Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433583 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #1815 on: September 26, 2011, 12:07:39 pm »

I can't figure out where the definately typo comes from~
I mean, the finite part has the same vowel sounds, but that a sneaks in with great frequency~
It wouldn't even be an issue if it weren't for the fact that I read it as 'deafen ate Lee'~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 26, 2011, 12:15:43 pm »

I can't figure out where the definately typo comes from~
I mean, the finite part has the same vowel sounds, but that a sneaks in with great frequency~
It wouldn't even be an issue if it weren't for the fact that I read it as 'deafen ate Lee'~
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:30:04 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 26, 2011, 12:29:59 pm »

I'm just going to post this... EVERYWHERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXDgFwE13g&feature=share

For WTF awesomeness.

There are no words to describe how good that was.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #1818 on: September 26, 2011, 01:41:41 pm »

Playing Metal Gear Ac!d, I came across this little Engrish line: "if all cards are destroyed, the character is get FAINT."
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 26, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 26, 2011, 03:58:28 pm »

It occurs to me that if Hitler ever were to have gone into hiding, the best thing he could've done would be to make a living as a Hitler impersonator for films, skits, and suchlike. The perfect cover!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:19 pm »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 26, 2011, 05:32:23 pm »

How did that work. PEOPLE OF THE WORLD: A WEAPON IN THE ARMPIT INDICATES FRAUD. THE PERSON IS NOT, IN FACT, DEAD.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »

Alabama thinks it's cool to say, "you can chose either church or prison...."

This program isn’t just unconstitutional, it is unconstitutional even under conservative Justice Antonin Scalia’s vision of the Constitution’s Establishment Clause. In his dissenting opinion in Lee v. Weisman, Scalia wrote that the state may not us the “threat of penalty” to “coerce anyone to support or participate in religion or its exercise.” Telling someone — even someone convicted of a crime — that they must participate in a religious service or go to jail clearly fails Justice Scalia’s test.

Indeed, as conservative law Professor Eugene Volokh points out, religiously compelled church attendance is so clearly and obviously unconstitutional, that the Mississippi Supreme Court held that a “judge’s decision to order people to attend church as a condition of bail is not just unconstitutional, but merits a 30-day suspension from the bench.” Again, this was in Mississippi. Just across the border in Alabama, however, one town apparently thinks that the Constitution no longer applies.

Someone was seriously considering doing this in Ohio where I am. [headdesk]

8-Bit Theater:
Fighter: "It goes to the worst place in the world." Answered by man from Alabama, "No, even Worse than Alabama, but thanks for askin'."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:49:18 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 26, 2011, 05:45:24 pm »

But they can attend the church of their choice!

Quick, someone set up a pastafarian chapel there.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 26, 2011, 05:50:29 pm »

...What if the offender is already a church attender?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 26, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »

...What if the offender is already a church attender?

"Clearly," good churchgoing folk would never be criminals... [sigh]. And if they are, well, more church will fix it (get out of jail free card).... Haven't you heard? Prayer fixes everything from praying the gay away to apparently praying the crime away.... :( Really?

Seriously, we had a judge around here a few years ago, who made a speech at her church about how she was "doing god's work" by manipulating the sentence of a female Japanese defendant from Cal Berkley so she couldn't get an abortion. Keep in mind, the defendant was complying with the terms of her plea agreement and should've gotten probation instead of jail, but the judge sentenced her to jail to stop the abortion. When the lawyer represented defendant called her on her BS, the judge removed him from the case. Thankfully she got disciplined for it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:24:11 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 26, 2011, 07:35:10 pm »

How did that work. PEOPLE OF THE WORLD: A WEAPON IN THE ARMPIT INDICATES FRAUD. THE PERSON IS NOT, IN FACT, DEAD.
The blood was quite convincing, though.

Also, which is worse? The fact that it costs 500 bucks to knock someone off in Brazil or the fact that they needed the money enough to commit fraud and stage the death?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 26, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »

Think the fraud was more to keep the woman from trying again with another hitman.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 11039