Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471869 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25080 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:09 pm »

Half man, half wheelbarrow.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25081 on: January 04, 2013, 12:41:41 pm »

Good times, better how his rpg is sticking into his driver's legs.  I thought it was the world's biggest handcannon at first.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25082 on: January 04, 2013, 12:42:50 pm »

I somehow missed the RPG. I tought the guy was holding a pistol with the barrel cut off.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25083 on: January 04, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »

Wtf am I watching this Grey's Anatomy shit when I hate medical melodramas, including this one?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25084 on: January 04, 2013, 01:52:10 pm »

Wtf am I watching this Grey's Anatomy shit when I hate medical melodramas, including this one?
Ugh, I remember being subjected to the first season or two of that by an evil(and actually kinda hot) English teacher in high school.

Thankfully, I purged my brain of it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25085 on: January 04, 2013, 04:06:01 pm »

Me and my friends argued for 2 hours whether or not we should record our D&D sessions. 2. Fucking. Hours.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25086 on: January 04, 2013, 04:27:40 pm »

All that is easy.  What's REALLY fun is invading a technologically backwards country with tanks and getting your ass kicked by a bunch of guys armed with rocks.
In Civilization I, it's possible for a battleship to die to a greek phalanx under certain circumstances.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25087 on: January 04, 2013, 04:30:19 pm »

All that is easy.  What's REALLY fun is invading a technologically backwards country with tanks and getting your ass kicked by a bunch of guys armed with rocks.
In Civilization I, it's possible for a battleship to die to a greek phalanx under certain circumstances.

If that phalanx is fortified, in a fortress, on a mountain, then fair enough. Battleships suck at scaling fortress walls at altitude.
This is a blank sig.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25088 on: January 04, 2013, 04:34:51 pm »

Close. It's a fortified veteran phalanx in a city, and only about a 10% chance.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #25089 on: January 04, 2013, 04:35:00 pm »

Do they just throw shit at it until the weight sinks it or something?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25090 on: January 04, 2013, 04:41:27 pm »

Maybe they managed to use little boats and defeated everyone on board in melee. Or they hid in the cellar till one of the idiot crewmates on board drops an explosive shell?
Or, just maybe, the city fortifications include defensive siege weaponry.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25091 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:15 pm »

I like to think they sneak on board the ship while it's in port, then stab all the crew in their sleep, finally cornering the captain and kicking him into the boiler while yelling "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!"

By the same token, I've had games of Axis and Allies where a transport ship more or less cleansed the Atlantic of U-boats by itself.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25092 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:28 pm »

Hell, they could just outlive them. Supplies on ships are limited and a castle should easily be able to store enough food to hold out until the ship's crew starves to death.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25093 on: January 04, 2013, 05:06:51 pm »

I like to think they sneak on board the ship while it's in port, then stab all the crew in their sleep, finally cornering the captain and kicking him into the boiler while yelling "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!"

By the same token, I've had games of Axis and Allies where a transport ship more or less cleansed the Atlantic of U-boats by itself.
Of course, cargo ships did carry light cannon for most of the war, though they were rarely effective with them (generally the Navy provided excess guns and ammo, but couldn't spare troops, so the civilian sailors had to man them).

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25094 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »

Of course, cargo ships did carry light cannon for most of the war, though they were rarely effective with them (generally the Navy provided excess guns and ammo, but couldn't spare troops, so the civilian sailors had to man them).
I know they were armed, but this was insane. Rolled a six every time with its one die, and all German (and later Japanese) submarines would invariably roll 1s and 2s when going up against it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 11037