Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1504 1505 [1506] 1507 1508 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489591 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #22575 on: November 17, 2012, 11:45:10 am »

The hell?
Republicans suggesting massive reforms to copyright and demonstrating a real understanding of the current problems with it.
Current copyright law does not merely distort some markets – rather it destroys entire markets.
The hell?
Seriously I thought the republicans were real buddy buddy with the content industries because of their stance on copyright infringement?
Or I am missing something?
Well, they usually seem to be. Then again no one in particular realy stands out except for Lamar (who started SOPA) and Wyden (who seems to be the only congressman to know what he's talking about at all if the internet gets involved in anything)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22576 on: November 17, 2012, 11:50:02 am »

The GOP can occasionally do smart things too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #22577 on: November 17, 2012, 11:52:25 am »

Y'know, I love that name because the Dems have been around longer and can actaually trace their roots to the formation of political parties. Oh, the irony.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22578 on: November 17, 2012, 12:36:37 pm »

They also used to be the socially conservative party. They were the ones that fought for slavery (mostly this was a result of the republican party forming against slavery, bipartisanship sucks).

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #22579 on: November 17, 2012, 01:02:03 pm »

Throwing all that on the heads of modern politicians seems a bit unfair. That's like blaming modern Germans for WWII.

Still, I'm glad they're doing something about copyright protection. Hopefully Democrats will support it, too, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

Hopefully we'll get a lot closer to why copyright law was made in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:05:07 pm by Knight of Fools »
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22580 on: November 17, 2012, 01:35:42 pm »

Hopefully we'll get a lot closer to why copyright law was made in the first place.

That's an interesting link. Did you have an actual article or site you intended to link to or...?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22581 on: November 17, 2012, 08:07:18 pm »

And now we're back where we were previously. It was a nice idea though.

/sigh
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:09:04 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22583 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:30 am »

a rat is drinking my cider and flooding my cabin, that is all.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22584 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27:34 am »

a rat is drinking my cider and flooding my cabin, that is all.
Retaliate with sky rats and beer.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22585 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:58 am »

And now we're back where we were previously. It was a nice idea though.

/sigh
The Republicans are so screwed. Even when they try to expand their voter base, their existing interests pull them back down like a sinking ship full of crab poppies metaphor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22586 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37:02 am »

One of the big, fully loaded cargo hauling ships at the rate they punched that one out. :(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22587 on: November 18, 2012, 12:50:48 am »

No tears here, let the copyright fanatics back a doomed faction. It'll do the rest of us good when they invest all they have in the GOP and go down with it when it fails.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22588 on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:10 am »

They have quite a bit to invest, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22589 on: November 18, 2012, 01:03:29 am »

A lot of money, maybe. Not that many friends anymore, and dropping. Everything they do manages to alienate people. Money talks, but public opinion ultimately matters more to politicians since they need to be re-elected to get rich off of their position.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1504 1505 [1506] 1507 1508 ... 11037