Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1643 1644 [1645] 1646 1647 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473549 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24660 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:47 pm »

I downloaded the driver updates from the ATI website, ran the .exe, ran the program the .exe started.... Does this mean new drivers are installed?
umm did it say?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24661 on: December 27, 2012, 01:54:48 pm »

Does...does anybody know if this advert is real?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now that's what I call dark humour...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24662 on: December 27, 2012, 01:56:04 pm »

Agent mentions his 5-year old twins got iPods for Christmas. And that he's been letting them use his AppleID to download stuff. His Justice Dept AppleID. That gets used for his government-issued iPhone. That has y'know....law enforcement data on it.

And he's wondering why the games they're downloading are showing up on his iPhone.

FML...counter-intelligence's biggest threat isn't spies, it's the fact that we give these guys a badge and a gun and all kinds of gadgets, but we can't give them brains.

Does...does anybody know if this advert is real?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now that's what I call darkie humour...
ftfy (i'm goin to hell, aren't I?)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #24663 on: December 27, 2012, 02:00:53 pm »

Well your fix kind of killed the joke, so yes :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24664 on: December 27, 2012, 02:06:43 pm »

Agent mentions his 5-year old twins got iPods for Christmas. And that he's been letting them use his AppleID to download stuff. His Justice Dept AppleID. That gets used for his government-issued iPhone. That has y'know....law enforcement data on it.

And he's wondering why the games they're downloading are showing up on his iPhone.

FML...counter-intelligence's biggest threat isn't spies, it's the fact that we give these guys a badge and a gun and all kinds of gadgets, but we can't give them brains.
To be fair... they are probably competent, they've just never been taught about the gadgets they've been given... other then the rudimentary basics of how to use it for the job.  Leaving anything beyond that for the person to stumble upon on their own.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #24665 on: December 27, 2012, 02:08:33 pm »

newfriends

That's a new euphemism to me...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24666 on: December 27, 2012, 02:08:54 pm »

Government issued iPhones are a thing that exists?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #24667 on: December 27, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »

To be fair... they are probably competent, they've just never been taught about the gadgets they've been given... other then the rudimentary basics of how to use it for the job.  Leaving anything beyond that for the person to stumble upon on their own.

If they're dealing with sensitive data, I would think this the mere application of basic common sense, no?

Common sense, so uncommon.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24668 on: December 27, 2012, 02:14:16 pm »

I dunno. The idea of common sense when it comes to technology changes quickly and radically, especially between generations. If this dude was like 40, his expectations vs a 17 year olds expectations would differ radically. Intelligent or not.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24669 on: December 27, 2012, 02:15:32 pm »

If they're dealing with sensitive data, I would think this the mere application of basic common sense, no?

Common sense, so uncommon.
Common sense does not apply if all you know about the gadget is how to use it for the rudimentary basics and have no clue that said gadget's id things and stuffs is 'cloud based'. EDIT: (If you even know what cloud based means...)

It is ignorance.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24670 on: December 27, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »

apparently secret government data is ok for Apple to look at, no wonder they know how to move around the system.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24671 on: December 27, 2012, 02:42:35 pm »

The Bureau is on the forefront in that regard. And yes, they are.

And you do NOT want to know how many have already been lost and replaced at taxpayer expense. Or how many we've had to completely reload because "I let my kid play with it". I've gotten to where I tell these people "Treat this phone like you would your gun. It's not a toy, it's not disposable, and it's dangerous in the wrong hands."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24672 on: December 27, 2012, 02:46:06 pm »

It is also dangerous in the hands of apple, who are well known for spying on your data.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24673 on: December 27, 2012, 03:01:42 pm »

newfriends

That's a new euphemism to me...
Someone got on my ass for saying [REDACTED] before. So, newfriends. It's more pleasant to say that or summerfriends than [REDACTED] or [EXPUNGED]. Blame it on the fact that until last month I spent most of my time at 4chan when I wasn't here and now that I am here or at Aurorachan I now have to censor myself.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24674 on: December 27, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »

I just played 30 Flights of Loving.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.
Pages: 1 ... 1643 1644 [1645] 1646 1647 ... 11037