Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488659 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #22785 on: November 21, 2012, 12:15:15 pm »

• If they are sentient, then breeding them in a lab and selling them violates the 13th Amendment.
Does it? It just says slavery is bad. It doesn't define sentience in any way, nor does it say it applies to any particular group. Technically, if it applied to non-human species, then owning pets is a violation of the Constitution.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22786 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:44 pm »

Suddenly I want to write a story about a space navy made entirely of catgirls.
This would be a more amusing urge if it hadn't already been done. I'm fairly sure multiple times >_>
Wait, what? D:

Were said catgirls the genetically-engineered supersoldiers of mankind?
Hell, probably in one of them. Gods know there's probably some kind of freakish final fantasy sci-fi AU using Mithra as the primary naval force or something. Anthros get plenty of fiction space these days, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22787 on: November 21, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »

• If they are sentient, then breeding them in a lab and selling them violates the 13th Amendment.
Does it? It just says slavery is bad. It doesn't define sentience in any way, nor does it say it applies to any particular group. Technically, if it applied to non-human species, then owning pets is a violation of the Constitution.
Except that catgirls are likely part-human, and thus have the same rights. And besides, I don't think most pets are sentient.

@ Frumple: I have no idea what any of those are O_o;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22788 on: November 21, 2012, 12:18:44 pm »

That's what I've been saying all along!

• If they have cat minds, they make a mess and cannot actually clean. Plus they cannot give consent, so lonely horny people are out of luck unless they want to be brought up on bestiality charges.

First thought:

"We just need a way to somehow covertly convince China to start publicly developing cat girls, then America will pick up the slack to avoid being left behind technologically. It'll be like the space race all over again, except with cat girls!"

Then we send them into space!
And have them do what everyone is thinking there?
Genius! If we are lucky, space does not fall under any country, and thus human rights don't count...?

"In space, noone can hear your harem of mutant sex slaves scream" is basically what I'm gathering.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22789 on: November 21, 2012, 12:20:04 pm »

This would be a more amusing urge if it hadn't already been done. I'm fairly sure multiple times >_>

....actually, I had something like that in a sci-fi setting of mine. >_>

Though to be fair, they were more like Kzin or Aslan (from Traveller) than Nuku-Nuku.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22790 on: November 21, 2012, 12:33:03 pm »

Wait, what? D:

Were said catgirls the genetically-engineered supersoldiers of mankind?
THEY SHALL BE MY FINEST SPACEMEN, THESE CATGIRLS WHO GIVE THEMSELVES TO ME.
LIKE ADORABLE CLAY I SHALL MOULD THEM AND THROUGH THE POWER OF SCIENCE FORGE THEM.
THEY WILL BE OF SUGAR, SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE.
IN CUTENESS SHALL I CLAD THEM AND WITH THE MOST IMPRACTICAL GUNS THEY SHALL BE ARMED.
THEY WILL BE UNTOUCHED BY SPACE OR SPACE, NO SPACE WILL SPACE THEM.
THEY WILL HAVE LASER PENS, TWINKLY BELLS AND ENTRANCING EYES SUCH THAT NO FOE CAN BEST THEM IN GLORIOUS BATTLE.
THEY ARE MY VALKYRIES AGAINST THE VOID. THEY ARE THE DEFENDERS OF HUMANITY.
THEY ARE MY CATGIRLS AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO FEAR.

--THE EMPEROR PROTECTS.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22791 on: November 21, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »

* Sirus applauds
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22792 on: November 21, 2012, 12:35:41 pm »

Yeah, now my brain is going to spend at least half the afternoon working primarily on how to combine kawaii catgirls and WH40K. The result will likely be....traumatic.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22793 on: November 21, 2012, 12:36:22 pm »

Yeah, now my brain is going to spend at least half the afternoon working primarily on how to combine kawaii catgirls and WH40K. The result will likely be....traumatic.

I'm very deliberately pretending I didn't read anything above my own post for exactly this reason.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22794 on: November 21, 2012, 12:47:35 pm »

Snip
And have them do what everyone is thinking there?
Genius! If we are lucky, space does not fall under any country, and thus human rights don't count...?
[/quote]

There's such a thing as the International Space law, but it mostly limits itself to forbidding people from blowing up other planets, taking weapons into space, and suchlike. Of course, the US has not ratified, as with a lot of other of these things.

Which nicely follows up to my WTF*. The Convention of the rights of the child has not been signed by 2 nations:

Somalia and the US. (The first because it doesn't even have an organised governement structure anymore, ie no one capable of signing it)

*I should have know with you silly Americans

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22795 on: November 21, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »

There are still Americans who like to adopt the term "bible-thumping parents" more literally; i.e. by beating the ever loving Jesus into their children. With the bible.

Needs more catgirls.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22796 on: November 21, 2012, 12:50:35 pm »

America: Yeah, we promise we'll be all nice and not use those weapons on people. Sign? Um, I gotta go uh... Oppress the Middle East some more.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22797 on: November 21, 2012, 01:01:04 pm »

There's a couple pretty huge threads over on spacebattles related to stuff like that. Lovehammer, various sailor moon/WH40k xovers (some are pretty decent! SM's got surprising narrative possibilities, really.), etc., so forth. It's a common concept line, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22798 on: November 21, 2012, 01:17:46 pm »

I just don't really see the appeal in mixing series' like that. But that's my personal opinion.
He's fucking with us.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #22799 on: November 21, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »

Just got a call from my insurance company, asking me why I gave them a 1 out of 10 on that poll they wanted me to fill in.

I wonder if they seriously think I appreciate having a stranger randomly calling me.
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 11037