Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471384 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21675 on: November 06, 2012, 04:42:08 am »

Hn, we keep the eggs we're using in the fridge but extra cartons go in the cupboard. There's not much reason to refridgerate them as they won't go off unless broken or left a long time and we eat enough eggs that the latter will never happen. :P

Yeah, basically what Mech#4 said :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21676 on: November 06, 2012, 04:51:43 am »

Eggs are refrigerated here. I always assumed they'd go bad sooner if they weren't.

Not that I often see a rotten egg.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #21677 on: November 06, 2012, 05:04:35 am »

Depending on where you are from store bought eggs are generally about a month old and are usually good for at least another two weeks outside of refrigeration. Refrigerated eggs are good for between 3 and 4 months from the day they are laid. I stuff my eggs into the fridge since my chickens lay between 6 and 9 a day. I can't eat that many eggs every day.

I also sell my eggs, and people are a little put off if the eggs have not been stored in a fridge for some reason. You can also freeze eggs, which is a good thing to do if you don't eat eggs often and don't expect to go through a dozen or so within a reasonable amount of time :D It lets you get good deals on eggs without worrying about eating them all right away, or using up fridge space for more than a few eggs at a time.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21678 on: November 06, 2012, 08:31:08 am »

I've had a lady at the supermarket I work at insist that our eggs were 'near-frozen' and that this was terrible somehow. I desperately wanted to say 'Yes ma'am. That's called refrigeration.'
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #21679 on: November 06, 2012, 08:42:11 am »

You should get some eggs, leave them under a radiator or out in the sun or sth, then offer her those if she complains again.

Or probably not, I don't know how funny your boss would find it.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21680 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:07 am »

This entire site.

Simply learning that people refrigerate chicken eggs was... woah O.o

Besides that, running outta helium sounds wtf too D:

That thing about the helium running out? It scares the fuck out of me to consider that breathing in just a little bit to make your voice high and chipmunky will one day be an experience relegated exclusively to the bourgeoisie.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21681 on: November 06, 2012, 09:01:00 am »

I see no issue with doing the exact same thing with hydrogen. Sure, it burns, but not explosively, and we will never run out of hydrogen.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21682 on: November 06, 2012, 09:06:24 am »

I see no issue with doing the exact same thing with hydrogen. Sure, it burns, but not explosively, and we will never run out of hydrogen.

At least not until we use all of it in fusion reactors. But then we'll have helium again, so it's okay.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21683 on: November 06, 2012, 09:10:08 am »

If we run out of sources of hydrogen, we'll have bigger issues on our hands.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21684 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:51 am »

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21685 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:35 am »

Yes, I've seen them advertise that at one of the local liquor stores.  I won't go near the stuff, it just sounds nasty.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21686 on: November 06, 2012, 09:29:58 am »

Is it as bad as 'Viper'? (doubles as a response, and a WTF? in itself)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21687 on: November 06, 2012, 09:55:44 am »

EDIT: Oops. Read conversations before replying to specific posts, Kai.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21688 on: November 06, 2012, 09:57:28 am »

Hydrogen, the most abundant element in the universe? Never underestimate man kinds ability to exhaust a resource!
Humanity: We take it, because it's there!

EDIT: Dammit kaijyuu, don't edit your post making mine less relevant!

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21689 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:24 am »

I woke up at 7:38. I leave for school normally at 7:40. I scrambled to get ready, and made it to school before the bell. Then I looked at my phone. It read 6:54. Que me just sitting there, staring at it for a good couple of minutes. Now I'm back at home, in glorious warmth.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 11037