Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471843 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25500 on: January 13, 2013, 06:54:53 pm »

I finally got around to cleaning out a folder, and wound up deleting nearly 30 megabytes of unneeded files. This would be less noticable, except they were dead links in my shortcuts menu.
How did you manage 30MB of shortcut? Thats like finding more than 5gb in someone's recycle bin.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25501 on: January 13, 2013, 06:57:10 pm »

Wow... So somehow still not having internet at home, I'm sitting in a public library, at my computer, with head phones on, and no sound coming out at all, I have nothing open that is producing any sound. Still have headphones in just in case I want to watch a video or something, but currently no sound.

A guy just walked over and asked for me to turn my computer volume down, and said that it was disturbing him and damaging my own ears.  :o
There isn't even anything making a noise that sounds even slightly like any noise computers often make. I don't know what was annoying this guy, but I hope he can get medication for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #25502 on: January 13, 2013, 07:02:02 pm »

I finally got around to cleaning out a folder, and wound up deleting nearly 30 megabytes of unneeded files. This would be less noticable, except they were dead links in my shortcuts menu.
How did you manage 30MB of shortcut? Thats like finding more than 5gb in someone's recycle bin.
What? I tend to have dozens of gigs in my recycle bin...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25503 on: January 13, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »

But it takes ages to delete several gigs from recycle bin. Easier to just shift+delete that and skip the recycle bin entirely.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25504 on: January 13, 2013, 07:16:48 pm »

The schizophrenic Christians I have for roommates are talking about going to church in their boxer shorts. That's not a visual I wanted to have, especially since the two of them tend to walk around without a shirt on at least twice a day and I'm not interested in males. Also, while I was typing that their conversation turned to some people not being Christians and calling that "praying to the Devil". I am tempted to ask them which devil they are talking about just to see how they react.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25505 on: January 13, 2013, 07:23:33 pm »

Asmodeus of course, natch.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25506 on: January 13, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »

Asmodeus of course, natch.
I was hoping it would have been Barron, because Lucifer is simply a fallen angel and Satan is the bastardization of Tiamat, a Babylonian mother goddess. No one ever talks about Barron because he was associated with Gilles de Rais and his rape, torture, slaughter and sacrifice of countless innocent children in the pursuit of some gold plates that didn't exist. This happened some time after Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake of course, as Gilles de Rais lost it after his lover and commander was murdered by the church.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25507 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32:36 pm »

:o
Christian mythology is fun for the entire family!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #25508 on: January 13, 2013, 09:06:03 pm »

I thought Barron was the name of a prep book company.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #25509 on: January 13, 2013, 11:55:05 pm »

Are yall talking about Baron Samedi? I grew up near New Orleans, and the houngan/mambo wouldn't exactly call him a devil.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25510 on: January 13, 2013, 11:59:23 pm »

I'm back at college, and you know what that means: It's time for a Roommate Chronicle.

He's got a giant Confederate flag now, with the words "aint ever" on the top and "going down" on the bottom. He wants to hang it up on his wall or the ceiling, but has thankfully failed so far. Such comments as "slavery was right" and "racism is good" greeted me back to this place, but I think he was being kind of facetious there.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #25511 on: January 14, 2013, 12:02:47 am »

I'm back at college, and you know what that means: It's time for a Roommate Chronicle.

He's got a giant Confederate flag now, with the words "aint ever" on the top and "going down" on the bottom. He wants to hang it up on his wall or the ceiling, but has thankfully failed so far. Such comments as "slavery was right" and "racism is good" greeted me back to this place, but I think he was being kind of facetious there.

You know, when I was in Finland, I once saw a Confederate flag hanging from the dashboard of a passing truck.

The Finns seemed rather unschooled in the finer points of American history, however. I was glad to note that a few of my Finnish classmates were easy students in an impromptu history lesson, in which I explained that the Canadian states attempted and succeeded in seceding to preserve their tradition of slavery; this is why we refer to the Civil War as the War of Northern Aggression.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #25512 on: January 14, 2013, 12:04:45 am »

No pointed mask? ...Just kidding.

But seriously, I couldn't think of a valid, sane reason for that if that's not some really foul humor or contorted sense of coolness.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #25513 on: January 14, 2013, 12:07:07 am »

No pointed mask? ...Just kidding.

But seriously, I couldn't think of a valid, sane reason for that if that's not some really foul humor or contorted sense of coolness.

Oh, no, as someone who grew up in southern Virginia, along the NC state border, I can attest that this isn't uncommon at all. People have Confederate flags on their porches, on their trucks, on their T-Shirts... the Lost Cause is something everyone mourns!

Unless, you know, you're black...but, well...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25514 on: January 14, 2013, 12:08:00 am »

I once saw a window sticker that was shaped like the Chevy logo with a Confederate flag pattern.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 11037