Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431603 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19605 on: October 11, 2012, 09:33:49 pm »

I can't believe I never realised this before- in America, money does grow on trees! :o
Tell me where now and no one gets hurt.

Misko, we must burn this place before the corporations find it.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:40 pm »

...You guys do have paper money, right? :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: October 11, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »

...You guys do have paper money, right? :))
He knows too much.

Nahh, really special paper. I;m not even sure it comes from trees. We have pens that don't show up on real ones and everything.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: October 11, 2012, 09:36:59 pm »

I'll get the torture plunger.
It's FEF, not FEOF

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:14 pm »

Technically "paper" money is a cloth, at least in the US. I'm unsure what exact fibers they use for it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:20 pm »

Perhaps more importantly, tree farms are a thing. Trees = money. The stuff on the trees can be turned into money, so presumably by the A = B B = C A = C thing, things growing on trees is money and money grows on trees. Makes perfect sense!

P.S. Logic can bite my pale hairy arse.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: October 11, 2012, 09:39:12 pm »

Technically "paper" money is a cloth, at least in the US. I'm unsure what exact fibers they use for it.
I'm guessing they keep as much of it a secret as possible, to help prevent counterfeits.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: October 11, 2012, 09:42:57 pm »

Quote from: Straight from the printer's mouth
The paper and ink used in the production of U.S. paper currency is as distinct as its design.  The paper comes to the BEP in brown paper-wrapped loads of 20,000 sheets (2 pallets of 10,000 sheets).  Each of these sheets is tracked by the BEP as it passes through the production process.   And, the total inventory of 20,000 sheets is continually reconciled to make sure each sheet is accounted for.  Currency paper is specifically made for the BEP by Crane Paper Company.  The ordinary paper that consumers use throughout their everyday life such as newspapers, books, cereal boxes, etc, is primarily made of wood pulp; however, United States currency paper is composed of 75% cotton and 25% linen.  This is what gives United States currency its distinct look and feel.  For denominations of $5 and above, the security thread, and watermark are already built into the paper when it is received.

Now, who knows if that's actually accurate and not some kind of front. But it's from the official US money printer website thingy. Which for some ungodly reason calls itself moneyfactory. Dot gov. That's my wtf of the day.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: October 11, 2012, 09:44:20 pm »

Quote from: Straight from the printer's mouth
The paper and ink used in the production of U.S. paper currency is as distinct as its design.  The paper comes to the BEP in brown paper-wrapped loads of 20,000 sheets (2 pallets of 10,000 sheets).  Each of these sheets is tracked by the BEP as it passes through the production process.   And, the total inventory of 20,000 sheets is continually reconciled to make sure each sheet is accounted for.  Currency paper is specifically made for the BEP by Crane Paper Company.  The ordinary paper that consumers use throughout their everyday life such as newspapers, books, cereal boxes, etc, is primarily made of wood pulp; however, United States currency paper is composed of 75% cotton and 25% linen.  This is what gives United States currency its distinct look and feel.  For denominations of $5 and above, the security thread, and watermark are already built into the paper when it is received.

Now, who knows if that's actually accurate and not some kind of front. But it's from the official US money printer website thingy. Which for some ungodly reason calls itself moneyfactory. Dot gov. That's my wtf of the day.

Calling all units, Calling all units, this is a code green situation. Repeat, Code Green. Breach event has occured. Repeat, Breach event has occcured. All units are to report to stations for Breach Protocol Gamma-412. This is not a drill. Repeat, this is not a Drill. Task group 537-F, "Night Warriors" is to be dispatched if and when permission form Beta Command is recieved. If situation progresses to Code Blue, Protocol Epsilon-93 is to be initiated. Should Protocol Epsilion Be initiated, All level 4 and above units are to Burn related documents, and take cyanide packets included in Package 43A. All Authorized personnel are to be advised to be on the lookout for code dispatcehs through unconventional means, as dictated in packet 243, Especially use of Procedure 35AF344FE3G, Code Name "You are Alone". Any Deviation from these commands is grounds for immediate termination by any authorized personnel. Surgical Neutralization Permission Requested from Beta-Command. Alpha command is unreachable as per document 34KF3F.
To all lever 6 Personnel, Bunkers indicated in Breach event Protocol Gamma-412 Document 25AV are to be filled with level 6 personnel ONLY. Unauthorized Personnel in Bunkers will lead to Termination of all in Respective Bunker By Poisonous gas.
The President is to be informed and the Nuclear Bunker is to be Prepped. Members of Congress are on high-alert, and have priority for Nearby Fall-out shelters. This is less then Ideal, But a necesasry part of Protocol Gamma-412

EDIT: Permission from Beta-Command recieved. Protocol Gamma-412 is to be instituted. Task Force Dispatched.
EDIT1.5: Alpha Command has reached saftery zone. All relevant transversal devices are to be destroyed.
EDIT2: Members of State Governments are being evacuated as per Addenum 1A.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:12:53 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: October 11, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »

Perhaps more importantly, tree farms are a thing. Trees = money. The stuff on the trees can be turned into money, so presumably by the A = B B = C A = C thing, things growing on trees is money and money grows on trees. Makes perfect sense!

P.S. Logic can bite my pale hairy arse.

Quick, we must escape with this forbidden knowledge before they can assassinate us!
Don't worry, I have a boat tree here. And over here, an oar tree. Once they've fruited, we can GTFO of here! They'll never catch us!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: October 11, 2012, 10:11:46 pm »

Bob Ross.
WHAT KIND OF SORCERER IS HE, HOW IS WHAT HE DOES EVEN POSSIBLE?

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, he was a painter who did a TV show about how to paint on PBS for like a decade. His style is basically "Dab some things onto the canvas, suddenly 5 seconds later there is a awesome cloud/river/mountain/whatever there from only like three brush bruss strokes".
Its like "Meh, what he is doing isn't that good" then 5 seconds later its "What just happened... how what did he just what?".
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: October 11, 2012, 10:13:26 pm »

Bob Ross.

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, he was a painter who did a TV show about how to paint on PBS for like a decade. His style is basically "Dab some things onto the canvas, suddenly 5 seconds later there is a awesome cloud/river/mountain/whatever there from only like three brush bruss strokes".
Its like "Meh, what he is doing isn't that good" then 5 seconds later its "What just happened... how what did he just what?".
He was fricking awesome, that's how. He even took MY thoughts off hatred of all existence for a bit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: October 11, 2012, 10:15:27 pm »

Bob Ross.

The pen is mighter than the sword. And the paintbrush is the pens hairy Eastern European cousin. Not the one that runs a taxi business and really loves bowling, the other one. The one that murders mob bosses, has five girlfriends and wrecks cars for shits and giggles.

In other words, Bob Ross is like an artistic Niko Bellic.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: October 11, 2012, 10:20:34 pm »

Bob Ross.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a better one, but I can't find it <_<;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: October 11, 2012, 10:21:34 pm »

Bob Ross.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a better one, but I can't find it <_<;
This is going in picture fight.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 11039