Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 11004

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13663408 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17685 on: September 26, 2012, 07:24:11 pm »

That's a pretty good description of me now, minus bruising. I smack my head into various parts of the staircase to my room on a weekly basis and have no marks to show from it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #17687 on: September 26, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

I've been behaving strangely on the forums lately in the interests of entertaining myself, except not really. It's like my ability to pick up an idea as distantly related to the topic as possible and awkwardly connect it to that topic is running rampant.

I mean, I wrote a haiku. In a thread about a comic. I have no idea why haiku popped into my head, but once my mind grasped it, I couldn't put it down and had to post it.

WTF, brain?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17688 on: September 26, 2012, 09:52:03 pm »

Incidentally, it was a pretty nice haiku.
So there's that.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: September 26, 2012, 09:53:35 pm »

on the topic of stupid injuries,
3 times all seperated by varing degrees of time. I stepped on a hay fork, in one side out the other, fuck another injection in the ass.

It was the same hay fork, no one though of moving it from where it was in the dammed overgrown grass.

hay fork is usied for making has has 2 long tines about 10" long, there were old slightly rusty and possible with cow shit. yeah.

stabs ninjas
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: September 26, 2012, 10:03:09 pm »

Ouch. Sounds like what a friend of mine did. He pretty much jumped on a four inch spike. It was an accident, they were fixing the front porch and it was still in a board. Anyway, long story short, they stuck his foot in a bucket of water and disinfectant and squished the hole to suck the water through it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17691 on: September 26, 2012, 11:10:28 pm »

I got off fairly lucky as a kid, perhaps more so than I deserved with all the crap I did during the occasional periods of time where I had a friend or two. No broken bones ever, only one serious blow to the head (which, to be fair, put me under for a minute or two and make me so screwed up that I needed a wheelchair for an hour or two), but it happened in high school), not even any bee or wasp stings.

Probably the worst I've ever been hurt was when I was mountain luging (which, incidentally, is about as awesome as it sounds) and my brakes failed. I ended up doing a front-flip off a rock at the side of the path and lost pretty much all the skin in a 4 inch-diameter circle centered on my left cheek (which gave me a bloody awesome scar for a few years, it has since sadly faded away); scratched up my glasses; and cut my legs up pretty badly. After I got back up to the top of the mountain, I went down ten more times. I was eight years old and I was determined to show that mountain who the boss was.  :P

Apart from that, just a few burns, getting hit in the chest by fireworks, etc.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: September 26, 2012, 11:11:58 pm »

Wait, getting hit in the chest by fireworks? That sounds like an interesting story.

Is FD impervious to bottle rockets?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: September 26, 2012, 11:14:32 pm »

You know those things that are like larger bottle rockets? One of those. I just had the wind knocked out of me, nothing serious. That same day I burned my leg pretty badly on the grill, which gave me this strange scar on the back of my left shin for a couple years, a pair of parallel horizontal bars.

By far the stupidest thing I've ever done was closing a pair of pliers on the contacts of an exposed electrical socket for five dollars.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: September 26, 2012, 11:15:48 pm »

Ah, so you ARE impervious to bottle rockets. I wonder if the same holds true for artillery fire.

Let's test it.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17695 on: September 26, 2012, 11:16:50 pm »

Ah, so you ARE impervious to bottle rockets. I wonder if the same holds true for artillery fire.

Let's test it.

Is this another sex metaphor?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17696 on: September 26, 2012, 11:18:03 pm »

No. Well it is now, thanks to you, but it wasn't before!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:27:19 pm by kaijyuu »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17697 on: September 26, 2012, 11:25:46 pm »

O-0 The fuck did I just walk in on?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17698 on: September 26, 2012, 11:26:54 pm »

Kai you're treading on thin ice, better tone it down bro.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17699 on: September 26, 2012, 11:27:13 pm »

Sorry :( Removed bad joke.
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 11004