Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470863 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25125 on: January 05, 2013, 01:02:11 am »

I think you are referring to that thing called, 'France'. :P And yeah, they are far from a not-warlike people. All humans are warlike, violent, and brutal. Some of them just forget these facts.
Tell  a Brit that their favorite football or rugby team sucks. If you're unlucky, you'll end up in the hospital :P

I'm not saying that something similar wouldn't happen in another country, I'm just saying that the British can be nasty too.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25126 on: January 05, 2013, 01:31:20 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25127 on: January 05, 2013, 01:34:33 am »

Canadians. Polite. Pfffffft. We're just as rude and asshole-ish as the rest of the world for the most part.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25128 on: January 05, 2013, 01:36:58 am »

Canadians. Polite. Pfffffft. We're just as rude and asshole-ish as the rest of the world for the most part.
How can Canada be rude?  They have all those cute penguins over there.  You can't be rude when you have penguins. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25129 on: January 05, 2013, 01:39:18 am »

Wrong pole, dude. :V

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25130 on: January 05, 2013, 01:41:45 am »

All the Canadians I have worked with (I've lived in two states on the Canadian border for my entire life, and worked in Canada for a few months,) have been exceptionally polite and generous. The only time I've ever seen Canadians come to blows, even in barroom arguments, is on the hockey rink.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #25131 on: January 05, 2013, 01:42:20 am »

Yeah, I've apologised to people for elbowing me in the face on the bus.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25132 on: January 05, 2013, 01:42:39 am »

How can Canada be rude?  They have all those cute penguins over there.  You can't be rude when you have penguins.
Please be a joke :<

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25133 on: January 05, 2013, 01:46:34 am »

All the Canadians I have worked with (I've lived in two states on the Canadian border for my entire life, and worked in Canada for a few months,) have been exceptionally polite and generous. The only time I've ever seen Canadians come to blows, even in barroom arguments, is on the hockey rink.

You obviously haven't dealt with many Canadians. I regularly have to deal with people not stopping at intersections, despite me waiting at them, plainly visible. I have to deal with a redneck stepdad who looks down on my orientation and lifestyle. I have to deal with a sister who borrows stuff and never gives it back and mistreats it horribly. Canadians. Are. Assholes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25134 on: January 05, 2013, 01:48:14 am »

I think we went over this before and concluded that harsher climates result in greater community interdependence, which breeds people who are more appreciative and respectful towards each other.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25135 on: January 05, 2013, 01:54:54 am »

You obviously haven't dealt with many Canadians.
About twenty thousand, I'd wager. Your family seems to be an outlier. Furthermore, you should learn how to properly cross-check someone, and all that behavior will stop.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25136 on: January 05, 2013, 01:56:47 am »

\

I hope I am joking too.  If I turn into one of those people who think there are penguins in Canada...
Also, for my WTF, I just got banned on another forum for sexist remarks.  Because apparently asking for information about the womens suffrage movement is racist. (All I did was ask for information to clarify a few things I was confuse about.  Not anywhere, in any of my post, was something implying ANYTHING about either gender being inferior/superior/whatever)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25137 on: January 05, 2013, 01:57:57 am »

I think we went over this before and concluded that harsher climates result in greater community interdependence, which breeds people who are more appreciative and respectful towards each other.
Presumably with enough outliers to render it a vague trend-like thing rather than a particularly valid assumption for any specific situation, but sounds legit enough, and I hardly have any kind of data one way or the other. Kind of like most evolutionary psychology arguments, but this one's attributed to social surroundings rather than hardcoded biological evolution.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25138 on: January 05, 2013, 02:00:05 am »

\

I hope I am joking too.  If I turn into one of those people who think there are penguins in Canada...
To be fair, turns out there are penguins in Canada!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25139 on: January 05, 2013, 02:00:48 am »

Canada isn't a place of politeness. Canada even has a low-scale ethnic conflict between the French and English Canadians. It might as well be Somalia.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 ... 11037