Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14477096 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #18795 on: October 06, 2012, 12:12:27 pm »

@Frumple: I remember a year or two back, at one of those McDonald's playgrounds with my niece. I was supposed to go in and find her as we were leaving, and it was at that moment I realised just how far I'd left my childhood behind. There was this little boy amongst the kids playing in it, and he stops and squints at me as I struggle to cram myself through the plastic tunnel thing, and he says, "You're not supposed to be in here!"

:( It was heartbreaking. I NEVAR FELT SO OLD.
Proper response is to squint back and go, "Yous not the boss o'me!" and then chuck (lightly) one of the balls from the ball pit at 'im.

But yeah, silly expectations like that are both pervasive and gets into the kids, too. It's a sad thing. We need bigger playgrounds like that, and an excising of the nonsense that says people over a certain age aren't supposed to use them. Society would probably end up both healthier and happier.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18796 on: October 06, 2012, 12:15:11 pm »

Yeah. That would be awesome.

There are so many government initiatives/ad campaigns promoting fitness, but no-one's thought to build Adult-sized playgrounds? ??? Or made any effort to remove the social stigma from being an adult and running around like a spaz, for that matter.
I like running around like a spaz, but I rarely do it if I'm out in public or whatever.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18797 on: October 06, 2012, 12:16:39 pm »

Spaz?  Like uncoordinated mess of a 6yrold child who pumps his arms around like he's a 16yrold in a mosh pit when he runs?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18798 on: October 06, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »

There are so many government initiatives/ad campaigns promoting fitness, but no-one's thought to build Adult-sized playgrounds? ??? Or made any effort to remove the social stigma from being an adult and running around like a spaz, for that matter.
I like running around like a spaz, but I rarely do it if I'm out in public or whatever.
Fun fact, the Gymnasium for the Greeks literally meant "the place to get naked."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18799 on: October 06, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »

Fun fact, the Gymnasium for the Greeks literally meant "the place to get naked."
I thought thats what the public baths were for?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18800 on: October 06, 2012, 12:19:43 pm »

Those horny Greeks, always after any excuse to get their kit off. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18801 on: October 06, 2012, 12:24:02 pm »

I thought thats what the public baths were for?
Romans.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18802 on: October 06, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »

I do this all the time at work. I run and jump so I can touch the signs hanging over the aisles, then when people give me dirty looks I'm like, "Can you touch it?"

Invariably, those who are asked either quail at the challenge before them, or give me another dirty look, and then try to touch the sign.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18803 on: October 06, 2012, 12:33:22 pm »

I do this all the time at work. I run and jump so I can touch the signs hanging over the aisles, then when people give me dirty looks I'm like, "Can you touch it?"

Invariably, those who are asked either quail at the challenge before them, or give me another dirty look, and then try to touch the sign.
Hehe. Some things are always fun.
I agree with the chair spinning. Chair spinning never gets old.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18804 on: October 06, 2012, 12:38:53 pm »

Hehe. Some things are always fun.
I agree with the chair spinning. Chair spinning never gets old.

I like being active. That burn in your lungs and legs is saying, "Hey, you're alive... QUIT BEING QUITE SO LIVELY!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #18805 on: October 06, 2012, 01:05:09 pm »

Strangely, sleeping for ten hours gives me the same buzz as running three miles.

WTF, body?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18806 on: October 06, 2012, 01:08:04 pm »

That's odd. Waking up is cortisol, running is endorphine. Shouldn't feel very similar, at least I don't think so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18809 on: October 06, 2012, 02:09:22 pm »

That's what I tried to tell the police the last time I did serious exercise, but they weren't having any of it. Then the running machine training came into use. :P
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 11037