Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 11003

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13654215 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17415 on: September 24, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »

I was randomly selected to fill out a survey on the effects of marijuana usage on my campus. Heh, they picked the one sober person who attends this school by complete chance. Have fun with your statistical anomaly!

You want to know how many stoners there are here? The survey didn't even have a question for whether or not you used marijuana or not. All it had was a question for the last month.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:35:24 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17416 on: September 24, 2012, 12:35:00 pm »

Make sure to write on it that your roommate is a racist pothead.

E:

I think i figured out how i picked up a different search engine as start page...
My brother was smart enough when trying to download black mesa to click on one of the "DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!1" ads. *facepalm*.
I guess it spread over lan to my computer... (i can remember the name, and when disabling the toolbar i got i got the same name)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:59:22 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17417 on: September 24, 2012, 02:00:49 pm »

China's Most Terrifying Theme Park

That China would host an incredibly fun, dangerous theme park is not surprising. I hiked the Great Wall in sections where it was a 30-foot fall into thickets of briars on either side, with no handrails and half the wall collapsed. But this part was my WTF:

Those who prefer a less stressful experience are invited to take a seat and witness some of the finest, most bizarre entertainment on offer in the People’s Republic: the North American Lumbering Burlesque Show. In this, two teams of suspiciously Russian-looking cowboys and girls compete against each other by throwing axes at targets, waving around large chainsaws and alternating between fist fighting and folk dancing. The promotional material promises the audiences will “harvest limitless pleasures”. It is not wrong.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17418 on: September 24, 2012, 02:04:10 pm »

That China would host an incredibly fun, dangerous theme park is not surprising. I hiked the Great Wall in sections where it was a 30-foot fall into thickets of briars on either side, with no handrails and half the wall collapsed. But this part was my WTF:

Those who prefer a less stressful experience are invited to take a seat and witness some of the finest, most bizarre entertainment on offer in the People’s Republic: the North American Lumbering Burlesque Show. In this, two teams of suspiciously Russian-looking cowboys and girls compete against each other by throwing axes at targets, waving around large chainsaws and alternating between fist fighting and folk dancing. The promotional material promises the audiences will “harvest limitless pleasures”. It is not wrong.
That's some... interesting stereotyping they got going on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17419 on: September 24, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »

I uh... Erm...

China.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17420 on: September 24, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »

I uh... Erm...

China.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17421 on: September 24, 2012, 02:31:58 pm »

From the description that you gave that doesn't sound that different from a sawdust festival, only adding in the fistfights and folk dancing. A real lumberjack competition does involve axe throwing and chainsaw wielding, just on a bit more of an "individual" basis then a "team" one. :P

Though the fact that somebody in China thought to turn a lumberjack festival into a show is a bit WTF'y for me.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #17422 on: September 24, 2012, 02:32:17 pm »

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.

Hmph. Well, seeing as it doesn't help fund the not-so-great programmes, I'll let you off this time with a warning.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17423 on: September 24, 2012, 02:40:56 pm »

From the description that you gave that doesn't sound that different from a sawdust festival, only adding in the fistfights and folk dancing. A real lumberjack competition does involve axe throwing and chainsaw wielding, just on a bit more of an "individual" basis then a "team" one. :P

Though the fact that somebody in China thought to turn a lumberjack festival into a show is a bit WTF'y for me.
It's Guangzhou. It doesn't surprise me.
Cantonese pop culture makes the Vegas Strip look like an opera hall in terms of class and tackiness.

Unrelated WTF: Convicted felons who put video clips of themselves firing weapons (itself a felony if you're already a felon) and making threats as to which sucka they gonna bust a cap in next (also a criminal violation)...on Facebook. Do you think law enforcement don't get the same Internet you get? Or that it's somehow not admissible in a court of law??

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17424 on: September 24, 2012, 02:49:27 pm »

You may be surprised what's not admissible as evidence.

But from your description, that should be admissible. Perhaps they weren't monitoring these particular felons' facebook at that time?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17425 on: September 24, 2012, 02:52:52 pm »

Oh, no, no...they're monitoring. I just helped rip the video so it can be used in court. I'm just WTF that somebody would make that video and then put it out there for the world (including law enforcement) to see.

I'm sure Truean has probably seen felons do stupider things, but still...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17426 on: September 24, 2012, 02:57:47 pm »

Humans: Surprisingly stupid.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #17427 on: September 24, 2012, 03:02:45 pm »

I'm no longer surprised by any show of human stupidity. My own inevitable ones included :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17428 on: September 24, 2012, 03:27:42 pm »

I was randomly selected to fill out a survey on the effects of marijuana usage on my campus. Heh, they picked the one sober person who attends this school by complete chance. Have fun with your statistical anomaly!

You want to know how many stoners there are here? The survey didn't even have a question for whether or not you used marijuana or not. All it had was a question for the last month.

welcome to college

drug use here is not determined by how much you want to do drugs, but rather by how much you can afford to

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #17429 on: September 24, 2012, 03:41:51 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/2-marines-court-martialed-urination-case-183621872.html

The comments. Every one that I have read so far has been outraged that US soldiers are not allowed to pee on dead taliban and post videos of it online.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 11003