Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1641 1642 [1643] 1644 1645 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475103 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24630 on: December 26, 2012, 10:58:16 pm »

Stalin's Singing Schoolgirls.  Ok I thought anime was weird.  Then I saw this.  Now anime is really weird.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24631 on: December 26, 2012, 11:02:27 pm »

Stalin's Singing Schoolgirls.  Ok I thought anime was weird.  Then I saw this.  Now anime is really weird.
Its always weird, except when its not. Its like how you always have a remarkably high chance of having crazy people in reality tv.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24632 on: December 26, 2012, 11:16:19 pm »

Have you seen the rest of the anime yet? The rest is even weirder, but even more awesome :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24633 on: December 27, 2012, 06:14:48 am »

My friend tried to introduce that sort of thing in our D&D campaigns. For ETHNICITY, for Gygax's sake! That is also something I am now WTFing about, now that I've been reminded of it.
I think it was Gygax who came up with +1cha -1str for female characters, I'm not sure he'd disapprove :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24634 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:06 am »

Going back to the genetics discussion, there's also just X (also called Turner syndrome). Subjects present as phenotypically female with a number of physical abnormalities, including low hairline, low-set ears, non-working ovaries, and neck webbing.

There are a number of aneuploidy sex chromosome conditions like this that start to get into "WTF, Nature?" territory, including:

XXXX
XXXXX
XXYY
XXXY
XXXXY
XYYY
XYYYY

and XX/XY, where literally some of the cells in your body have XX and others have XY. Hermaphroditism at the cellular level.  :o

One of the reasons these conditions is so rare is that they typically constitute a biological BSOD, and the embryo spontaneously aborts.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:53:30 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #24635 on: December 27, 2012, 08:45:09 am »

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Old_Man_Henderson
Nothing else need to be said about this...
Edit: Also read the director cut, make little bit more sense for whats happening
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:48:48 am by Evilsx »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24636 on: December 27, 2012, 08:46:14 am »

OMH, the only mortal who can smoke the necronomicon and not lose SAN.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #24637 on: December 27, 2012, 08:54:48 am »

Also a thanks for Xantalos for showing me and other it, i be bloody happy if that came out as a movie

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24638 on: December 27, 2012, 09:24:23 am »

Are we talking about OMH again?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24639 on: December 27, 2012, 09:48:16 am »

Awesome, glad I randomly popped in this thread today.  ... It needs a full song.

EDIT: Then I youtube search the anime for it... Shota?
Yes, I know what it means.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:44:32 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24640 on: December 27, 2012, 11:11:13 am »

Chimerism leads to the best problems. For example, in one incident a woman's children were found to be totally unrelated to her in genetic tests, and the state tried to claim them because they thought she was a fraudster. This was rather difficult since they could bring up the doctor who birthed them from her in court. Of course, as it turned out she had a Chimeric reproductive system all along.

Then there are the less fun issues, when the immune system suddenly decides to take sides and tries to kill off one of the genelines.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24641 on: December 27, 2012, 11:20:16 am »

Awesome, glad I randomly popped in this thread today.  ... It needs a full song.

It is from Girls und Panzer, I've only seen the first 10 episodes but it isn't even remotely shota.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24642 on: December 27, 2012, 11:25:52 am »

Chimerism leads to the best problems. For example, in one incident a woman's children were found to be totally unrelated to her in genetic tests, and the state tried to claim them because they thought she was a fraudster. This was rather difficult since they could bring up the doctor who birthed them from her in court. Of course, as it turned out she had a Chimeric reproductive system all along.

Then there are the less fun issues, when the immune system suddenly decides to take sides and tries to kill off one of the genelines.

I seem to remember a CSI episode with a serial rapist who was a Chimera, so he was able to repeatedly avoid arrest because the DNA from a cheek swab wouldn't match the DNA from...other sources.

That thing about being an XX/XY chimera is pretty crazy though.
"You should try to get in touch with your feminine side."
"That's easy. It runs from here to here, with a patch of it over here."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24643 on: December 27, 2012, 11:30:22 am »

It is from Girls und Panzer, I've only seen the first 10 episodes but it isn't even remotely shota.
Maybe I shouldn't have looked at the upvoted 'boku no pico'...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #24644 on: December 27, 2012, 11:41:46 am »

Interest rate on my student loan is 0.6%.
That's less than the average inflation of the Euro. Does that mean I'm making a profit here o_O?
Pages: 1 ... 1641 1642 [1643] 1644 1645 ... 11037