Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473486 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17940 on: September 28, 2012, 03:06:28 pm »

I'm not sure you're receiving the right medication if you're getting a rush from that... But I'm not a psychiatrist.
To my knowledge, all ADD medications are stimulants. So I'm pretty sure this is the intended effect. And really, outwardly I'm a lot more calm.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: September 28, 2012, 03:12:47 pm »

The effect shifts somewhat as you get used to it, I was on perscribed meth not all that long ago too... It wasn't pleasant for me, made me obsess about bad stuff and made really depressed.

Hope this works well for you though.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: September 28, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

The effect shifts somewhat as you get used to it, I was on perscribed meth not all that long ago too... It wasn't pleasant for me, made me obsess about bad stuff and made really depressed.

Prescribed meth?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: September 28, 2012, 03:32:24 pm »

Prescribed meth?
Meth is originally a prescription, think methadone replaced it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: September 28, 2012, 03:34:18 pm »

Meth, Ask your Doctor!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: September 28, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »

There's a pretty big difference between getting prescribed meth and prescribed amphetamines.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: September 28, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »

Also, if the icepack breaks up, then the cracks between the pieces are going to freeze over once autumn comes- which means that although the melt is more spectacular, everything will re-form more quickly.
Wat

Wrong thread.

Was it? Was it really? :P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: September 28, 2012, 03:41:55 pm »

There's a pretty big difference between getting prescribed meth and prescribed amphetamines.
And probably a big difference between getting meth produced by a pharmaceutical company and getting meth produced by a guy named Roscoe in his trailer.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: September 28, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »

Prescribed meth?
They like to call it Adderall (which is a brand name for the drug), to avoid calling it meth, but it's basically meth, you can get high off of it if you take it in large quantities, it is the stuff they cook up with matches and battery acid and whatever.

That's as maybe, but I was taking something my doctor called Adderall, and my CVS bottle called "methamphetamine salts".

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: September 28, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »

Methlyamphetamine =/= Amphetamines. There is also a huge difference between pharmaseudical doses, and getting high. Adrenaline is an Amphetamine, for one.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: September 28, 2012, 03:44:55 pm »

The person next to me who takes adderall just told me that its not actual methamphetamine, just something that's very structurally similar.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: September 28, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »

Yes but im pretty sure its not made from laundry cleaner :P

as a ADD kid i can provide evidence that the stuff does calm you down but side effects are nasty.

adrenaline is a Catecholamine, its meant to pump you up for flight or fight

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: September 28, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »

Perusing macromeme: "Oh, I had better bookmark a few of the clever ones for le macromeme thread."

Ten hours later, looking at unsorted bookmarks: "Why the fuck are there more than a hundred macromeme links in here?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: September 28, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »

The person next to me who takes adderall just told me that its not actual methamphetamine, just something that's very structurally similar.
You know, I'm thinking you might be right. I think maybe it was just amphetamine salts, and I added the "meth" part on in my head. Apologies.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: September 28, 2012, 05:07:07 pm »

WTF of the day: History Crash Course on 9GAG  ???
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 11037