voices in his head as well as his pastor not to take his medication, and they are the only ones he listens to. These voices also tell him that people are stealing his stuff when no one has touched it, and that people are poisoning him, which leads to him throwing out hundreds of dollars of groceries a month in some cases. His pastor does nothing for him except feed into his delusions and then simply pray with him over the phone on an almost daily basis.

As for Antonio, the other schizophrenic in this apartment, his paranoia has taken him to the point where he is moving out and into his brother's place down the street all while not giving a thirty-day notice or doing anything else that is expected of any tenant in an apartment complex within the State of California. This is because he refuses to sign the contract for this assisted living facility or fill out the paperwork for release agreements and other conditions for living here due to the fact that his delusions state that if he does any of these then the police will use their telepathic powers to read his mind. He is not blaming himself but instead blaming the United States Government, which he thinks is run by organized crime.

All I'm going to say is I'm going to miss his cat, an orange tabby named Tommy. I liked playing with that cat and stroking his fur, and personally I considered Tommy to be one of my friends. I will probably never see that pretty kitty again, and that makes me sad.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25858 on: January 19, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »

The rage thread is locked. This bodes ill

Edit: And after reading the last conversation they were having I can understand why O_o
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25859 on: January 19, 2013, 11:49:04 pm »

Now I'm hearing that the guy also had two knives, no significant criminal record, and no clip in the pistol.

Not quite, at least according to the good old BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21103987
they beat the shit out of him for that stunt

yea i have no idea why the rage thread was locked, i blame people nvm the great toad enlightened us
Pages: 1 ... 1722 1723 [1724] 1725 1726 ... 11037