Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466657 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21105 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:45 am »

Famed sorcerer or meager peasant, they all die the same with a sword in their gut.
A knife just as well. Also more easy to conceal. Heck, if I ran Skyrim hitsquads, I'd send "merchants" across the world searching for their mark. They'd sell beets. Then stab you in the face.
The beets would also be poisoned.
The merchants would also be poisoned.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: October 29, 2012, 09:28:55 am »

Would their market stands be poisoned? Stupid question of course they would be.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21107 on: October 29, 2012, 10:37:31 am »

Thus giving you at least six times more stealthiness than the Morag Tong OR the Dark Brotherhood. And like, Twelvehundred times stealthier than the "Assassins" that call you out in the middle of Markarth while shouldering a guard out of the way and making it very clear not only that someone killed you but who that someone is.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #21108 on: October 29, 2012, 10:38:40 am »

The Morag Tong were never about stealth.
You could just walk up, club your mark to death, then show your Writ of Execution to the guards, who would happily let you stroll out.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:41 pm »

Thus giving you at least six times more stealthiness than the Morag Tong OR the Dark Brotherhood. And like, Twelvehundred times stealthier than the "Assassins" that call you out in the middle of Markarth while shouldering a guard out of the way and making it very clear not only that someone killed you but who that someone is.
I just got attacked by one, actually.
Was easy to beat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21110 on: October 29, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »

Thats seriously fucked O.o How the hell did they come to THAT conclusion?!
Said roommate is over-protective of the children he lost custody of due to his drug abuse and time in prison and he has been at my throat since he moved into this complex about eight months ago. It probably doesn't help that I look somewhat shaggy and spend most of my day in my room playing video games, which he thinks is childish.

That still seems like a huge leap to me? Some people...
My life would be better if this complex wasn't filled with middle-aged and elderly mentally unstable nicotine addicts that spend all of their day gossiping about the non-smokers and the young like they're some kind of devil. My life would also be better if I had a harem of catgirl maids that I could cuddle and love to death, but I digress.
Dei essentially lives with a bunch of mentally unhinged people.
This is pretty much the truth. I sometimes have to be twice as unhinged just to prevent myself from going off the deep end.
Dei essentially lives with a bunch of mentally unhinged people.
Sounds like a good excuse to move out.
Might be the best option in some cases.
I would like to, but as Kaijyuu has said...
I've already told him that, like 3 times xD He's stuck where he is though for at least a month.
Though technically I've been stuck here for two years.
You could just walk up, club your mark to death, then show your Writ of Execution to the guards, who would happily let you stroll out.
I had an enchanter in the Morag Tong. Amana never had to show her writs because she just used a ring with the Frenzy Humanoid enchantment to get them to attack her first. She was the Grandmaster of the Morag Tong and House Hlaalu before I lost the save.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:37:19 pm by dei »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: October 29, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »

:I

Well, I never got too far in Morrowind. I remember being so psyched about the Oblivion leveling system because I actually made it to level two without dying!

I did explore almost all of Morrowind though. At level one. I couldn't hit anything but I was already so nimble with the controller I could outrun most things except for cliff racers. Plus I used Stilt Riders a lot.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #21112 on: October 29, 2012, 02:25:13 pm »

Yeah, morrowind's combat system was annoying until you grinded (ground?) up to a high enough level to reliably hit shit.

I was used to Arena and Daggerfall though, so it wasn't so bad :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21113 on: October 29, 2012, 02:48:34 pm »

Yeah, morrowind's combat system was annoying until you grinded (ground?) up to a high enough level to reliably hit shit.

I was used to Arena and Daggerfall though, so it wasn't so bad :P
All I did was get Amana some jinkblades. They work on everything except vampires, even centurions and bonelords.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: October 29, 2012, 04:09:03 pm »

The trouble with Morrowind (aside from the "fall through the planet" bug, was that you needed to succeed in a skill check to actually hit the target. Otherwise, your blade or arrow would pass harmlessly through. Was an annoying and rather stupid design decision.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: October 29, 2012, 04:32:01 pm »

"What if Gangnam Style is just a giant rain dance, and we brought this hurricane upon ourselves?"

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: October 29, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »

"What if Gangnam Style is just a giant rain dance, and we brought this hurricane upon ourselves?"
Then the rest of america should be suffering, not us! What did I do!?!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:21 pm »

Then the rest of america should be suffering, not us! What did I do!?!

True, but I mean, you try aiming a hurricane with nothing but dance. That just sounds difficult as hell. Getting something that huge in the ballpark is close enough.

{Edit: I just heard the original phrase online and am sensitive to the people hurt by this storm. I hope everybody gets through this thing ok}
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21118 on: October 29, 2012, 05:27:36 pm »

My life would also be better if I had a harem of catgirl maids that I could cuddle and love to death
Looks like I have found my Quote of the Day™. It's applicable to pretty much every situation too. Besides catsplosions.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21119 on: October 29, 2012, 05:29:07 pm »

I'd also like a harem of catgirls, but I'd want them to be able to beat me at fighting games too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 11037