Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485317 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #22035 on: November 11, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »

Just spent two or three minutes looking around the house for my ring (I generally take it off for certain uses of the bathroom; showers, so forth.). Just as I was about to give up for the night, I looked down. At my hand. Upon which's finger adorned the ring.

... I guess it's kinda' telling how long I've been wearing the ring if I can't even tell the bloody thing's there.
Not really. Your brain is designed to block out stimulaion tha toccurs constantly, or you go insane. Ergo, I never hear the street outside, at all.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: November 11, 2012, 11:49:10 pm »

... yeah, I hear the street outside constantly. And the air moving. And the bushes outside rustling. And the AC when it turns on, and the laptop's fan, and my own breathing, and usually my heartbeat (that one's tough to keep a hold of, though), and etc., and so forth, and so on. I frakking hate televisions. I spent like a decade of fairly concentrated effort getting to the point I was actually able to consistently hear. I'm somewhat hypersensitive to sense datum these days as a results, and distraction and trouble it brings aside, I wouldn't give it up for something as trivial as a particular slice of sanity. Which makes not noticing the thing was on my hand even more strange. I'm usually pretty aware it's there and fiddle with it as a mannerism.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: November 12, 2012, 02:23:32 am »

... yeah, I hear the street outside constantly. And the air moving. And the bushes outside rustling. And the AC when it turns on, and the laptop's fan, and my own breathing, and usually my heartbeat (that one's tough to keep a hold of, though), and etc., and so forth, and so on. I frakking hate televisions. I spent like a decade of fairly concentrated effort getting to the point I was actually able to consistently hear. I'm somewhat hypersensitive to sense datum these days as a results, and distraction and trouble it brings aside, I wouldn't give it up for something as trivial as a particular slice of sanity. Which makes not noticing the thing was on my hand even more strange. I'm usually pretty aware it's there and fiddle with it as a mannerism.

I can relate. I'm hypersensitive to most common forms of external stimuli - light, noise, smell, pressure, texture, vibrations and tone. I also have difficulties with crowded places as well, so I have difficulties going outside during the daylight hours because of how bright and active everything is during the daytime. Most days I'll spend what time I can inside my room playing video games or in my apartment talking to my roommates, only going outside to greet the landlady and go for my daily walk to the nearest shopping center to browse at both food and electronics, perhaps making a purchase of comfort food or energy drink in order to calm my nerves.

I'm like this because my nervous system is kind of messed up, as is my brain. They're messed up in such a way that makes my collection of senses very keen overall - except sight. I manage to fix this by wearing headphones and listening to my music loud enough to where I barely hear anything outside of my music and my thoughts. I find that that as well as taking my time alone in my room helps when I'm overstimulated, something that happens on average at least once or twice a day in some cases.

Anyways, I hope things get better for you. In other news, I haven't had any what-the-fuck moments today outside of on a whim buying my favorite kind of sandwich from Subway - meatball marinara on sourdough, toasted and topped with Monterey cheddar, chipotle southwest sauce and parmesan cheese. At the Subway nearest to me it costs $5.90 and it is well worth it. I think doing things on a whim is a different kind of what-the-fuck than what this thread's intention implies however.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22038 on: November 12, 2012, 02:52:31 am »

*mindblown*

Also, at 6am, it was snowing heavily, and now, at almost 9am, the grass and roads are all dry? O.o
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: November 12, 2012, 03:45:39 am »

So I got this trailer from the horror movie I posted about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbB7VO_jztY

So I take it this "qivitoq" is a kind of Greenlandic Slenderman?

Now what it exatcly is I am not sure, but from what I have heard..
A qivitoq is essentially a person, withdrawn from society and going out into the wilderness seldom to return.
They are said to have supernatural abilities and is always to be feared.

But as of it being Slenderman?
I think you may be on to something there..
(Altough Slenderman is a relatively recent thing? The myths of Qivitoq have existed in Greenland for centuries.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:53:42 am by Ultimuh »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: November 12, 2012, 03:51:19 am »

Heavy Rain. God damn, if I had kids, I would be, right now, just saying "fuck this game fuck this game fuck this game fuck this game". This is playing on every fear every parent has about their children ever.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22041 on: November 12, 2012, 04:06:44 am »

*mindblown*

Also, at 6am, it was snowing heavily, and now, at almost 9am, the grass and roads are all dry? O.o
*gasp* *gasp* oh god I only just now escaped from tumblr D:  And I thought TvTropes was bad D:

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: November 12, 2012, 05:22:34 am »

http://rinkworks.com/dialect/
Don't know about you guys but this made my day.

edit: As an example, try copying the Url of this forums, and select Swedish Chef from the Dialect menu.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:27:59 am by Ultimuh »

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22043 on: November 12, 2012, 06:17:07 am »

http://rinkworks.com/dialect/
Don't know about you guys but this made my day.

edit: As an example, try copying the Url of this forums, and select Swedish Chef from the Dialect menu.

You mean: ( :p )

http://reenkvurks. Um gesh dee bork, bork!cum/deeelect/
Dun't knoo ebuoot yuoo gooys boot thees mede-a my dey. Bork bork bork!

ideet: Es un ixemple-a, try cupyeeng zee Url ooff thees furooms, und select Svedeesh Cheff frum zee Deeelect menu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
« Lest Ideet: Tudey et 05:27:59 em by Ulteemooh »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: November 12, 2012, 06:23:56 am »

Ok thet is pretty evesume-a. I'm gueeng tu hefe-a tu use-a thees seete-a fur joost ebuoot iferytheeng noo.

Aww, not a single bork!  :(

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: November 12, 2012, 06:26:11 am »

Ok thet is pretty evesume-a. I'm gueeng tu hefe-a tu use-a thees seete-a fur joost ebuoot iferytheeng noo.

Aww, not a single bork!  :(

Run it through again.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: November 12, 2012, 06:27:40 am »

Ok thet is purdy evesoom-a. ah's gueeng tu hefe-a tu use-a thees seete-a fur joost ebuoot eff'nerytheeng noo.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22047 on: November 12, 2012, 06:31:10 am »

Ok thet is purdy evesoom-a. ah's gueeng tu hefe-a tu use-a thees seete-a fur joost ebuoot eff'nerytheeng noo.
Ok zeet is poordy ifesuum-a. eh's gooeeng too heffe-a-a too use-a-a zeees seete-a-a foor juust iboouut iffff'neryzeeeng nuu.
Ook zeet is poooordy iffffesuuuum-a. ih's gooooeeng toooo heffffffffe-a-a-a-a toooo use-a-a-a-a zeees seete-a-a-a-a foooor juuuust iboooouuuut iffffffffffffffff'neryzeeeng nuuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Hoorty floorty schneepp schneepp!
Oouk zeet is puuuurdy iffffffffesoooooooom-a. ih's guuuueeng tuuuu heffffffffffffffffe-a-a-a-a-a tuuuu use-a-a-a-a-a zeees seete-a-a-a-a-a fuuuur joooooooost ibuuuuoooooooot iffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff'neryzeeeng noooou. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Hoorty floorty schneepp schneepp! Huurty fluurty schneepp schneepp!

Why won't it bork?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22048 on: November 12, 2012, 06:32:10 am »

Why won't it bork?

Maybe because Bork really isn't a Swedish word? :p

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.