Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 [1431] 1432 1433 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462194 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21450 on: November 01, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »

Youtube!
Titles do not go under videos, they go above them! Below the video is the description's spot, and not everyone actually bothers to look down there.

I'm minorly surprised they managed to make the video screen worse after it had been perfectly fine for so long.

Eh? Titles are still above videos for me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In better news, my stylish skin didn't get broken by this derpdate of youtube's, so I don't have to use the blindingly bright default one. :)

Might it have something to do with your stylish skin? Because I use the horrid default and everything is as normal as it ever is,

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21451 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »

Nopes. It doesn't rearrange a thing. It just replaces white/grey with black/grey/blue.
Also, giant orange button is both giant and orange. And silly. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21452 on: November 01, 2012, 09:40:04 pm »

Nope, same thing in Chromium.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21453 on: November 01, 2012, 09:41:00 pm »

Don't mock the giant orange, it is cheerful and confuses the people who don't understand browsers that aren't IE.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21454 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:29 pm »

If I needed to confuse someone, I can just open chromium. Even less buttons seems to = more confusion unless they know about google chrome. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21455 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:32 pm »

Youtube!
Titles do not go under videos, they go above them! Below the video is the description's spot, and not everyone actually bothers to look down there.

I'm minorly surprised they managed to make the video screen worse after it had been perfectly fine for so long.

Eh? Titles are still above videos for me.

In better news, my stylish skin didn't get broken by this derpdate of youtube's, so I don't have to use the blindingly bright default one. :)

I really don't understand why Youtube keeps wanting to screw up my front page. Why do you hate your own UI so much that you need to make huge sweeping changes to it every ten months or so? I just finally got used to things being the way they are, I had it set up just perfect so I'd always direct to my subs page, I'd see all the latest updates, recommended videos are on the side, and miscellaneous features on the left. I mean, I preferred the setup that preceded THAT one, but still it was tolerable.

Now? Everything's fucked up! Now I can't even change things around anymore, and my dedicated subs page and my recommended videos (which honestly I didn't use often, but it would bring up interesting things every now and again and it was a useful gauge for what my most recent activity's been) are now in separate areas entirely. And now dominating the right side is recommended channels, which I am far far far less interested in.

The entire thing is just reeking of Google's irritating style of minimalism that makes things unintuitive, which if I remember correctly, is actually the exact opposite of what minimalism is supposed to accomplish.

This is just so frustrating, since I frequent youtube often and it's home to all my favorite lp'ers and such. I just wish it wasn't:

1) Completely unexpected and without warning
2) Absolutely mandatory with no option of changing back
3) Obviously inferior with now all the little menus and options that atleast let you customize somewhat are now sliced out.

I'm in the middle of complaining through the feedback option at the bottom, but that only accomplishes in making my opinion feel worthless and sincerely unheeded.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21456 on: November 01, 2012, 09:56:47 pm »

That sounds rather familiar to what I keep hearing about IE, greatorder. Though that may or maynot have to do with me having multiple old people nearby I have to help occasionally when a cookie expires or something like that.

@Josh: you can remove the reccomemeded channels on /my_subscriptions by hitting the >> button. Anything on the frontpage is abandoned territory for me though, can't help there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21457 on: November 02, 2012, 03:06:50 am »

Ok, I'm kind of weirded out.  I remember a movie trailer.  I think it was maybe a year ago.  I'm trying to look it up now, but I can't find anything about it.  I don't remember much... but it had a very striking visual style.  Kind of Sin City-like, in a deep metropolis setting, but with more color and a sort of live-action anime flair.  Besides that, the only thing I remember is Johnny Depp rapid combo face-punching people.

I'm wondering if this is just something I dreamt up, but my mind decided to switch the memory over into the reality category without telling me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21458 on: November 02, 2012, 03:14:48 am »

Hmm. The first thing that came to mind was this, but it didn't involve Johnny Depp, I'm afraid.
Maybe you mis-remembered the actor? Does it look familiar?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21459 on: November 02, 2012, 03:21:55 am »

Hmm. The first thing that came to mind was this, but it didn't involve Johnny Depp, I'm afraid.
Maybe you mis-remembered the actor? Does it look familiar?

I think that's it.  Thanks :D
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21460 on: November 02, 2012, 03:27:21 am »

Oh, cool! I was just looking at the trailer and thinking, "Hang on, this doesn't really look like what he described at all..."
And I'd come back in here to edit a bit more uncertainity into my previous post, but somehow I was right. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21461 on: November 02, 2012, 03:37:01 am »

Yeah... but damn those are some horrible reviews.  What a shame.  It looked like a fun action film that was going to have a really unique and memorable visual style.

And I knew that it was the right one instantly, because I remembered laughing my ass off when I saw Gackt in the trailer.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:39:14 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21462 on: November 02, 2012, 03:38:57 am »

Yeah... but damn those are some horrible reviews.  What a shame.  It looked like a fun action film that was going to have a really unique and memorable visual style.
Bah, what do reviews know? Give it a shot, you're allowed to like stuff!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21463 on: November 02, 2012, 03:44:33 am »

TBH Woody Harrelson was probably the best thing one of the only good things about the film for me, followed by said visual style. :P Still, as Sirus said, give it a shot! I never put much stock in reviews, myself.
Booze is Life for Yoink

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21464 on: November 02, 2012, 03:45:32 am »

Bah, what do reviews know? Give it a shot, you're allowed to like stuff!

I probably will, and I'll probably like it better than the reviews suggest.  I tend to be less critical of films.  I've noticed that most people aren't very good at just relaxing and enjoying the experience when they sit down to watch something.  It's like they intentionally look for things to not like.  Usually it's stupid nitpicks that they focus in on to the point that they can't appreciate any good qualities or the experience as a whole.

Still.... those are REALLY bad reviews.  I've only seen one film that got such bad reviews that I still liked.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 [1431] 1432 1433 ... 11040