Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444611 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2460 on: November 10, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »

My name originated as a derogatory nickname distortion I used against a particularily obnoxious member of a politically-themed forum. I didn't really mean to use this account for much besides asking DF stuff, and I did not expect anyone to pick a simmilar nickname, afterwards. (needless to say, I was mistaken)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 10, 2011, 04:22:12 pm »

"Kaijyuu" has never been taken by anyone but me... except once way back when I first started playing FF11. Which is odd because it's a butchering of a japanese word, and a slightly less butchered version (Kaijuu) went through.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 10, 2011, 04:28:11 pm »

"Levi" is usually taken, so I'm surprised I got that username here.  I like it because its short and easy for people to remember.

When its taken I usually choose "Asparagus".   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: November 10, 2011, 04:57:32 pm »

Greiger just about everywhere.  If Greiger is taken which happens surprisingly often I go with either Greiger2 or "Greigerwitha2".

I think the only place I haven't used Greiger in recent memory is a source mod game called Eternal Silence.  Which due to it sharing a lot of things with Freespace I went with the name Alpha One.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 10, 2011, 04:57:35 pm »

I tend to use a lot of different names for different sites. I've been trying to standardize it under 'Slag,' but I've made so many accounts in various places that I can't really change the fact that I have far too many pseudonyms.
Nothing important here, move along.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 10, 2011, 05:01:03 pm »

I'm so creative I named my forum account after myself. Everywhere else it's lrcp and that's been free, although there was the time I met LNCP and we were all "whoa so similar".
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 10, 2011, 05:02:16 pm »

Aside from new forums that sprang up from here, the only other name I use anywhere is Antedeluvius, and that's only on N@W.

The Merchant of Menace would be rather widely used though, I imagine.
*Hugs*

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 10, 2011, 05:04:18 pm »

Bdthemag is never taken, anywhere.

Its a nickname my dad called me when I was a kid.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 10, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

Aside from new forums that sprang up from here, the only other name I use anywhere is Antedeluvius, and that's only on N@W.

Out of curiosity, where did Merchant of Menace come from in the first place? I've seen the phrase on several 70's era anti-media and anti-gay propaganda books (that we usually pulp because there's no real market for political works that outdated).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 10, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »

I pronounce it Bid the mag, not sure why.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 10, 2011, 05:22:22 pm »

I pronounce it Bid the mag, not sure why.
Its pronounced Bee-Dee-The-Mag.

The B.D. part is my initials, and the rest stands for The Magnificent.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: November 10, 2011, 05:42:19 pm »

I know there are other Bauglirs (ripping off Tolkien will do that for you), but, much like people who've been arrested for copyright infringement, I've never met one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 10, 2011, 05:51:27 pm »

Out of curiosity, where did Merchant of Menace come from in the first place? I've seen the phrase on several 70's era anti-media and anti-gay propaganda books (that we usually pulp because there's no real market for political works that outdated).
Probably originated as a sort of parody of The Merchant of Venice. Apologies if I'm stating the obvious here.

Anyway, I only use this username nowadays, though before this I would use Voren or some variation. Voren was an OC of mine that I'd really rather forget, hence the name change.
くコ:彡

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 10, 2011, 05:54:14 pm »

I've been using Simmura for a few years now. Never met anyone else using it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: November 10, 2011, 06:49:49 pm »

Frenchmen literally pirate 6000 copies of new Call of Duty game.

No, not pirate as in giant argument in the diable 3 thread, pirate as in "We be stealing yer truck of games, yar."
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 11040