Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14472674 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25515 on: January 14, 2013, 12:16:47 am »

Well, down here in Missouri every other pickup has that flag hanging in the back window, plus half the t shirts that people are wearing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #25516 on: January 14, 2013, 12:18:02 am »

No pointed mask? ...Just kidding.

But seriously, I couldn't think of a valid, sane reason for that if that's not some really foul humor or contorted sense of coolness.

Oh, no, as someone who grew up in southern Virginia, along the NC state border, I can attest that this isn't uncommon at all. People have Confederate flags on their porches, on their trucks, on their T-Shirts... the Lost Cause is something everyone mourns!

Unless, you know, you're black...but, well...
Well, down here in Missouri every other pickup has that flag hanging in the back window, plus half the t shirts that people are wearing.

Is it really...like that? Definitely something new to me since I don't live anywhere close, not even close to the New World.

And let's just stop here before someone devolves this into something flamey.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25517 on: January 14, 2013, 12:19:01 am »

Yeah, it really is.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #25518 on: January 14, 2013, 12:35:38 am »

I finally got around to cleaning out a folder, and wound up deleting nearly 30 megabytes of unneeded files. This would be less noticable, except they were dead links in my shortcuts menu.
How did you manage 30MB of shortcut? Thats like finding more than 5gb in someone's recycle bin.
I just deleted about 28gb from my recycle bin a few days ago.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25519 on: January 14, 2013, 12:44:30 am »

No pointed mask? ...Just kidding.

But seriously, I couldn't think of a valid, sane reason for that if that's not some really foul humor or contorted sense of coolness.

Oh, no, as someone who grew up in southern Virginia, along the NC state border, I can attest that this isn't uncommon at all. People have Confederate flags on their porches, on their trucks, on their T-Shirts... the Lost Cause is something everyone mourns!

Unless, you know, you're black...but, well...
Growing up in Florida, the black kids did this as well.

Made for a very interesting American History class.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25520 on: January 14, 2013, 12:50:34 am »

There's been a substantial deal of whitewashing and idealization, emphasizing the romantic image of the pre-War South and the whole decentralization schtick, rather than the (primarily) economic/ethical conflict that caused the War. Sort of an opposite to how a lot of people like to pretend that the U.S. Civil War was only about freeing the slaves, from start to finish. That, and enough time has passed that there really isn't any living memory, so the symbols are diluted and used to mean things other than what they originally did.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #25521 on: January 14, 2013, 02:50:35 am »

Why does it feel like every person who talks in ridiculous non-capitalized non-punctuated run-on sentences with the spelling of an eleven year old has the exact same political opinions? I can't count the number of times I've walked into a thread and seen

yeah well guys idk it feels like there are some good points on both sides and i don't know which one to believe so i'm going to have to settle for a neutral stance here but i guess this is how humans always are fighting each other over silly things instead of listening to each other when everyone should just get along oh well i guess theres no way you can change people can you i guess in the long run people might change but right now with all the conflict in politics and the media i dont see it happening any time soon

I honestly can't recall if I've ever seen this writing style and the wishy-washy helpless stance on conflict as separate things. They both bother me and the fact that they're always paired up just bothers me even more.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #25522 on: January 14, 2013, 02:57:52 am »

idk man i think ppple just have those neutral stances and uf they want that i think it is fine cause idk i dont want to force them to have opinion or somthing man

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25523 on: January 14, 2013, 03:00:05 am »

idk man i think ppple just have those neutral stances and uf they want that i think it is fine cause idk i dont want to force them to have opinion or somthing man
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25524 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29:20 am »

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
fixed that for you unless you dont like that many letter a-s in which case thats cool too man just dont throw a hissy fit about the letter a because the letter a isnt that serious of business and we all have better things to do than talk about the letter a and we can all just get along with our letter preferences and agree to disagree
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25525 on: January 14, 2013, 03:30:54 am »

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
fixed that for you unless you dont like that many letter a-s in which case thats cool too man just dont throw a hissy fit about the letter a because the letter a isnt that serious of business and we all have better things to do than talk about the letter a and we can all just get along with our letter preferences and agree to disagree
Not enough a's
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25526 on: January 14, 2013, 03:40:28 am »

m@n
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #25527 on: January 14, 2013, 03:46:51 am »

_
man

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25528 on: January 14, 2013, 04:48:34 am »

I honestly can't recall if I've ever seen this writing style and the wishy-washy helpless stance on conflict as separate things. They both bother me and the fact that they're always paired up just bothers me even more.
But. But. I'm wishy-washy and my typing is impeccable! Maybe not that wishy-washy but wishy-washy nonetheless. Never let it be said I have stances, they're more like loungings.

Of course, I don't actually use capitals or apostrophes in my manuscript...
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #25529 on: January 14, 2013, 04:56:32 am »

This is a special mind of wishy-washiness. The kind that takes a neutral stance on literally everything. The kind that, fifty years ago, would have said that people against interracial marriage had points that were just as good as the opposition.

The kind that, in the face of any evidence to the contrary, concludes that people never change and no problem is worth attempting to solve because there will always be people on both sides of the issue.
Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 ... 11037