Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1716 1717 [1718] 1719 1720 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471079 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25755 on: January 18, 2013, 01:06:05 am »

So twice in one day

I went to the Netflicks for Kids and soo many NOT JUST FOR KIDS STUFF was in there
Hasn't that always been the case? Or did someone mess things up and the Kids section not actually be for kids today?

Actually there were a few "not kids movies" in there. There are also quite a bit of shows that adults would like that do not show in the adults section.

You want to watch the great Avatar, Xmen (the GOOD one), or Invader Zim (a show cancelled SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE it was popular to adults but not kids) you have to actually go to the kids section.

I went there to watch Rugrats, and I just went "Wait what!?! So Xmen was hiding there!?! what insane monster didn't think to include a cartoon section for Netflix?"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25756 on: January 18, 2013, 01:09:25 am »

Because 'cartoons are for kids' or something and people would complain its redundant.

* Aklyon high fives for Rugrats
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25757 on: January 18, 2013, 01:12:35 am »

I really have to ask, was it actually that set of points? As in, [Jews] brought to [America/the U.S./the Americas], at some point after which the [Holocaust] occurred [in America]?

No, because you got that by quoting me incorrectly.

I was quoting you correctly. Even a single comma (or the lack thereof) can drastically change the meaning of a sentence.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25758 on: January 18, 2013, 02:02:05 am »

I really have to ask, was it actually that set of points? As in, [Jews] brought to [America/the U.S./the Americas], at some point after which the [Holocaust] occurred [in America]?

I was quoting you correctly. Even a single comma (or the lack thereof) can drastically change the meaning of a sentence.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25759 on: January 18, 2013, 02:07:59 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25760 on: January 18, 2013, 02:09:46 am »

... stalin's got some legs on him. Surprisingly cleanshaven, though. I'd expect a russian to be more... hirsute.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25761 on: January 18, 2013, 02:12:31 am »

When were Jews ever specifically sent to America?

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25762 on: January 18, 2013, 02:22:46 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:30:49 pm by Ogdibus »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25763 on: January 18, 2013, 04:18:26 am »

... stalin's got some legs on him.
aaand sigged.

Because I split my sides on that one.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25764 on: January 18, 2013, 05:11:36 am »

When were Jews ever specifically sent to America?
...the statement was supposed to be extraordinarily stupid though. And it is, even without that bit. You really never know how far the depths of stupidity go.

It would have also been possible the person misspoke.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:02:05 am by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25765 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03:13 am »

I'm not sure, but I suspect my stock manager's girlfriend is crushing on me. Some of the things she says and the way she says them seems to point towards this.

I'm also not sure how to proceed with this. Continuing on as normal and waiting for more of a confirmation on this seems to be the safest, because I'm more likely than not very wrong.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25766 on: January 18, 2013, 11:39:04 am »

So I'm playing a pve tank character in an mmorpg.  I accept a blind duel challenge that turned out to be from a hardcore pvper.  After about five minutes, the challenger wins, but complains that it was boring, because it took too long.  Wait, what?  Shouldn't a tank take a long time to beat?  Isn't that the entire point of the role? x3
It is. Apparently you can also be used as a boring pvp opponent. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25767 on: January 18, 2013, 12:22:46 pm »

I'm not sure, but I suspect my stock manager's girlfriend is crushing on me. Some of the things she says and the way she says them seems to point towards this.

I'm also not sure how to proceed with this. Continuing on as normal and waiting for more of a confirmation on this seems to be the safest, because I'm more likely than not very wrong.
Definitely a dangerous situation if your boss's girlfriend is crushing on you.  Be very cautious indeed.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25768 on: January 18, 2013, 12:25:06 pm »

Even if she does like you, I wouldn't pursue unless she is no longer the boss's girlfriend.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25769 on: January 18, 2013, 12:45:39 pm »

Even if she does like you, I wouldn't pursue unless she is no longer the boss's girlfriend.

Reading what he wrote it does not seem like he is interested in dating her.

Anyhow there is also a chance she is coming onto you knowing you can't do anything. Think of it as legal sexual harassment.
Pages: 1 ... 1716 1717 [1718] 1719 1720 ... 11037