Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478172 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21840 on: November 08, 2012, 01:50:27 am »

Started a new world in Minecraft. Began on a tiny island, with three bits of grass and one tree. Tried searching around, one small island with four more bits of grass and one 2-block large island with sugar cane just out of sight from my island. No other land within swimming distance. Spend a few days growing trees (no need for shelter as the island is too small to spawn any mobs and the other island is far enough away that anything spawning there can't see me) and starting a farm (as one of the bits of grass fortunately left a seed). Dig down, find iron quickly, find redstone more slowly, build a large map using the enormous sugarcane farm I planted in the meantime. Build boat, explore entire map, find two more small islands with trees/flowers. No landmass larger than four chunks. Not using large biomes. I feel like I'm playing Wind Waker.

Pluses to this kind of scenario- Since I had a tree I can still make almost anything. Mobs cannot spawn on my island while I'm there, and keeping all land lit is very easy. Endermen are laughable.
Minuses- if there were no tree, I'd be screwed. No animal products available except ink sacs. Mobs are difficult to farm. No cacti, snow, cocoa, vines, or lily pads, and only oak trees.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21841 on: November 08, 2012, 01:55:09 am »

The one time I played Minecraft I spawned in a world with holes in the earth all the way down to the bedrock.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21843 on: November 08, 2012, 08:31:57 am »

My older brother has a new schizo obsession.  When he listens to the radio, he turns to AM 1230 which is pure static in our area, and listens to it for hours at a time.  I asked him why, and he said the station is 100% devoted to people talking about him, specifically about how they spy on him.  This station apparently even brings in guest speakers to discuss my older brother's life, his daily activities, his flaws, and more ways to spy on him.

???

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21844 on: November 08, 2012, 08:40:00 am »

I hope your brother has access to mental health services. Thinking that the world is out to destroy you must be a horrible feeling.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21845 on: November 08, 2012, 08:49:35 am »

He does.  That's the weird thing, this is him ON working medication and monthly visits to a counselor.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21846 on: November 08, 2012, 08:56:57 am »

How was he before the drugs and counseling?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21847 on: November 08, 2012, 09:00:03 am »

are you sure he's taking his medication?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21848 on: November 08, 2012, 09:16:32 am »

Pretty bad... he was violent and uncontrollable, and hallucinated pretty much all the time.  It was rare for him to make it through the day without some sort of disaster, like randomly attacking our parents, standing out on the front lawn with his head down and eyes closed, randomly running away screaming from the dinner table after staring into space, stuff like that.  Also didn't help that my mother loves collecting expensive, easily breakable things and keeping them in moderately inconvenient places around the house.

ninja edit: I'm... mostly sure.  He has to take daily meds, and we try to be good at making sure he takes them, but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed a dose every now and then.  We can tell when he skips his meds altogether though, he has a relapse and usually ends up throwing a huge fit over something only he can see or hear.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21849 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:42 am »

Does his therapist know about these incidents? If not, you may want to have a little chit-chat with the therapist.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21850 on: November 08, 2012, 12:03:55 pm »

New Archbishop of Canterbury is a former oil exec.  ::)

I fucking give up. Just point me to whichever corp will best provide for me once I sell them my soul.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21851 on: November 08, 2012, 12:06:22 pm »

I fucking give up. Just point me to whichever corp will best provide for me once I sell them my soul.
Probably Google, until the day they turn completely evil too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21852 on: November 08, 2012, 12:34:38 pm »

Alright, i was practicing a French text that i have to read in class tomorrow, raged because i could not remember it, so i started learning my Latin words for tomorrow. Somehow, i got nearly all of them right on the second run. Half of those words were new.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21853 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49:43 pm »

Well whoop-de-do. I'm hoping this will start protestprotestantism.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21854 on: November 08, 2012, 02:25:54 pm »

Wait. The Church being elbow-deep in the economy is a new thing?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 11037